IGNORED

Away Fans-Atyeo-Why?

CTRed

On 09/08/2022 at 18:51, Sheltons Army said:

It’s quite simple 

Supporters

Too many , a ridiculous amount , don’t utter a sound all game

We've been through all this before and was excellently summed up as above....

(Credit to Sheltons Army)

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

That match was an exception. Full stadium, live on TV. Very different scenario from a Championship game

Not really it shows acoustics isn't a problem at ashton gate, and it's simply that us fans don't make enough atmosphere, mainly due to the dross we've been served up for a large number of years,

As the home record and performances improve so will the atmosphere 

• Like 1

Just now, Monkeh said:

Not really it shows acoustics isn't a problem at ashton gate, and it's simply that us fans don't make enough atmosphere, mainly due to the dross we've been served up for a large number of years,

I partially agree with this post, but at the same time no new or redeceloped stand- or even the Atyeo- has as good acoustics as the East End did, seems a bit reductive to dismiss this aspect entirely IMO. Results and performances habe been good but 1st half v Huddersfield was pretty flat I thought atmosphere wise.

• Like 1

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

I partially agree with this post, but at the same time no new or redeceloped stand- or even the Atyeo- has as good acoustics as the East End did, seems a bit reductive to dismiss this aspect entirely IMO. Results and performances habe been good but 1st half v Huddersfield was pretty flat I thought atmosphere wise.

That's because of the tin roof, Remember the noice when it was passing down in there?

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I certainly agree with those highlighted sentences. However you’re way off with the first sentence.

31 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

That's because of the tin roof, Remember the noice when it was passing down in there?

I remember. Went in there once with overspill tickets (rest of the ground was sold out). Was great- wish I'd got a season ticket there at some stage.

However it was the best acoustics in the ground for the reason you state.

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

That match was an exception. Full stadium, live on TV. Very different scenario from a Championship game

It’s not an exception, the acoustics are the acoustics, if people sing then the atmosphere is great, as it was that night, if people don’t sing then it’s not.  As others have said, people moaned about the Atyeo acoustics when it was first built, now it’s revered as some sort of acoustic masterpiece!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Monkeh said:

100% my point, if acoustics are bad then it wouldn’t matter how many people were in the ground, who the opposition was, whether it was on Sky etc etc etc you can’t pick or choose when the acoustics are bad.  The truth is, since the ground has been renovated we’ve not had much to cheer, that’s changing now and I bet with bigger crowds, better football, more to play for, the atmosphere will be great

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

7 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

As others have said, people moaned about the Atyeo acoustics when it was first built

They aren't great. How sound travels, how you hear noise or otherwise from there is somewhat dependent on where you are in the ground.

7 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

now it’s revered as some sort of acoustic masterpiece!

It really isn't- or shouldn't be if it is!

How sound travels plays a role although if things go well on the pitch things could improve although it's not always the case.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That's a myth. The East End had good acoustics if you were in the East End. I think sound travels better around the new development. No doubt dozens will disagree with me, but I refuse to hear them.

1 hour ago, CiderJar said:

That's a myth. The East End had good acoustics if you were in the East End. I think sound travels better around the new development. No doubt dozens will disagree with me, but I refuse to hear them.

to be honest, I thought similar! I remember all the people waxing lyrical about just how good the acoustics were in the East End - and indeed remembered some times I was in there when much younger that it felt absolutely deafening in there. But from my seat in the middle of the Dolman at the time the stand was reopened for home fans, I heard the away fans more as often as not

2 hours ago, CiderJar said:

Seem to recall hearing them from the Atyeo periodically, East End that is.

The 3 home stands being joined up could help I guess but I'm unconvinced about modern stadium designs and good acoustics.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They aren't great. How sound travels, how you hear noise or otherwise from there is somewhat dependent on where you are in the ground.

It really isn't- or shouldn't be if it is!

How sound travels plays a role although if things go well on the pitch things could improve although it's not always the case.

I was referring to other comments in this thread when I said there were no issues with acoustics the night of the Man Utd game

11 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

The truth is, since the ground has been renovated we’ve not had much to cheer, that’s changing now and I bet with bigger crowds, better football, more to play for, the atmosphere will be great

Under both Johnson’s there wasn’t any exciting football to cheer and Junior in particular complained about the lack of atmosphere inside AG - never considering that there was nothing on the pitch to get excited about.

51 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Under both Johnson’s there wasn’t any exciting football to cheer and Junior in particular complained about the lack of atmosphere inside AG - never considering that there was nothing on the pitch to get excited about.

You think you’re right, I think I’m right, let’s leave it at that

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Funny, because that was when the atmosphere was at its best, under Gary, the east end reopened after much campaigning,

We actually won at home most of the time,

But of course you know this, and are using this as another pathetic attempt to bash Gary because he embarrassed you so badly

let it go GIF

40 minutes ago, Robbored said:

What!? AG was like a library….

No. It wasn't. The atmosphere at the end of that near-promotion season was great, even the Preston game before the play-offs. The EE kept being opened to accommodate crowds if I remember rightly, it was all decent. To try to attribute any atmosphere or lack of to the manager at that time is absolutely ridiculous.

For the love of god how on earth have you managed to steer a conversation from away fan segregation to GJ-bashing. Have a day off.

Edited by nebristolred

11 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Seem to recall hearing them from the Atyeo periodically, East End that is.

The 3 home stands being joined up could help I guess but I'm unconvinced about modern stadium designs and good acoustics.

Modern stadium design cuts down on reverberation time levels. This is because of sight lines, the c diff in techy speak of the roof which will be of an optimal angle for viewing, but means sound dissipates(quietens) quicker. 

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, nebristolred said:

No. It wasn't. The atmosphere at the end of that near-promotion season was great, even the Preston game before the play-offs. The EE kept being opened to accommodate crowds if I remember rightly, it was all decent. To try to attribute any atmosphere or lack of to the manager at that time is absolutely ridiculous.

For the love of god how on earth have you managed to steer a conversation from away fan segregation to GJ-bashing. Have a day off.

Stoke at home when we won 1-0 was a tremendous atmosphere, the ground was rocking that day.

• Like 1