IGNORED

Clare Grogan

Davefevs

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

They must have altered images on their website!

One and the same. Her partner / husband is Steve Lironi. She went into the restaurant business but has just finished a new album with the 'old band'

Edited by Sir Geoff
edit text
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

@Davefevs I must admit it went over my head. 

Clare Grogan was the singer in a band called Altered Images.  They had a song called “Happy Birthday” amongst others.  She was pretty hot too.

She appeared in the film “Gregory’s Girl”, which was a teenage film with a loose story line about a girl who played in the football team, who Gregory (the main character) fancied big time.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Clare Grogan was the singer in a band called Altered Images.  They had a song called “Happy Birthday” amongst others.  She was pretty hot too.

She appeared in the film “Gregory’s Girl”, which was a teenage film with a loose story line about a girl who played in the football team, who Gregory (the main character) fancied big time.

Spoil sort, now EVERYONE knows and we can't feel superior (and old )!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

She also played Kristine Kochanski in Red Dwarf.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

One of the best British movies of that period. Bill Forsyth = Genius. I still think of some of those situations and lines from that film. I loved the kid wandering the school corridors in a penguin costume for which there was never an explanation.... "Hey Youse! Room 9!"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clevedon Red said:

Pretty hot??? She was smokin hot…..drop dead gorgeous…I slept with her many times……in my dreams ?

I think Dave just toned down the language so as not to offend my young mind.

I have actually seen Gregory's Girl many years ago. Can't say I've heard of Altered Images though.

Anyway seems like the plans are going to go through. Honestly I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. I think that it's a good thing for the Club to have the Flyers next door, and for the AG general site to be expanded. But then there's a part of me that kind of likes that the stadium is surrounded by houses and park on three sides, and some light industry on the other. I also do have sympathy with local residents and their fears around parking and generally how busy the area might be. I suspect that's me being sentimental (although I'm far too young to be sentimental as demonstrated by my not knowing who Ms Grogan is).