IGNORED

A huge success.

OliOTIB

1 hour ago, OliOTIB said:

To think of our situation now in comparison to this time 1/2 years ago, getting high earners off the bill who were sat around on the bench for 2 years, no direct income and huge losses across the board, with Ashton pocketing his load and not moving up the table. We have come a long way.

Instep Nige and Gould, after a slow start, an average season and still losing money, the club has been turned around. Fans now having something to shout about, excitement back around South Bristol with an exciting young team balanced with tough, experienced individual’s and the ability to turn down offers for our prized assets. The success of the youth system,an excellent scouting network recruiting players such as Alex Scott from an Isthmian League team, and turning them into million pound wonderkids. Introduction of Conway, development and maturity of Semenyo and the free signings of Wilson, Sykes and a top 6 teams player of the season, something to really shout about.

Fantastic facilities, the HPC regarded as a superb place for young talent to develop. A high quality stadium, in which many opposition fans praise. A place we should be proud to call home.

For the first time in years, I am proud to call myself a Bristol City fan. Exciting times are ahead of us, we have got to trust the process. 

Im proud of how Nige and his team, Gould and the board members, all the backroom staff have been able to fix a declining club in a tough economic world, hats off to the blokes.

Up the city.

Ian Gay wanted Pearson sacked four weeks ago!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

49 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Ian Gay wanted Pearson sacked four weeks ago!

It does make me chuckle how quickly some (Not Just Ian)  have changed their views 

That’s good , but such a swing about 3 weeks ? 

For the best part of 18 months , and as recently as mid August , he needs sacking ,......... then within 3 weeks , everything’s bloody wonderful !

?

A bad run in September and ...... ?

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

It does make me chuckle how quickly some (Not Just Ian)  have changed their views 

For the best part of 18 months , and as recently as mid August , he needs sacking ,......... then within 3 weeks , everything’s bloody wonderful !

?

It baffled me as to why people wanted Pearson out. 

We should have won against Hull.

Could have won against Sunderland.

Could/should have won against Wigan

Played well in all three of them but we did fade a little. In the Hull and the Wigan game we were on the end of some really poor decisions. 

Not quite sure how anyone looked at that and thought "we need to get rid of Pearson" 

Ever since Pearson returned from his time off last season the progress we have made has been clear. I think people expected giant leaps in progress but that was unrealistic. It was always going to be small steps. 

In my opinion there is no better manager out there for us right now with our current circumstances. Pearson spent very little when getting Leicester promoted. 

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

It baffled me as to why people wanted Pearson out. 

We should have won against Hull.

Could have won against Sunderland.

Could/should have won against Wigan

Played well in all three of them but we did fade a little. In the Hull and the Wigan game we were on the end of some really poor decisions. 

Not quite sure how anyone looked at that and thought "we need to get rid of Pearson" 

Ever since Pearson returned from his time off last season the progress we have made has been clear. I think people expected giant leaps in progress but that was unrealistic. It was always going to be small steps. 

In my opinion there is no better manager out there for us right now with our current circumstances. Pearson spent very little when getting Leicester promoted. 

Only they can answer that but it has appeared , since he came here that some / many have gauged our current situation by performance and result without actually grasping what a s**t show he (And Richard Gould) inherited 

besides the real financial crisis , players who hid at HPC to duck training , players who couldn’t be arsed , and zero squad team / culture.

i was really pleased with his appointment and my one reservation / worry was that his no nonsense , straight talking approach might be met with real resistance by ‘modern players’ and it would crash.

its a real testament to him that entering a crap ‘culture’ he’s managed to get rid of those not prepared to fall in , whilst keeping the majority of the players , at the very least ‘on board’

It’s  ironic that this ‘dinosaur’ has had not just an impact on international and ex Prem , Andi Weimann, But probably more so,  those who have the biggest difference in age , in Scott , Semenyo , Conway etc

I can understand people being dissapointed with performances , late goals and results , but I think many others understood,  as you highlighted , that it was small steps

Quote who they believed might come in and perform some sort of miracle , quicker and better , im not sure.

It would have been interesting  say halfway through last season , to see what age groups were behind and confident in Pearson at that time

My gut instinct was it would have been mainly the middle and older groups , rather than younger , (And I could get that a bit more ie frustration / discontent ) but I may be wrong 

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 7
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

29 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Only they can answer that but it has appeared , since he came here that some / many have gauged our current situation by performance and result without actually grasping what a s**t show he (And Richard Gould) inherited 

besides the real financial crisis , players who hid at HPC to duck training , players who couldn’t be arsed , and zero squad team / culture.

i was really pleased with his appointment and my one reservation / worry was that his no nonsense , straight talking approach might be met with real resistance by ‘modern players’ and it would crash.

its a real testament to him that entering a crap ‘culture’ he’s managed to get rid of those not prepared to fall in , whilst keeping the majority of the players , at the very least ‘on board’

It’s  ironic that this ‘dinosaur’ has had not just an impact on international and ex Prem , Andi Weimann, But probably more so,  those who have the biggest difference in age , in Scott , Semenyo , Conway etc

I can understand people being dissapointed with performances , late goals and results , but I think many others understood,  as you highlighted , that it was small steps

Quote who they believed might come in and perform some sort of miracle , quicker and better , im not sure.

