IGNORED

2003-04

22A

Found this by chance on Youtube. A few more City clips on the side.

I remember one Tuesday night City had won 2-1 at Grimsby, hearing Plymouth had lost 3-0 at Tranmere and we all thought We are going up!

That season is summed up by one of the accompanying comments to this clip;

"Eleven in a row and still didnt go up.....that was the most heartbreaking season ever".

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

There are some cracking videos up on youtube from that era. I wish the club would put more up more from 90s-00s (or earlier!) when they put up footage of a so called "classic match" on twitter/robins tv - much more interesting that what they usually put up. I guess in fairness we don't play Oldham, Chesterfield and Port Vale very often anymore.

Was looking through some highlights from 2000-2002 the other day - had forgotten what a player Tinnion was. The range of passing, quick vision, the weight of the ball, absolute quality. 

• Like 1

Remember on the day of the Brighton final game feeling confident that we were going to get promoted, whoops. ? Also felt confident after the QPR and Plymouth wins, and after the 11 game winning run. Was shocked to see such a terrible game and then getting beat with a late penalty. A season with some massive games and great moments but a brutal ending.

Edited by Baba Yaga

10 hours ago, AG City said:

Like David Kelly was our nemesis in the late 80s, Steve Howard at Luton took that mantle in the early 00’s

Howard was an absolute handful, strong as an ox. At that time during 90s and 00s our defenders could never handle big strong men up front

• Like 1

On 08/09/2022 at 21:38, Baba Yaga said:

Remember on the day of the Brighton final game feeling confident that we were going to get promoted, whoops. ? Also felt confident after the QPR and Plymouth wins, and after the 11 game winning run. Was shocked to see such a terrible game and then getting beat with a late penalty. A season with some massive games and great moments but a brutal ending.

As soon as we saw Lita not involved myself and the minibus of supporters I'd gone up with, knew what would happen.

Had a good sup in Cardiff mind. 

9 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

What a waste that season was. We had all the talent in the world, but no backbone.

10 hours ago, Offside said:

And that result gave Brighton the knowledge and confidence that they could nullify us, which they went on to do in that horrendous play off final. 

10 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

As soon as we saw Lita not involved myself and the minibus of supporters I'd gone up with, knew what would happen.

Had a good sup in Cardiff mind. 

Just remember failure isn't failure is can sometimes be success. Or whatever he said to boil the piss of the board. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

Just remember failure isn't failure is can sometimes be success. Or whatever he said to boil the piss of the board. 

He said losing the final “wasn’t a failure”. Despite our performance being a cure for insomnia & on a par with anything Pulis served up.

Bit like bottling the playoffs against Cardiff the year before.

Having a £1m striker to pair with one he paid £600k for (in third tier football), boring us all rigid in 03/04 with just 59 goals scored in 46 games (champions Plymouth only scored 7 fewer than this at home).

The bloke was a serial failure over 4 pointless seasons who presided over a totally unprofessional, spineless group of pissheads, but we scored more than anyone else in 02/03 (when we failed to go up again).

Myth.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

• Admin
On 08/09/2022 at 15:53, Taunton_BCFC said:

I was right behind the goal that day! Still haunts me!! God knows how he missed!!

That moment was surreal it honestly felt like time stopped 

To this day I have no idea how he missed 

The scariest thing is that season doesn't feel like it was that long ago 

• Like 1

• Admin
54 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Was this season when Aaron Brown broke his leg? Such an underrated player with a lot of the crowd, but we looked completely unbalanced without him at the end of that season.

I honestly can't remember him breaking his leg with us. 

I can remember him and Clayton Fortune were in that car accident in March 2002 and that seemed to change his game 

The only time I can remember him breaking a leg was with QPR when he was out for over a year 

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Was this season when Aaron Brown broke his leg? Such an underrated player with a lot of the crowd, but we looked completely unbalanced without him at the end of that season.

Edited by GrahamC
Error

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I can remember him and Clayton Fortune were in that car accident in March 2002 and that seemed to change his game 

The only time I can remember him breaking a leg was with QPR when he was out for over a year 

Maybe it wasn't a break, but he got stretchered off and it finished his season. I remember posting here under my old username how shocked I was by a small minority of our fans cheering when he went off. Disgusting behaviour.

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Wasn't that Kevin Amankwah? 

Edited by RedHienz