IGNORED

If you like evening kickoffs...enjoy tomorrow.

Mr Popodopolous

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

So do we.

For what it’s worth I think this is far more likely to be an issue for lower league clubs than Championship ones, so would not be surprised to see games at L1 or L2 kicking off at midday on the weekend this winter.

I wasn’t aware of that but thinking about it solar panels must have been installed during the redevelopment. 

25 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The Lawn has solar panels installed which would help reduce the floodlight costs. Plus the ground is relatively small with a capacity of around 5k so a grand per floodlit match is small beer compared to other stadiums. I imagine it costs City at least x10 times that of the Lawn, probably more. 

Nothing like stating the obvious eh RR ? I should imagine the majority of football fans are aware of this.

As for City...we provide a lot of our own energy...it's even been on the official website ? 

https://www.evoenergy.co.uk/case-study/ashton-gate-stadium/#:~:text=The solar PV array consists,expected to be used onsite.

It will affect much smaller clubs.

The most annoying thing, is this ' crisis' could have been less of a problem if as a country, we'd invested in wind turbines both offshore and onshore, as well as using the Bristol channel tidal energy. And solar energy.

As a human race and population, we know this...yet the idiots who run our country are only in it for themselves. Short term massive profits, rather than long term sustainability.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

Nothing like stating the obvious eh RR ? I should imagine the majority of football fans are aware of this.

As for City...we provide a lot of our own energy...it's even been on the official website ? 

https://www.evoenergy.co.uk/case-study/ashton-gate-stadium/#:~:text=The solar PV array consists,expected to be used onsite.

It will affect much smaller clubs.

Thinking of anyone in particular ?

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

The most annoying thing, is this ' crisis' could have been less of a problem if as a country, we'd invested in wind turbines both offshore and onshore, as well as using the Bristol channel tidal energy. And solar energy.

As a human race and population, we know this...yet the idiots who run our country are only in it for themselves. Short term massive profits, rather than long term sustainability.

Now you’re getting into the world of renewable energy Spudski - and on a football forum as well…….……:disapointed2se:

6 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Thinking of anyone in particular ?

The majority in the lower leagues and pyramid I should imagine...as lighting isn't just match day.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Now you’re getting into the world of renewable energy Spudski - and on a football forum as well…….……:disapointed2se:

I wish you had some RR ???

• Hmmm 1

16 minutes ago, spudski said:

If you look at a live energy map.of Europe the UK is actually pretty decent in generating solar and wind energy when these are available. Currently, meaning this minute, it is 16.5% wind, 12.2% solar and 6.6% biomass.

Nuclear 13.3%, coal 2.6% and gas 45.6%.

We are currently exporting 6% to France and importing 2% from Holland.

Some countries are better, Norway has a lot of hydro, but we really aren't doing badly in this regard.

Our overall "carbon intensity", these are all live, is 282g, Germany is 389g and Poland 568g.

Not bad at all IMHO.

https://app.electricitymaps.com/zone/GB

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

If you look at a live energy map.of Europe the UK is actually pretty decent in generating solar and wind energy when these are available. Currently, meaning this minute, it is 16.5% wind, 12.2% solar and 6.6% biomass.

We are currently exporting 6% to France and importing 2% from Holland.

Some countries are better, Norway has a lot of hydro, but we really aren't doing badly in this regard.

Our overall "carbon intensity", these are all live, is 282g, Germany is 389g and Poland 568g.

Not bad at all IMHO.

https://app.electricitymaps.com/zone/GB

Hopefully we generate more quickly. However I have little faith in that happening soon.

Think it's all a bit too late now. 

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

Hopefully we generate more quickly. However I have little faith in that happening soon.

Think it's all a bit too late now. 

Maybe, but I think that the UK has done pretty well.

The other side of the equation though is consumption. Central heating, for example, was rare until the 1980s and ice on the inside of bedroom windows common in cold winters.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

The other side of the equation though is consumption. Central heating, for example, was rare until the 1980s and ice on the inside of bedroom windows common in cold winters.

Hmm. 47% of British houses in 1975 had central heating and by 1980, this had climbed to 59% I wouldn't call it "rare".

Also, it's easy to have little carbon emissions if you've killed off most of your heavy industry.  

Denmark, a colder country than the UK, has a carbon intensity figure of 138g incidentally. Much more work can be done here in my view. 

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Hmm. 47% of British houses in 1975 had central heating and by 1980, this had climbed to 59% I wouldn't call it "rare".

Also, it's easy to have little carbon emissions if you've killed off most of your heavy industry.  

Denmark, a colder country than the UK, has a carbon intensity figure of 138g incidentally. Much more work can be done here in my view. 

Rich people! I used to know several people without central heating and now don't know any.

The national carbon intensity figures calculated in the link are purely based upon the generation of electricity rather than including any direct usage of fuels such as gas for central heating.

• Like 1

We really should be generating a lot more renewable energy than the likes of Germany or Poland given that they have one coastline and we're a bloody island.  Offshore wind should be used on all sides of the UK - it's a no-brainer.  But we won't get there with this mob in power...  And while idiots keep voting them in we'll be waiting for a long time yet.  

As has always been the case the biggest threat to humanity is humanity itself.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

The memory of scraping ice from my window before going to school ❄️..

Those were the days ?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Wow, that's 52.2% just from Horfield then.