IGNORED

NP post match.............weird !

slartibartfast

9 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

He was much more upbeat after losing than when we've won !   Good management IMHO .

( and Dependent on your view of Pearson’s credentials of course )...

Do you not think his absolutely noticeable upbeat in mood is a good sign Slart ? 

His voice , tone , mood have changed in last few weeks

He appears to be relaxed , focused , enjoying it ..and ...only my reading .... quietly confident that we are on a good trajectory

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 15
  • Flames 1

54 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Not surprising or weird I’d say.  Every game that goes by his belief in this group will be growing. Last night was a potential banana skin where players could have hidden at 2-0 away to a top team. They didn’t and so, despite the loss, he will be even more positive after the game than before it 

In the last few years they would have done more than hid away, they would have crumbled and we could have been on the end of a 5 or 6. After pretty much being down and out after the mistakes, the attitude, energy, belief and commitment shone through, and the performance after the mistakes was really exceptional imo. Also it was against a side who will probably be promoted this season, and on their own patch.

My worry now is the recovery for Saturday, and we may not see the same sort of levels. I am really hoping they can come close to repeating the energy levels of last night, but I am more fearful than last night.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

( and Dependent on your view of Pearson’s credentials of course )...

Do you not think his absolutely noticeable upbeat in mood is a good sign Slart ? 

His voice , tone , mood have changed in last few weeks

He appears to be relaxed , focused , enjoying it ..and ...only my reading .... quietly confident that we are on a good trajectory

Absolutely right. He looks like a man who sees the elements he has been trying to instill finally kick in to place.

Fine tuning needed of course, but that's the same with any club, but for the first time in a long time we look "a proposition". 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

He was much more upbeat after losing than when we've won !   Good management IMHO .

Nige is a proper manager and last nights post match comments reflect that perfectly. Only positive comments about how well City performed. No criticism of anything at all despite the loss - not many managers would have been so magnanimous in defeat. 

Nige has always been a leader. He was Captain of the Owls leading them to the League Cup (as was) win. The Foxes fans all love him as do the players that played under him - he’s an impressive guy and I’m delighted that he’s our manager.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 3

2 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

Why was it weird? I felt so upbeat last night that we are finally moving in the right direction. We completely dominated a team that has just been relegated from the Prem. If it wasn’t for 2 awful mistakes, I feel like we’d have won the game. 

Very exciting times ahead. 

I was thinking in general terms, most managers would be downbeat after a loss, and all smiles after a win !

• Like 1

For the first time in a long time I don't fear this team will fold, or fail to produce in games back to back. I'm convinced the players believe in the style of football they are playing and if they stick to their guns goals and wins will come. Although it may seem easier after your team has won it is still no small thing that Dean Smith was full of praise for our approach and play last night. I don't want to get carried away (and I know Nigel won't) but I'm feeling good about my prediction of a 10th place finish right now, and we might even improve on that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

He is well aware that we have the player quality and the beginnings of a side who will probably finish between sixth and twelfth. Not good enough for promotion but we'll score enough goals to keep us well away from the lower end.

I believe that he is well aware of his team's capabilities and defects in that should we creep into the play offs, it will help the experience of the squad for next season. I also think that he's very aware of our shortcomings that could destroy us if we did make it to the Prem this season. Wholesale changes in personnel in one summer is not a good way to stay up as team spirit could disappear.

We may have to sell one to balance the books and also to give him enough to recruit a couple or three that would be "Prem ready".

So a season now of ups and downs, winning unexpectedly and losing because of our own errors?