IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers away match thread

46 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Twentyman just said on RB that only Man City have scored more goals than we have. Just need to improve the conceding.

Haaland has scored more than most teams this season!

48 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Yes at least it wasn’t a glaring error from a defender this time

We’ll it was really. Naismith tried nicking the ball off Dolan by getting in front of him. He didn’t win it which left a hole for Dolan to run into to feed a easy pass to BD . If he’d stood Dolan up he wouldn’t of been able to make the pass & the run wouldn’t of been made. We were outstanding for much of the game though & we're playing some brilliant football. Very exciting stuff . COYR

• Like 1

Just checked into our hotel in Manchester after coming from Ewood Park.

Fantastic result that, we were so good in that first half. Should have been easily 0-3 up! Alex Scott was simply sensational, Blackburn couldn’t get near him all game.

I don’t really know how they scored 2 goals though as we totally dominated that, but what a result!

Up the City, the good times are back.

• Like 7
  • Robin 1
2 hours ago, BCFC Rich said:

Some good comments on us on the Blackburn Forum:

Wells showing himself to be exactly the unfulfilled potential he’s always been tagged with.

Bristol City carving us open.. swagger about them..really impressed 

Alex Scott looks a level above Wharton right now

Not fluid in attack, slow and weak as piss in the middle, full backs being targeted Bristol City 3x the team we are ..fast direct fluid pressing.. we are slow ponderous and shite 

I am surprised it took them so long to score.

Conway - been banging them in recently. They fully deserve it 

There was a huge amount of fuss about him midweek, and he looks a talent indeed, but there was one move from Scott first half where he dragged Wharton in tight just inside our half, knowing he was on a yellow and couldn’t tackle him, and just rolled him inside, and off he went.  Magical moment.

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

OK there's the goals, and he's our top scorer .

But Tommy's movement is brilliant. Dropping into holes, dragging defenders wide, brilliant
But made better by runners and others working hard. Great to watch.

He went long a bit early on, therefore defence drop a bit…then he changes his runs to drop in short.  Fantastic maturity.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, johnheadbcfc said:

I thought Matty James played well today and I'm usually not his biggest fan!

One of his best games for us…but completely overshadowed by Scott who was imperious.

1 hour ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

So does Scott's yellow card mean he's looking forward to a one game ban ?

Nope.  Just his third in the league (one in cup).

A42E0CFF-C930-4C4B-9F30-F5755A5B96FF.jpeg

• Like 1

Amazing how mobility upfront transforms players and the whole set-up.

Finally, with somebody to play alongside more centrally, Wells looks a man transformed. Zero to hero and long may that continue. Conway looks as though he could be the real deal. Weimann deeper also helps both shape and press.

Folks last year were suckered into the belief that we didn't have problems upfront, citing the number of goals we scored. Ignore that most were notched on the break, that we had zero ability to hold the ball in the opposition half let alone final third, or worry defences in thinking we might be a threat, allowing the opposition to bully our mids and defence at will.

I don't want to put it all on Conway's shoulders but he IS the catalyst for change. He bothers defences, they worry where he is on the park, he doesn't allow them to compose themselves and this allows others to transform their game.

Bloody great to watch.

• Like 5
  • Robin 1
41 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Finally, with somebody to play alongside more centrally, Wells looks a man transformed. Zero to hero and long may that continue. Conway looks as though he could be the real deal. Weimann deeper also helps both shape and press.

Folks last year were suckered into the belief that we didn't have problems upfront, citing the number of goals we scored. Ignore that most were notched on the break, that we had zero ability to hold the ball in the opposition half let alone final third, or worry defences in thinking we might be a threat, allowing the opposition to bully our mids and defence at will.

I don't want to put it all on Conway's shoulders but he IS the catalyst for change. He bothers defences, they worry where he is on the park, he doesn't allow them to compose themselves and this allows others to transform their game.

Bloody great to watch.

