IGNORED

If you like evening kickoffs...enjoy tomorrow.

Mr Popodopolous

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I've always wondered why floodlights are on so early & then still on hours after the games have finished. 

Surely reducing the times they are on either side of the game, would make a difference, rather than altering kick off times..? 

Steady old chap....that's this old fashioned thing called "common sense"  ?

2 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

Steady old chap....that's this old fashioned thing called "common sense"  ?

Ha ha - in fairness, I do know that they need to heat up & cool down - but surely that doesn't take the hours that the lights are left on after games..? 

2 hours ago, One Team said:

They could do with turning off the lights in the stands for a start, ruins the under the floodlights atmosphere, brighter there than on the pitch! 

Pity I can only give you the one like for this. I've made suggestions for improvement, but surely they could easily dial down the brightness.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, One Team said:

They could do with turning off the lights in the stands for a start, ruins the under the floodlights atmosphere, brighter there than on the pitch! 

@Sleepy1968

Fairly sure although could be wrong, it'd be linked to SAG stipulations and such. Apologies, multi quoting across 2 pages- tried a few times.

Perhaps these things would be relaxed with energy bills rocketing but sure it's been linked to this for ages.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 hours ago, RedRaw said:

Wow, probably another ‘south stander’ that doesn’t see or chooses to ignore the fact people in that stand do it as well.

To be fair I had no idea people in my stand (the Dolman) did it either. Thinking about it, it's evident the knob-heads are uniformly spaced around the ground.

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/08/30/efl-considering-early-kick-off-times-avoid-energy-crisis-disaster/

It's only a consideration at this stage but it's clearly on the table- as we get towards Autumn and Winter there is certainly up for discussion the idea of earlier kick off times to limit use of floodlights etc.

Perhaps they could turn the lights off in the stands…?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

@Sleepy1968

Fairly sure although could be wrong, it'd be linked to SAG stipulations and such. Apologies, multi quoting across 2 pages- tried a few times.

Perhaps these things would be relaxed with energy bills rocketing but sure it's been linked to this for ages.

Yes, you're right, it is. The SAG seem to make up their own local rules though don't they, and that's what irks. Seems to be down to the whims and fancies of unelected officials. How many other teams play with their off pitch arena lighting set to 11?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Yes, you're right, it is. The SAG seem to make up their own local rules though don't they, and that's what irks. Seems to be down to the whims and fancies of unelected officials. How many other teams play with their off pitch arena lighting set to 11?

Thought so- seems to be pot luck by location doesn't it, no uniform standard- I read for example one that might be worse than ours albeit a different issue, Hull apparently narrowly avoided some sanctions or behind closed doors/partial capacity cut from theirs but wasn't aware Hull's ground was a modern hotbed of hooliganism...or just a very stringent SAG?

I digress, it does seem to be based on whims somewhat, and no uniform national standard either probably.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

If this is the one I'm thiking of, a young Gordon Hill was playing for Millwall, not too long before his big move to Manchester United.

Could have this all wrong, it was ages ago.

You're almost certainly right, he would have been around 20 at the time, Feb 74

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RedRaw said:

Wow, probably another ‘south stander’ that doesn’t see or chooses to ignore the fact people in that stand do it as well.

So the South Standers are furtively communicating with the Atyeo? Disgraceful- bloody 5th Columnists!

Edited by Renaissance Williams
Spelling error corrected … I know they upset some people!

40 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Yep and it was infinitely better than now. There are supporters who have no idea how fantastic a night game could look at Ashton Gate.

Still remember as a youngster that when the lights came on in the stands before half time, that was the signal for everyone to start heading for their half time pint!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I've always wondered why floodlights are on so early & then still on hours after the games have finished. 

Surely reducing the times they are on either side of the game, would make a difference, rather than altering kick off times..? 

It's to annoy Tilly Vacher in Clifton for longer.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

They could start economizing by turning the lights off in the stands !

• Like 1