IGNORED

Nige’s latest interview

Robbored

? ‘We’ll need to be at our best’ - Pearson | Bristol City (bcfc.co.uk)

Referring to Saturday's postponement.

"It would have been a fantastic opportunity for us to have continued our good form, and for our fans to have celebrated the life of our monarch." 

"I think it would have been brilliant to have had the national anthem ringing around Ashton Gate."

Edited by Curr Avon
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

? ‘We’ll need to be at our best’ - Pearson | Bristol City (bcfc.co.uk)

Referring to Saturday's postponement.

"It would have been a fantastic opportunity for us to have continued our good form, and for our fans to have celebrated the life of our monarch." 

"I think it would have been brilliant to have had the national anthem ringing around Ashton Gate."

I'm sure that would be the view of most if not all managers especially as DCMS said postponements were not necessary. I'm convinced the motive was distrust of fans, given the disdain we usually get from the football authorities.

It was clear to any sensible person (ie anybody other than the incompetents running the game) that postponements would be inevitable next weekend so they have created a further problem that was avoidable.

The Queen was 96 yet rather than having a contingency plan for the inevitable they hurriedly convened a meeting and equally inevitably got it wrong. The usual p1ss up and brewery combination then.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

On the OS but I can’t get the link to work……..…….:facepalm:

Anyone who doesn’t think that Nige is a proper manager - think again.

Experienced, skilled, knowledgeable…knows how to manage people, different types of people….and how to motivate / empower them to manage others and themselves.

Still some way to go, but he must be delighted at the culture he’s creating / created so far.

• Like 6
  • Robin 1

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Experienced, skilled, knowledgeable…knows how to manage people, different types of people….and how to motivate / empower them to manage others and themselves.

Still some way to go, but he must be delighted at the culture he’s creating / created so far.

I genuinely believe he will take us to the premier league. Probably not this season but it’s coming.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

21 minutes ago, HappyClapper said:

I genuinely believe he will take us to the premier league. Probably not this season but it’s coming.

I hope so.  Still have this sneaky feeling he will hand over the reins (reigns, rains - cover my arse for spelling police) to someone else and it will be them who actually gets us over the line.  If that does happen, I hope he’s still here in some capacity.

• Like 6
  • Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I hope so.  Still have this sneaky feeling he will hand over the reins (reigns, rains - cover my arse for spelling police) to someone else and it will be them who actually gets us over the line.  If that does happen, I hope he’s still here in some capacity.

I hope he identifies his own successor then because lansdown cannot be trusted with his track record of appointments 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Andy King

21 minutes ago, frenchred said:

I hope he identifies his own successor then because lansdown cannot be trusted with his track record of appointments 

⬇️⬇️⬇️

19 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Jason Euell.

One option

16 minutes ago, tin said:

Andy King

Another option

A good manager doesn’t fear his “assistants”, he grows them, nurtures them and uses them to cover his own gaps.  A good manager doesn’t appoint “yes men”.  I get the impression from Euell’s interviews and what Nige has said, he is very ambitious.  Others have said what a coup he was, and how foolish Charlton were.

Re King, still playing, so difficult to judge, but a “romantic City fan” option too.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

King Charles has taken over the reigns Dave. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Ranieri is known to appreciate taking over from him ?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HappyClapper said:

I'm sorry, but I can take the 72 hour pub crawl and the inevitable hangers on asking to be directed to the Lansdown Stand box seats.

But what about VAR?

It takes 10 minutes to celebrate a goal!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

A perfect description Dave. 

Nige really is a proper manager and my view on his way to becoming the best in the last 40 years. He’s already level with Danny Wilson in my managerial gauge and so far Nige hasn’t won anything either

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Hmmm 1

• Admin
45 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

I'm sorry, but I can take the 72 hour pub crawl and the inevitable hangers on asking to be directed to the Lansdown Stand box seats.

But what about VAR?

It takes 10 minutes to celebrate a goal!!!

With VAR we might actually get a penalty before the end of the decade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

One option

Another option

A good manager doesn’t fear his “assistants”, he grows them, nurtures them and uses them to cover his own gaps.  A good manager doesn’t appoint “yes men”.  I get the impression from Euell’s interviews and what Nige has said, he is very ambitious.  Others have said what a coup he was, and how foolish Charlton were.

Re King, still playing, so difficult to judge, but a “romantic City fan” option too.

Agree with all of that & obvious to say but when NP leaves us might be a factor in who is next.

From the outside I don’t get the impression Curtis Fleming is desperate to be a manager & at present Andy King (“player coach” or not) has no experience at all.

If it was to be an internal appointment Euell currently seems by far the most likely, but if we are talking a few years away Euell might have moved on to become a manager elsewhere by then & King could be a coach only, of course.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Agree with all of that & obvious to say but when NP leaves us might be a factor in who is next.

From the outside I don’t get the impression Curtis Fleming is desperate to be a manager & at present Andy King (“player coach” or not) has no experience at all.

If it was to be an internal appointment Euell currently seems by far the most likely, but if we are talking a few years away Euell might have moved on to become a manager elsewhere by then & King could be a coach only, of course.

City aren’t looking to replace Nige just yet Graham and when he eventually leaves City no doubt it’ll be on his own terms. Whoever takes over from him will have a tough act to follow.

• Like 1