Very well said, I fully agree. The football is fast, skillfull and a joy to watch. I am not slating Martin but he plays a different game, very slow and pondering. We used him a lot last season and players like Wells weren't suited to it, lump it long etc. Weimann found a way to adapt and flourish of course.

Conway plays with freedom, without fear. He just goes for it and seems to be on the same wavelength as Wells, and other team mates. He just isn't stifled, doesn't give up and it's so refreshing.

• Like 2

City were outstanding today. We looked the sort of team that have beaten us at AG quite comfortably over the last three or more years. 

Blackburn were woeful today. They looked like the City team we’ve seen put in dismal performances so frequently at AG over the last three or more years. 

It’s so good to be on the right side for a change. Thanks Nige - we’ve got our team back (or someone else’s!)

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Bloody great to watch.

I like that fact that Conway seems to be an all rounder.

He's good with the ball into his feet, or he can come short and lay the ball off, or turn and run at the defence.

He's pretty quick, disciplined, will chase, will get stuck in, is apparently the best finisher at the club (looks very natural to me) and despite not being physically imposing, has scored a few headers.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

One of his best games for us…but completely overshadowed by Scott who was imperious.

Nope.  Just his third in the league (one in cup).

A42E0CFF-C930-4C4B-9F30-F5755A5B96FF.jpeg

The thing I take from this is that Naismith isn’t doing the hard yards as a central defender. Both Atkinson and Vyner are on two yellows, while Williams, Scott and James have picked up a few yellows but Naismith hasn’t had one yet. Coasting?!

• Haha 2
22 minutes ago, grifty said:

I like that fact that Conway seems to be an all rounder.

He's good with the ball into his feet, or he can come short and lay the ball off, or turn and run at the defence.

He's pretty quick, disciplined, will chase, will get stuck in, is apparently the best finisher at the club (looks very natural to me) and despite not being physically imposing, has scored a few headers.

His movement is very good as well . He makes unselfish runs dragging players out of position. It’s a very strange thing to say but, that’s  something semenyo needs to learn to be better at. With Antoine it’s more off the cuff with power & pace. It’s a very good combination between the four of them in any combination . With also Martin to come off the bench late on as we seen Wednesday to hold the ball up . Tommy’s a very intelligent player imo 

2 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Their manager explains that he has a young team that is going through transition, hence the result. We can only imagine how challenging that must be! 

Funny how every week we are saying how bad the opposition is. Maybe there's a common denominator here...?

2 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

The thing I take from this is that Naismith isn’t doing the hard yards as a central defender. Both Atkinson and Vyner are on two yellows, while Williams, Scott and James have picked up a few yellows but Naismith hasn’t had one yet. Coasting?!

So you think a player is coasting because he hasn’t had a yellow card? Am I being whooshed here 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

So you think a player is coasting because he hasn’t had a yellow card? Am I being whooshed here 

Maybe it’s just the way he’s being asked to play or how he wants to play but everyone around him is picking up yellows but not him. To me that just suggests he’s leaving the defending and tackling to others, who are then picking up cards while he does his own thing.

• Confused 1

So back from the game, the two who impressed me the most were Vyner and DaSilva.

For someone who gets slated so much Vyner was brilliant, he does so much clearing up as the last man, he's even started yelling instructions at Sykes and Naismith which is great to see, may be one day he will be appreciated!

And DaSilva - what has happened to him this season, gone are the timidity and mouse like behaviours, he seemed to spend large chunks of the match attacking, and being around the penalty area, plus he is so quick in the tackle.

• Like 7

I watched the whole game on telly. Have to say that must be the best first half of football I’ve seen us play for a long long time. We were relentless in the second quarter and TCs goal was coming. Our performance as a whole was good too, although I was hoping we’d kill the game off at 3-1. Really excited now for this season if we can maintain our form going forward. Can’t believe I was on here a couple of weeks ago saying that sacking Nige was a bad idea. 

Up the ******* City!

Edited by real_bristol
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1