IGNORED

Jason Euell

glynriley

Just now, Davefevs said:

I know I posted it after the Cardiff game…but if you go to AG next Saturday v PNE, take some time around 2:30pm to check out the drills he does with the 5 forwards (AS, TC, NW, AW and CM) in the practice net.  Very focussed, sharp stuff, combos.  I’d be amazed if his influence isn’t having some affect.

Haven’t seen this thanks . Wasn’t a bad striker himself 

• Like 1

• Admin

Much has been said about the "Management Team" (Nigel-Steve Walsh-Craig Shakespeare) at Leicester with many dreaming of Nigel re-uniting them here possibly but the stars have not aligned. Could we now have created a new Management Team that in future may hold a candle to that team at Leicester? We will know soon enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

Just now, Ian M said:

Much has been said about the "Management Team" (Nigel-Steve Walsh-Craig Shakespeare) at Leicester with many dreaming of Nigel re-uniting them here possibly but the stars have not aligned. Could we now have created a new Management Team that in future may hold a candle to that team at Leicester? We will know soon enough.

I just think that nige is far from the dinosaur some of our fans pigeon holed  him to be . He said when he came in. To play in the prem you need power & pace to survive . That’s what hes building . I also think he’s open to new ideas as well 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I just think that nige is far from the dinosaur some of our fans pigeon holed  him to be . He said when he came in. To play in the prem you need power & pace to survive . That’s what hes building . I also think he’s open to new ideas as well 

NP is the same age as me. I'm no dinosaur too. 

9 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

It’s what Warnock has always said and has made him so successful,another dinosaur of course according to some 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ian M said:

40AB262F-2754-4990-9BBA-9094BBDB160E.png.9e4156ed0cc3674f2c824dab1c86e643.png5000/1 next season?

Edited by chowie
  • Haha 1

I’m sure he has had an impact yet there were green shoots during the last half/third of the year. Pearson has been working on the club culture for sometime. There was talk years ago of “5 pillars” strategy from the previous bluffers - if anyone is putting the foundations in for success at this club it’s been Pearson. As many have said previously, we wasted about 3 years towards the end of LJ’s reign and the appointment of Holden. There no doubt will be losses on the bounce at some point but I remain comfortable that the culture and character  that has been improved will see us out of it and bounce back quickly. 

Worth watching the Arsenal documentary. Arteta had/has a clear vision around the non negotiables and  culture. I believe our situation is very similar. Patience was so important. 

Edited by Engvall’s Splinter
  • Like 1

He seems a smart arrival, as @Olé says he was rated highly at Charlton & many were disappointed that he left.

I like the fact that we have a good balance in our coaching staff, Fleming was a tough defender who played at a high level & as has been pointed out, Euell had a very good career as a striker at the top level.

Final thing is Pearson appears completely comfortable to delegate (not abdicate) responsibility, that is both a sign of his confidence in his coaches & how he manages, there is a lot of talk from him about collective effort, which this very clearly demonstrates.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I know I posted it after the Cardiff game…but if you go to AG next Saturday v PNE, take some time around 2:30pm to check out the drills he does with the 5 forwards (AS, TC, NW, AW and CM) in the practice net.  Very focussed, sharp stuff, combos.  I’d be amazed if his influence isn’t having some affect.

I was watching yesterday and more shots were going in and on target than I noticed last season ( particularly Antoine...nearly snapped the bar with one effort). They all looked really focused.

8 hours ago, Ian M said:

Plus Dave Rennie.

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

3 hours ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

I’m sure he has had an impact yet there were green shoots during the last half/third of the year. Pearson has been working on the club culture for sometime. There was talk years ago of “5 pillars” strategy from the previous bluffers - if anyone is putting the foundations in for success at this club it’s been Pearson. As many have said previously, we wasted about 3 years towards the end of LJ’s reign and the appointment of Holden. There no doubt will be losses on the bounce at some point but I remain comfortable that the culture and character  that has been improved will see us out of it and bounce back quickly. 

Worth watching the Arsenal documentary. Arteta had/has a clear vision around the non negotiables and  culture. I believe our situation is very similar. Patience was so important. 

There was much derision on here about the 5 pillars, somewhat unfairly IMO. One of those related to the pathway from academy to 1st team. NP has inherited this and benefitting from it.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

It’s what Warnock has always said and has made him so successful,another dinosaur of course according to some 

10 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Power, pace - but add precision and partnerships. 

Many of the attributes of a successful rugby team apply to football as well. When Bristol were first promoted to the Rugby Premiership they were totally unprepared. Having watched Exeter during that period they were playing a high energy/tempo, precision, power-game on a different level to what Bristol were playing. Top-level Rugby had evolved and advanced light years beyond where we were then at. We re-grouped after relegation, embraced the new principles, and became competitive. 

Fortunately, in football we haven’t had to suffer relegation. The strategy we had - if we can  call it that - had become tired and out-dated. The Club had become a dinosaur-like, particularly at the showcase first team squad level.

However, we are now building a team that can compete in the Championship based on the new philosophy of successful teams adopting the four ‘p’ principles. Bravo Pearson and crew. 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Dinosaur. :laugh:!

It’s very typical for some of the sad sacks here to throw out terms in order to somehow emphasize there dislike.

If this form continues the Brontosaurus will have unpicked the mess left by the modernist!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Spot on Fevs mate and the OP. I don’t think it’s a coincidence we have improved up front significantly since he joined.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, One Team said:

Spot on Fevs mate and the OP. I don’t think it’s a coincidence we have improved up front significantly since he joined.

I think you could perm any of the 5 currently.  All of them will have a part to play…long old season, hopefully a few more cup games too.

13 hours ago, DingleRed said:

There was much derision on here about the 5 pillars, somewhat unfairly IMO. One of those related to the pathway from academy to 1st team. NP has inherited this and benefitting from it.

I agree with that. I think what’s also happening is Pearson is able to get more out of the players. Scott n ConwAy have clearly benefitted, but Semenyo is so much more comfortable around goal now.