IGNORED

Nigel Pearson Post Match RB

Sheltons Army

15 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Ed Hadwin was the interviewer.

What was even more telling was Alex Scott's post match interview. He suggested that the players who stayed will be here to January. Obvious but has there been a gentleman's agreement?

If we're in this position in Jan would we let any of our prize assets leave?

31 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Serious question here.

I’ve got you as dark horses for the drop (sorry). The lack of major summer business, the exits (although keeping Tielemans was a bonus) and doubts over Rodgers ability to pull teams around (good on an upswing, not confident the other way round) all play to this.

With that in mind, I think there is a chance of a vacancy at Leicester shortly. If that was the case, would Pearson be a serious contender (he wouldn’t be at other prem clubs but the relationship is unique). And, most key for us, would he take it?

I don't think he's a serious contender, no. Clearly he's working with severe constraints and has helped shift the mentality in and around your club but it's 8 games of a Championship season, which isn't really going to get a club that still thinks it has ambitions of something much loftier to take note even with the past in mind. Misty-eyed fans will want Pearson back for nostalgia (and because almost anyone but Rodgers seems attractive rn) but I doubt the club would think like that. 

I think Rodgers gets longer than fans think he will and certainly hope he will (he's had too long as it is). The club has lost its way (I say this not as a proper itk but with greater inside insight of what's gone on than most fans), Rodgers bares the brunt of it but others should be taking on parts of that and given Nige was instrumental in setting up the good stuff in the first place, him coming back to knock some heads together would be great but as I say I'm sure that's not what the club is thinking.

That he came back to work at Leuven suggests he would take it, the only reason he wouldn't would have been because how it ended in 2015 (clearly that's fine now) or at Leuven (well he got far longer than he should have and he knows that). But then if he thinks he's on to a good thing and he's in a good place, why would he want to alter that?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ostrich said:

I don't think he's a serious contender, no. Clearly he's working with severe constraints and has helped shift the mentality in and around your club but it's 8 games of a Championship season, which isn't really going to get a club that still thinks it has ambitions of something much loftier to take note even with the past in mind. Misty-eyed fans will want Pearson back for nostalgia (and because almost anyone but Rodgers seems attractive rn) but I doubt the club would think like that. 

I think Rodgers gets longer than fans think he will and certainly hope he will (he's had too long as it is). The club has lost its way (I say this not as a proper itk but with greater inside insight of what's gone on than most fans), Rodgers bares the brunt of it but others should be taking on parts of that and given Nige was instrumental in setting up the good stuff in the first place, him coming back to knock some heads together would be great but as I say I'm sure that's not what the club is thinking.

That he came back to work at Leuven suggests he would take it, the only reason he wouldn't would have been because how it ended in 2015 (clearly that's fine now) or at Leuven (well he got far longer than he should have and he knows that). But then if he thinks he's on to a good thing and he's in a good place, why would he want to alter that?

I absolutely love Pearson , my sort of ‘boss’ , I can remember being delighted at his appointment , and surprised we got him to some degree

He was absolutely what we needed 

But looking at yourselves and the Premier League I’m not sure a return would ‘fit’ either

As we know he’s perfectly capable , but probably not what The Foxes need right now

Im not sure the media scrutiny of the Premier League would sit well these days for one thing !

Appreciate the Leicester fans who retain an interest in NP and as such us  , and their warm words about Pearson

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, Super said:

That is the question. Never mind what William Shakespeare said about to be or not to be etc!

What if we're neck and neck for automatic promotion, would the players want to leave when they can be part of something far bigger than just a transfer?

Never mind girl power. Player power could prove invaluable. Imagine RG, in January, approaching Alex Scott, Tommy Conway or Antoine Semenyo or all three and offering them each a £30m transfer to a top 6 Premier club. What if they turned round and said that they want to play for BCFC next season in the top flight?

Assuming that as the club are selling, each player traditionally would receive 10% of the transfer value. I said traditionally because no doubt  contracts in the Championship have been tailored to factor this. If not, each player would get £3million! A sizeable signing on fee would be in place if the transfer percentage was not forthcoming. 

Where would Player Power stand with such personal financial immediate gain?

The players could be loaned back until the end of the season so that we can get promoted. 

If I was one of the players involved, what a decision. Money and loan back? Stay? Go Now (original not Moody blues version)? Fortunately, I'm not one of the players!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Serious question here.

I’ve got you as dark horses for the drop (sorry). The lack of major summer business, the exits (although keeping Tielemans was a bonus) and doubts over Rodgers ability to pull teams around (good on an upswing, not confident the other way round) all play to this.

With that in mind, I think there is a chance of a vacancy at Leicester shortly. If that was the case, would Pearson be a serious contender (he wouldn’t be at other prem clubs but the relationship is unique). And, most key for us, would he take it?

I don't think he would be, I don't think he'd leave you for a start. You can tell he's building something there, it's so eerily similar to what he did here (twice).

If I'm honest I wouldn't want him to come back in case he couldn't turn it around. He's an absolute god and I want it to stay that way. Don't want him taking the blame for this wreck.

I'll continue to watch you with interest and wish you all the best.

It's great to see what he's doing with you and I hope you stick with him even if you don't make the play-offs this year.

