IGNORED

If the Leicester Job becomes available

Logical-City

Apologies in advance if this comes across as spreading negativity but I am a realist and this scenario troubles me considering how well we have been playing lately :

Brendan Rodger’s is a defeat away from the sack in my experience watching football the international break is on the horizon and it will be an opportunity for the Leicester board to get someone new in and plan for 2 weeks!

Assuming we win our next 2 games beating Burnley today we will very likely find ourselves in the top 2 with Pearson know doubt about to receive national attention after 10 games where we will be placed, he has saved Leicester before so is proven at the job they need to do and is loved by their fans also the same board is in charge !

So back to my point assuming this plays out i am certain he will have a choice to make and he has left Hull to rejoin Leicester before do you think our project is temping enough for him to stay ?

Or go to Leicester and take Scott and Semenyo off us in January? 

Again apologies for the negative spin but I see this happening!

Hopefully securing a legendary status in 2 City’s instead of one is more tempting 

Edited by Logical-City
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

Reappointing Pearson would just be a sentimental choice and therefore for the wrong reasons 

I suspect if they do replace their manager they’ll have loftier ambitions 

Immediately they need to stay up Vardy is their main man he likes Pearson they still talk , he was only sacked as his son was let go the board like him ?‍♂️It’s a very real possibility 

Hopefully you’re right though ? 

Edited by Logical-City

I think he would find Leicester far to stressful bearing in mind his age, state of health and home location and he knows it. However, a big 2 year contract before retiring might be tempting.

Personally, I don't think Leicester will want to go back. There were reasons why Leicester sacked him and I'm not sure that his personal issues have been resolved or that they will not continue to resurface from time to time.

I don't see that move happening but nothing in football surprises these days.

Feels unlikely though, Leicester arguably would be looking at a different tier of manager, perhaps experience of European competition in addition to a solid top division CV be it here or one if the top 5, maybe includes a few more divisions in Europe.

1 hour ago, Red Skin said:

NP strikes me as a man of integrity and I think he enjoys the process of building a club.  Despite his affection for Leicester I don't think he'd leave.  

Absolutely right.

Add to that the old adage of  “never go back”. Nige is held in high regard at Leicester and and to risk losing that respect is not something he’d want to lose.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I don't see that move happening but nothing in football surprises these days.

Feels unlikely though, Leicester arguably would be looking at a different tier of manager, perhaps experience of European competition in addition to a solid top division CV be it here or one if the top 5, maybe includes a few more divisions in Europe.

You are talking from a perspective of Leicester being an established Premiership club they are relegation candidates in need of an impact. 

Ive said it before, but timing is everything in football ( & life ) & I think Nige is enjoying his time here. I think we needed someone like Nige, but I also think we were what Nige was looking for. He originally said that City was a really interesting club ( or words to that affect). That’s why I think he, as much as us, originally wanted a short term contract to eye each other up. He knows this is as stable a club as he’ll probably find, a club that more than most will give him the time he would need to really build something. Hopefully navigating last season & this season financially will see us in a much healthier position next season. It feels to me that he has total control of the football operations, everyone seems to know their jobs in the club. He can also see the talent that is coming through & he is certainly giving the impression that he’s really enjoying moulding/guiding these young players. He gets the opportunity to really build something here & when his time comes ( as it will ), I get the impression he wants the next man to have an easier job than he did. So in short, no I don’t think Leicester would be tempting enough to leave us for & that is some statement! COYR 

• Like 4

Can we make this a pinned thread for every time someone in the Premier League or championship or wherever sacks their manager?  Allegedly the jobs at several such clubs are open now, or will be after those are filled.

Pearson is like any other manager - if the job (including pay) is right he will stay - if a better job (including pay) come along he will go.  Unless of course we sack him first.

Edited by Hxj

1 minute ago, Hxj said:

Can make this a pinned thread for every time someone in the Premier League or championship or wherever sacks their manager?  Allegedly the jobs at several such clubs are open now, or will be after those are filled.

Pearson is like any other manager - if the job (including pay) is right he will stay - if a better job (including pay) come along he will go. 

There was a regular running theme thread title wise a while back, of "Job for Cotts" in a similar vein before he found his current role at Shrewsbury.

16 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

Ive said it before, but timing is everything in football ( & life ) & I think Nige is enjoying his time here. I think we needed someone like Nige, but I also think we were what Nige was looking for. He originally said that City was a really interesting club ( or words to that affect). That’s why I think he, as much as us, originally wanted a short term contract to eye each other up. He knows this is as stable a club as he’ll probably find, a club that more than most will give him the time he would need to really build something. Hopefully navigating last season & this season financially will see us in a much healthier position next season. It feels to me that he has total control of the football operations, everyone seems to know their jobs in the club. He can also see the talent that is coming through & he is certainly giving the impression that he’s really enjoying moulding/guiding these young players. He gets the opportunity to really build something here & when his time comes ( as it will ), I get the impression he wants the next man to have an easier job than he did. So in short, no I don’t think Leicester would be tempting enough to leave us for & that is some statement! COYR 

When questioned on the City job in January 2016 he said Bristol is a big City, or words to that effect. 

I think he saw us as massive potential for him to be able to build the foundations he built at Leicester. I don't think he'd leave at this stage.

23 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Okay here's one that is slightly different. Again probably not but given the lack of European football and frankly they're a smaller club than Leicester...

Could we see Pearson at somewhere like Bournemouth? They are still managerless.

It’s not the same you do realise that Pearson managed Leicester don’t you…just checking 

I did list the reasons for the thought in the initial post …why would Bournemouth be interested that’s not the same

Edited by Logical-City