IGNORED

Kasey Palmer

Mike Stone

• Admin
1 hour ago, Rebounder said:

Dele Ali has had a good first half to his career and reach heights that Palmer could only dream of so far. 

Was a strange signing for Coventry really. I could see why we signed him at the time, but not for the money that was paid and given to him.

Hence the reason I said LOWER league version 

Both have talent at their level, but don't deliver to the standard they should 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

@Mr Popodopolousmight Cov be a club that work on the £5m lower limits because owner not going to underwrite £13m????

That's a good point Dave, maybe they are- I've never had them down as in FFP trouble though but will have a read of the thread now.

Have a feeling having read a little that it's referring to solvency, cash flow whatever- maybe SISU aren't so willing to fund.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

Dele plays one role. A false 10. He needs two other midfielders to carry him. Now sure, he has an attitude problem, but his inability to play as a 8 has really done him in. 

I think the Premier League style of play has simply changed and the style Ali plays is not suited.

I think questions over attitude are over blown and the Premier League quality and style is so much quicker and every team has to press defend from the from that was never Ali’s game…?‍♂️I think in a different league we will see his quality more simply not suited to the top level in England 

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That's a good point Dave, maybe they are- I've never had them down as in FFP trouble though but will have a read of the thread now.

Have a feeling having read a little that it's referring to solvency, cash flow whatever- maybe SISU aren't so willing to fund.

You have to remember SISU are a hedge fund I believe? From my little understanding, they charge coventry a management/admin fee for them running the club that they own. Bizarre. 

7 hours ago, harrys said:

The point was that Coventry might think they made a mistake by signing him but at least it wouldn’t be a costly mistake seeing as they paid nowt for him whereas we paid x amount of millions, thought that was obvious to be honest 

They actually surprisingly paid us a fee for him. Although it was probably very modest but they did pay a fee. 

I think the £19k pw at Chelski is accurate (as it was made public), I think he was on slightly less here (but not much less) and will I am sure had a tidy signing on fee as well. So he is set for life if he manages his money carefully.

I for one don't think he has ever conned anyone, I think he tried his best here, its just his style of football and the type of player he is needs to be in a very dominate top team (like a Norwich in the Championship). If he is needed to "put a shift in" and do everything then you have problems.

13 minutes ago, brady bunch said:

I for one don't think he has ever conned anyone, I think he tried his best here, its just his style of football and the type of player he is needs to be in a very dominate top team (like a Norwich in the Championship). If he is needed to "put a shift in" and do everything then you have problems.

There is no English league where you don;t have to put a shift in. That's the minimum requirement, and also he isnt getting anywhere near the Norwich team. Not even on the bus.

• Admin
18 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

Dele plays one role. A false 10. He needs two other midfielders to carry him. Now sure, he has an attitude problem, but his inability to play as a 8 has really done him in. 

It wasn't a literal comparison, more as a problem is neither player has the mental ability to play to their potential

The only time he really looked good, or influential is a better word was when we had the combination of him behind Weimann and Afobe.

When Afobe got injured, that went down the pan. Made Weimann less effective too probably. However Palmer- Weimann and Afobe...when fit, good combination but needed at that time that combination specifically to click.

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

There is no English league where you don;t have to put a shift in. That's the minimum requirement, and also he isnt getting anywhere near the Norwich team. Not even on the bus.

Agreed. I actually think with the way the game is developing in this country mainly thanks to Pep Klopp etc and as it seems to be filtering down the divisions, over the next decade or so your ‘’luxury’’ type of players (Palmer and Tomlin the first two that spring to mind) will become more of a rarity especially in the top two divisions.

Regardless of talent players in the modern game are now all being expected to put a shift in over 90 mins and to be able to press and cover their fair share of KM’s.

Managers and fans just won’t put up with players like Palmer who think they can just jog about and add a maverick touch every now and then and think that will be enough. 

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I know nothing about hamstrings, apart from they can hurt. 
Is it unusual for treatment to be injections ? My mind goes back to the olden days when injections were every day, then long term problems. I'm guessing things are different now.  

8 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I know nothing about hamstrings, apart from they can hurt. 
Is it unusual for treatment to be injections ? My mind goes back to the olden days when injections were every day, then long term problems. I'm guessing things are different now.  

Mrs tore hers about 3 weeks ago, horrible injury. Obviously she's not an elite athlete so it was just a few days resting then trying to keep moving as much as possible but rest again if you tire.

They said 12 weeks before she could seriously use it again. Should of seen the bruising, looked like a politcal map of Africa!

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Mrs tore hers about 3 weeks ago, horrible injury. Obviously she's not an elite athlete so it was just a few days resting then trying to keep moving as much as possible but rest again if you tire.

They said 12 weeks before she could seriously use it again. Should have seen the bruising, looked like a politcal map of Africa!

Yep, bruising is a good sign you’ve really knackered it!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gazred said:

They said 12 weeks before she could seriously use it again. Should of seen the bruising, looked like a politcal map of Africa!

Muscle tears are horrible , I did my calf while walking home last year, I couldn't walk at all for a couple of days. 
I was interested to see Palmer was having injections and didn't need surgery . Just been looking and certain problems are treated with Steroids . Well it looks like a corticosteroid, and it's cortisone that I thought could cause long term problems. I guess that's changed now.

• Like 1