There is no better manager for a long term strategy and you can guarantee your club will be in a much healthier position both on and off the pitch whenever he leaves.

Nige throws himself under the bus to protect his players and build the great spirit. 

Unfortunately our current manager is quite the opposite and will throw everyone else under to protect himself, the narcissistic ****.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5

• Admin
On 03/09/2022 at 18:48, eardun said:

Now listened to Scott’s interview but nothing to see here as I suspected. From 46 mins 20 seconds if anyone wants to listen.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0ct5jqh?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

Nothing to see here, he's repeating the interviewer's question of "January at least" imo.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, King Fox said:

I don't think he would be, I don't think he'd leave you for a start. You can tell he's building something there, it's so eerily similar to what he did here (twice).

If I'm honest I wouldn't want him to come back in case he couldn't turn it around. He's an absolute god and I want it to stay that way. Don't want him taking the blame for this wreck.

I'll continue to watch you with interest and wish you all the best.

It's great to see what he's doing with you and I hope you stick with him even if you don't make the play-offs this year.

There is no better manager for a long term strategy and you can guarantee your club will be in a much healthier position both on and off the pitch whenever he leaves.

Nige throws himself under the bus to protect his players and build the great spirit. 

Unfortunately our current manager is quite the opposite and will throw everyone else under to protect himself, the narcissistic ****.

This may be rather controversial but if Nige were to get us promoted or even lead us close to it then I would like to see him move upstairs at that point. 

I think he is an absolute diamond to have for our club and I believe he is also building something special here. 

I think he would make an absolute great mentor for someone who may be more tactically astute. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

On 03/09/2022 at 17:58, Norn Iron said:

Ed Hadwin was the interviewer.

What was even more telling was Alex Scott's post match interview. He suggested that the players who stayed will be here to January. Obvious but has there been a gentleman's agreement?

It felt to me that he just answered the question back to him without really thinking. The question was something like the players are here until January, at least.

I wouldn’t read too much into it to be honest, if we’re flying come January I can’t see players wanting to leave

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Super said:

With Semenyo & Scott, I'd say their next move has to be Prem. The thing is they couldn't be sure of regular games and if we were top 6 and going well ? You would think they would be looking to see the season out here.
I see HNM slightly differently. I imagine he expected a move or interest by now, or there has been and he is running his contract down.

20 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Money and loan back?

This could be the best option. Some of the rumoured interest has been with good sides, so again playing time may be limited. Loan back to see if we could make a push while getting money into the Club and the player getting the "big" move wages ? Could suit all parties.

So many things would have to align for us to be thinking like this come January . But it is great that we are even thinking like this considering what we have been watching over the last few years.

59 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

It felt to me that he just answered the question back to him without really thinking. The question was something like the players are here until January, at least.

I wouldn’t read too much into it to be honest, if we’re flying come January I can’t see players wanting to leave

I read (heard)his answer the same way as you….ie, the window is closed so the likes of Semenyo are here until January.  I thought he was just stating a fact, nothing more than that, no gentlemen’s agreement, no nothing, just a simple the players didn’t move and the window is closed until January.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I read (heard)his answer the same way as you….ie, the window is closed so the likes of Semenyo are here until January.  I thought he was just stating a fact, nothing more than that, no gentlemen’s agreement, no nothing, just a simple the players didn’t move and the window is closed until January.

I think most City read/heard them in exactly the same way Dave. Why some have to interpret any clubs comments in a negative or twisted manner is very disappointing.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

I remember when we used to do well under LJ he would start popping up as a guest / pundit on all sorts of TV shows - can’t see Nige doing that 

That and our esteemed ex-CEO would suddenly decide to be approachable and keen to talk to the media.

Again, can't see Richard Gould doing that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

That and our esteemed ex-CEO would suddenly decide to be approachable and keen to talk to the media.

Again, can't see Richard Gould doing that.

Before you diss him too much

Our ex-CEO is a ‘proper CEO’ mind

Got a number of Clubs promoted to the Prem , he told us he did

Proper CEO ??

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Haha 6

I think he was merely responding to the interviewers question and the comment of January was regarding some of the other players.

Whilst we think about the interest that Semenyo may attract, there's also the likes of HNM, NW and many others with contracts due to expire. We'll do well to get through January with the squad we've got.

That being said, if we're in the mix, we may get some new contracts signed. Or at least be in a position to demand respectable transfer fees with the prospect of promotion prize money within our reach, making value on the pitch greater than settling for cut price transfer fees.

I think if we're still in a good position to challenge come January; Scott, Semenyo and Weimann would want to help us try to see it through. 

Scott has already made it clear he'd rather be playing in the Championship than rotated in the prem, Weimann seems to have had other clubs in for him in the Summer but chose to stay with our project and Semenyo seems settled here too. The two youngsters will also know half a year makes little difference when they've got 14 more playing years in them.

One thing I hope this squad realise, if they did manage to fire us up this year, it would be so much more than just good for their career trajectory. They'd be legends in this City forever. There'd be songs sung about them for decades. It probably won't happen, but if it did, they'd be immortal. 

It sounds like Semenyo is the most likely to go. It appears Palace have a genuine interest in him and that it’s a move he would consider.

Reports suggest his fitness was the issue in the recent window. If he stays fit, gets a run out for Ghana and has good form for us, they could well be in for him in January.