IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers away match thread

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Strange that they’d won 4/7 before today then & most people would say Dack, Brereton-Diaz & Hirst is some forward line.

They are a good side, will be top half & yet we are dominating sides like this.

I know some on here hate to admit it, but Pearson is doing an incredible job.

Just shows what having an experienced, knowledgeable football manager can do, even with our ridiculous FFP constraints.

Yeah but, we haven't played anybody decent yet?

• Haha 3

We played so well today. For 70 minutes. We made Blackburn look ordinary for large parts of the game. Shame we let them score twice. The big test is coming: Norwich and Burnley away in the same week. Ludicrous schedule. Burnley have a neat little trip to Preston on the Tuesday; we play at Norwich on the Wednesday. Then we play at Burnley on Saturday. Nonsense schedule. How is that any way fair? Burnley are even home to Norwich on the previous Friday night. Nice spacing out for the relegated PL teams, computer.

• Like 6

3-2 flattered Blackburn somewhat, the amount first half in particular we went at them was great- some of the football this season is a delight.

Wells, written off by a few- is that 4 for the season now? Conway keeps going , the two assists will do Weimann' s confidence some good- Naismith defended well despite some criticism of late in fact the whole team played well. Real togetherness right now IMO.

I saw this as a possible draw, Blackburn had overall had a good start and recently strengthened late in the window but yet...we absolutely dominated for a lot of the game, especially first half.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

We played so well today. For 70 minutes. We made Blackburn look ordinary for large parts of the game. Shame we let them score twice. The big test is coming: Norwich and Burnley away in the same week. Ludicrous schedule. Burnley have a neat little trip to Preston on the Tuesday; we play at Norwich on the Wednesday. Then we play at Burnley on Saturday. Nonsense schedule. How is that any way fair? Burnley are even home to Norwich on the previous Friday night. Nice spacing out for the relegated PL teams, computer.

I’m not worried.  TBH.  

8 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

The first big test was coming today. And we passed with flying colours. Bring them on!

• Like 4
40 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

Suppose it doesn't matter as much conceding late when you score loads, but wish we would cut it out for the sake of my health!

What a game though, some of the best attacking play I've seen from us in many years.

I think it does matter, notwithstanding that we played well today and got a good result.

I mentioned only a week or so ago the old maxim "strikers win games, but defences win championships ( or promotion)". We are far too prone to conceding, and especially late on, even when apparently in control of games. It must play on our players' minds  and gives heart to opposition teams, even when they are apparently dead and buried ( if such a thing exists when we are playing!)

Perhaps it is a by product of the way we are playing, and none of us want to rein in our attacking play, but as with Wednesday night, we won't keep getting away with sloppy defensive play and won't always manage to score 3 to keep our noses in front if we keep conceding.

10 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Really can’t wait for next Saturday 

when was the last we felt like that ??????

When Mrs Downend reminded me that "next Saturday is your birthday ;) :yes:" a week in advance!

• Like 1