IGNORED

NFL season 2022

Erithacus

21 hours ago, BS3_RED said:

I'm heading over to Green bay on Friday for a week, two games which on current form we will loose. Oh well, any chance to watch the Packers in GB is worth it. 

Take care, I have been in American during an election period and it can feel very strange, passions run high.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Take care, I have been in American during an election period and it can feel very strange, passions run high.

I was just thinking that this morning. I should be okay as most people in Green bay just party.

• Like 1

Insane! Unreal catches by receivers with just the one hand and defenders hanging all over them. And the rollercoaster that only the NFL can create, unpredictable, scandalous athleticism and unthinkable twists during regular and overtime.

Some people ask me why I like American Football so much. Those who understand need no explanation; those who need an explanation will never understand.

???

Former Steelers RB Franco Harris passed away yesterday.

I got lucky at SB40 I was sat in a block full of Steelers fans, and the blocks around us were Steelers fans as well, pre game every SB MVP was introduced, when he came out the our block and the blocks around us went mental, never seen or heard anything like it anywhere.

That play ?

• Sad 1

The NFL is a law unto itself when it comes to weather getting in the way of a game. They tend to simply wait until the field is cleared and the stadium open again - whenever that happens. Even if it's the small hours.

Still, it brings home the flavour of play-off football into sharp focus.

It seems to be an NFL tradition, although it's also prominent with the NBA too. America is a very diverse lot, with the approach to Christmas equally so, and there is a game or two played on Thanksgiving Day for example. Unusually, a lot of games are taking place on Christmas Eve this season - save a few on the day itself.

Still, it beats watching some dreary old film on the other channels.   ????

11 hours ago, Erithacus said:

It seems to be an NFL tradition, although it's also prominent with the NBA too. America is a very diverse lot, with the approach to Christmas equally so, and there is a game or two played on Thanksgiving Day for example. Unusually, a lot of games are taking place on Christmas Eve this season - save a few on the day itself.

Still, it beats watching some dreary old film on the other channels.   ????

3 games on Thanksgiving now, it was 2, it was always the Cowboys and Lions playing at home, I've done a few Thanksgiving games in Detroit in the old Silverdome, my first sticks out as I ended up in a box which was next to the Ford family's box.

20 hours ago, Erithacus said:

The NFL is a law unto itself when it comes to weather getting in the way of a game. They tend to simply wait until the field is cleared and the stadium open again - whenever that happens. Even if it's the small hours.

Still, it brings home the flavour of play-off football into sharp focus.

Remember the Fog Bowl??

I remember watching it, how that carried on is anyones guess

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fog_Bowl_(American_football)

The Fog Bowl

Video

I thought that was two teams equally as poor as the other. If either get into the playoffs they won't last a week on that showing.

Meanwhile the Broncos are being humbled, despite having a top rated D. Some internal disagreements on that bench today. Teams are getting Xs and Ys on the standings, but others are just X-rated.