IGNORED

VAR in the Premier League yesterday

And Its Smith

5 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

The Championship is better for not having VAR…we know a goal is a goal and can celebrate accordingly. 

This is what puts me off VAR too. Celebrating a goal wouldn’t be the same when you know that you’ve got to wait for it to be checked on video. 

Just now, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Totally agree. Four and a half minutes to reach a, disgraceful decision. VAR and especially the utter plonkers who administrate it are killing football. 

Screams to me the officials didn't have a clue what to do but just thought well we'll rule it out anyway.

How can you rule out a goal like that, it's criminal and ruining football games

5 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Not VAR , Goal line technology 

The West Ham disallowed goal yesterday was absolutely laughable 

I don’t think VAR (technology) is the problem , it’s some of those making decisions 

Peak day yesterday. I thought the Newcastle one was as bad. If it was not a goal, it had to be a penalty. How it is being used is laughable.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, phantom said:

I was at the Villa vs Manchester City game yesterday, shocker from the linesman flagging Coutinho offside when he wasn't. 

Rather than see the attack through the lino flagged and the ref blew the whistle just before the shot was hit. 

OK it went in, but we'll never know if he would have scored if the officials hadn't made such a balls up

Yeah that's bad refereeing isn't it?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

They do check every goal, I think. That looked a foul to me, so correct decision in the end but it’s all too clinical. I thought the intent was to overrule the howlers, not every minor infraction

Maybe, tight call but its so infuriating. They want more physical contact but only obviously by/against certain players and teams. VAR should be abolished but as it won't be it should only be used to look at clear and obvious mistakes and in real time, no slow motion. 

3 hours ago, Denbury Red said:

It’s the mentality of the person - they are trying to find a reason NOT to give the goal - rather than a reason to GIVE the goal.

Its a contact sport and the protection keepers get, and have got for some years now, needs to stop - if they jump with their hands up high to catch a ball no one can get near them - but if they are not in the right position then they need to take the rough with the smooth!

Why?

If a player is not in a playable distance of the ball they should not challenge for it. 

17 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Why?

If a player is not in a playable distance of the ball they should not challenge for it. 

You missed my point or I wasn’t clear enough!

What I mean is if the keeper is in the ‘right’ position he will win the ball every time - and if he’s fouled he deserves a free kick.

If he’s not in the right position and when he jumps he can’t reach the ball - then both he and the attacker should be able to jump together without the ref blowing up for a foul every time and protecting the keeper more than protecting the attacker.

The keeper always seems to get the free kick!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

You missed my point or I wasn’t clear enough!

What I mean is if the keeper is in the ‘right’ position he will win the ball every time - and if he’s fouled he deserves a free kick.

If he’s not in the right position and when he jumps he can’t reach the ball - then both he and the attacker should be able to jump together without the ref blowing up for a foul every time and protecting the keeper more than protecting the attacker.

The keeper always seems to get the free kick!

The keeper has to be protected more. A keeper raising their arms is at more risk and more prone to injury hence why the keeper has more protection.

The jump together is less relevant than hand v feet position. Players jump with keepers when they have no opportunity to get their head in playable distance of the ball, that is a foul. Challenging the keeper for a ball a player cannot get in playable distance of is careless/reckless play.

5 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

The keeper has to be protected more. A keeper raising their arms is at more risk and more prone to injury hence why the keeper has more protection.

The jump together is less relevant than hand v feet position. Players jump with keepers when they have no opportunity to get their head in playable distance of the ball, that is a foul. Challenging the keeper for a ball a player cannot get in playable distance of is careless/reckless play.

Did you used to be a keeper?

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Anyone just see United s third goal

Am I going crackers but is Rashford not offside when the balls played to Eriksen ?

He looks at least a yard off , but VAR , or the Lino don’t seem to have noticed that 

Var decisions against man utd don't exist 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Am I going crackers but is Rashford not offside when the balls played to Eriksen ?

He looks at least a yard off , but VAR , or the Lino don’t seem to have noticed that 

I’m not sure you understand the modern offside law. The ball was played to Eriksen, not Rashford. That’s the point. Rashford makes sure he’s onside when Eriksen plays it to him.

42 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Tierney must have watched the replay 10-12 times before making a decision. Clear and obvious should be instant. Let them see it twice from two angles only and then make a call. 

Sorry but putting a time limit, or watching a small amount of possible replays, will only make for more VAR errors. 

One of the reasons they got the decision wrong in the Newcastle v Palace match was because the ref was not given the best angle of the incident to look at, on the pitch-side monitor, by VAR. Also the VAR was the more experienced of the two, so doubt the on field ref wanted to overrule him (based on the pictures he was given to look at).

8 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Correctly not flagged  as per updated offside rule a few seasons ago but the law is an ass

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

So Rashford isn’t interfering with play or active where he was ?

Not interfering in that phase of play 

2 minutes ago, Tangle Foot said:

Sorry but putting a time limit, or watching a small amount of possible replays, will only make for more VAR errors. 

One of the reasons they got the decision wrong in the Newcastle v Palace match was because the ref was not given the best angle of the incident to look at, on the pitch-side monitor, by VAR. Also the VAR was the more experienced of the two, so doubt the on field ref wanted to overrule him (based on the pictures he was given to look at).

Irrelevant. The on field match official is the final arbiter not some numpty sat in a room watching a monitor hundreds of miles away. Today's officials in the Premier league and throughout the EFL not only lack the courage of their own convictions but are worst in decades. Whoever is training and guiding today's referees is doing a p**s poor job.