IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers away match thread

Personally very surprised that Williams doesn’t start.

Shame there is no Klose on the bench, we do look a bit short of defensive cover as a result.

Pring is pretty clearly out of favour as surely he would make more sense as a sub than having 3 midfielders otherwise.

• Like 2

While I'd take a point today, with 4 wins and 3 draws this season Blackburn don't do draws.

We've scored 13 league goals to their 7 - so almost twice their 1 goal per game average - and conceded 1 more.

I'm sure the plan will be stun them with our usual fast start, net the first goal early - no post hitting this week Andi -and go all out for the 3 points.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Shame there is no Klose on the bench, we do look a bit short of defensive cover as a result.

Pring is pretty clearly out of favour as surely he would make more sense as a sub than having 3 midfielders otherwise.

Agree as thought Williams would come in for James. Don’t get the decision to have 3 Midfielders on bench & who from that bench could slot in as a CB in event of injury. Assume Williams would become a front sweeper which isn’t ideal  but does make the absence of Pring/Tanner see odd  

12 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I don't usually subscribe to conspiracy theories, but the continued non-selection of Pring which is leaving the bench lop sided is very odd. There has obviously been some sort of falling out there imo.

Anyway, I'm predicting a 2-2 today after seeing the teams - which'll do for me, a point would be good.

Edited by bcfc01
Just now, bcfc01 said:

I don't usually subscribe to conspiracy theories, but the continued non-selection of Pring which is leaving the bench lop sided is very odd. There has obviously been some sort of falling out there imo.

Anyway, I'm predicting a 2-2 today - which'll do for me if we, a point would be good.

Or he hasn't been training as well as others? If there was a falling out he would have gone in the transfer window.

7 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Agree as thought Williams would come in for James. Don’t get the decision to have 3 Midfielders on bench & who from that bench could slot in as a CB in event of injury. Assume Williams would become a front sweeper which isn’t ideal  but does make the absence of Pring/Tanner see odd  

My thoughts too, Williams would play there if needed, but Klose is an obvious miss.

Guess Tanner only really covers what Wilson does? But Pring is clearly out of favour.

13 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I'd be extremely annoyed if I were one of Sykes, James or Scott and got hooked gor Williams. All 3 were excellent on Wednesday 

9 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

Yes,,a high scoring match rather likely..

Although today I fear we'll be outscored....

If I had to put money on it (I won't but if I did) I'd go the other way actually. As others have noted Blackburn have scored only 7 goals so far. The xG and shots data is equally fairly low. Ours is very good. 

On paper - which football is not played upon - we win.

2-3 away win.

I'm also going to say something truly ridiculous - I think we will be awarded a penalty.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

5 away games so far for City and we've scored in every game. 

A total of 12 away goals scored including Cup games.

A fine record, and while we should be wary of Blackburn's attacking potential, having not been prolific goalscorers themselves they'll be more than concerned about ours.

• Like 1