It would have been interesting  say halfway through last season , to see what age groups were behind and confident in Pearson at that time

My gut instinct was it would have been mainly the middle and older groups , rather than younger , (And I could get that a bit more ie frustration / discontent ) but I may be wrong 

But surely you can at least understand why some people would want him out after going 17 home games without a win, I think that’s fair enough

Just now, harrys said:

But surely you can at least understand why some people would want him out after going 17 home games without a win, I think that’s fair enough

Depends on your understanding of what he was up against and your trust in him as a package , I suppose 

It wasn’t a ship that was going to be turned around quickly

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

?

I just struggle more with  “it’s alright to say sack Nige after 2 games, but have to wait until at least 11 games to see whether say we are doing okay / well”.  How does that logic work?  You can be critical after 2 games, but need more than 7 to be positive?  Hey-ho. ??‍♂️

19 minutes ago, harrys said:

Yes, but as I said last season, does it really matter too much where the wins / points come from, or who we get them against.  Our away results were decent , top half.  Again we had the kind of comments like “we are in trouble once our away form suffers”, when in fact our home form picked up.

Just bonkers.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I just struggle more with  “it’s alright to say sack Nige after 2 games, but have to wait until at least 11 games to see whether say we are doing okay / well”.  How does that logic work?  You can be critical after 2 games, but need more than 7 to be positive?  Hey-ho. ??‍♂️

Yes, but as I said last season, does it really matter too much where the wins / points come from, or who we get them against.  Our away results were decent , top half.  Again we had the kind of comments like “we are in trouble once our away form suffers”, when in fact our home form picked up.

Just bonkers.

Agreed , and agreed Dave

It didn’t help our illustrious ‘Football savvy’ Chairman making the comments he did either - if he doesn’t get it knowing the extent of the problems , I guess you can’t be surprised that some of our fan base didn’t ! ! ! 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Just bonkers.

It mattered to me because it was shit and frustrating to watch (as it had been a long time before he arrived) also the away games I watched were truly shocking (Forest, Coventry, Brum) anyway, looking forward to my first visit to Ewood  tomorrow 

3 hours ago, OliOTIB said:

To think of our situation now in comparison to this time 1/2 years ago, getting high earners off the bill who were sat around on the bench for 2 years, no direct income and huge losses across the board, with Ashton pocketing his load and not moving up the table. We have come a long way.

Instep Nige and Gould, after a slow start, an average season and still losing money, the club has been turned around. Fans now having something to shout about, excitement back around South Bristol with an exciting young team balanced with tough, experienced individual’s and the ability to turn down offers for our prized assets. The success of the youth system,an excellent scouting network recruiting players such as Alex Scott from an Isthmian League team, and turning them into million pound wonderkids. Introduction of Conway, development and maturity of Semenyo and the free signings of Wilson, Sykes and a top 6 teams player of the season, something to really shout about.

Fantastic facilities, the HPC regarded as a superb place for young talent to develop. A high quality stadium, in which many opposition fans praise. A place we should be proud to call home.

For the first time in years, I am proud to call myself a Bristol City fan. Exciting times are ahead of us, we have got to trust the process. 

Im proud of how Nige and his team, Gould and the board members, all the backroom staff have been able to fix a declining club in a tough economic world, hats off to the blokes.

Up the city.

Can I come out of my happy clapper closet, please?

13 minutes ago, harrys said:

It mattered to me because it was shit and frustrating to watch (as it had been a long time before he arrived) also the away games I watched were truly shocking (Forest, Coventry, Brum) anyway, looking forward to my first visit to Ewood  tomorrow 

Now, I can get my head around that, because you’ve given a bit more additional info re the performance versus your expectation of “action”.  And of course your opinion of “shit and frustrating” maybe different to mine, but I don’t mind that at all. ??????

But you can get your bottom dollar there are a group of fans who said “I don’t care too much about the result as long as the football is exciting” that are still moaning about early results even though the football was pretty good (or at least better).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OliOTIB said:

Up the city.

Agree with all this, yet it wasn’t long ago when people were saying Nige wasn’t the answer and we should get Shaun Dyche in. 

What they failed to see was the hard work being done and the progress being slowly made. 

PS. I even had someone today tell me how good the football was under Johnson, even leading up to his sacking?

Edited by swanker

59 minutes ago, harrys said:

Not when you see what he was left with after LJ some us know a good manager when we see one 

1 hour ago, Rossi the Robin said:

A couple of losses and will be back to when is Lansdown selling up again 

He could of appointed a real top manager years ago let’s not forget,he’s stumbled on a winner for once

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Now, I can get my head around that, because you’ve given a bit more additional info re the performance versus your expectation of “action”.  And of course your opinion of “shit and frustrating” maybe different to mine, but I don’t mind that at all. ??????

But you can get your bottom dollar there are a group of fans who said “I don’t care too much about the result as long as the football is exciting” that are still moaning about early results even though the football was pretty good (or at least better).

I’m definitely an entertainment over results guy which at long last we’re getting

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Not when you see what he was left with after LJ some us know a good manager when we see one 

He could of appointed a real top manager years ago let’s not forget,he’s stumbled on a winner for once

I agree, but wins and losses ultimately deem what is posted on here. It’s extremely bipolar