IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers away match thread

58 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Really like these videos filmed from the different angles, shows the pace of the game and catches little bits , like players reactions that you don’t get on traditional highlights ?⚪?

When Joe and I used to sit in the Wheelchair area in the south stand towards the corner that met the Dolman, you got a very similar view to Redzone, and a completely different view from the sides where it’s more a tv view.  I used to love it there, a metre raised up (unlike at West Brom where you are actually below pitch level) so a reasonable depth of field.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

When Joe and I used to sit in the Wheelchair area in the south stand towards the corner that met the Dolman, you got a very similar view to Redzone, and a completely different view from the sides where it’s more a tv view.  I used to love it there, a metre raised up (unlike at West Brom where you are actually below pitch level) so a reasonable depth of field.

I still find how you feel the pace of the game the lower you are and the closer you are.

I think I’ve done the whole 360 of the ground as a spot over the years and half way , mid / upper Dolman , and similar height now in Lansdown if I wanted to really ‘watch the game’ including tactically etc 

For enjoying the experience and really ‘ feeling the game ‘, Id say alongside tunnel in the old enclosure

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

when I go down with my eldest,  Tom, that's were we sit.. it is a good spot,  we used to sit about 5 rows back to the left of the goal in the Atyeo as the disabled seats where below the pitch! Loved it there. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

I still find how you feel the pace of the game the lower you are and the closer you are.

Back in the early 1990s, I went down to Portsmouth and stood on the half way line - at pitch level or, as it seemed at time, almost standing a foot below.

Apart from feeling the pace of the game, as you say, what I also noticed in the warm up was the size of Mark Aizelwood’s thighs and the length and power he got on the ball when he headed it, something you can’t really appreciate when watching in the stand.

• Like 1