IGNORED

If the Leicester Job becomes available

Logical-City

Nigel has been through a lot of pain to get us where we are now. Why would he want to chuck all of that out of the window to start all over again at another club where the pressure for results is arguably more intense ? 
When you don’t have financial worries more money is not necessarily the prime motive for a lifestyle choice. 

10 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

It’s not the same you do realise that Pearson managed Leicester don’t you…just checking 

I did list the reasons for the thought in the initial post …why would Bournemouth be interested that’s not the same

Yes I can see a case for Leicester based on the history definitely, not that I see it as a great risk- happy to go back to the original post although I think he could tick a number of boxes for Bournemouth although Dyche appears to be favourite there.

As for your OP, unsure Leicester can spend big this season and to acquire Scott and Semenyo this January they certainly would need to!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

I'll say it now, and it may get laughed at, but I am pretty sure it will happen.

Rodgers will get until the World Cup. But after the World Cup, Southgate will leave England and whilst he has done nothing at Club level he'll be an appointment Leicester would look to make. Leicester don't strike me as the types to accept relegation battles and wouldn't panic in the big Sam, Sean Dyche set up. They will want a young hungry progressive manager and I firmly believe the only reason they haven't sacked Rodgers already is because they know Southgate will be available after the World Cup and he would be a good long term appointment for them, and would help them keep hold of the likes of Barnes and Maddison in January.

11 minutes ago, Pezo said:

This subject comes up pretty much every time we're near the top 6 and a lower prem team sacks there manager. When was the last time it actually happened to us? When was the last time it happened to any club like ours?

Yes, but we haven't had a manager before like Pearson who has an immeasurably higher standing in the game than LJ, and is particularly well thought of at Leicester.

No PL club was ever going to 'poach' LJ, most of us knew that.

Leicester would certainly at least consider Nige in the scenario put forward by the OP, and he'd be a popular appointment with their fans.

However, as others have said he's happy here, he's been through the worst of the clear out, and his team are starting to really make the Championship sit up and take notice.

I'm convinced he's getting real job satisfaction by the progress we're all seeing at AG, will see the City job through, and that this will be his last management job.

I hope so anyway.

• Like 4

Nobody going to comment on the suggestion in the OP that we may soon be sitting second in the table? 

Seems a bit optimistic. More surprising though, is the fact that it hasn't been shot down immediately. Think there may be a bit of over-confidence on display. I guess it makes a nice change though. 

You can never tell with football management and some rises are hard to track and quantify.

Off topic but 3.5 years ago Potter was losing at Ashton Gate, now he's Chelsea manager! Thought he did okay at Swansea but certainly nothing amazing. Credit for his work in Sweden and clearly at Brighton he improved them year on year but to Chelsea is a fascinating appointment tbh.

Would anyone on here have labelled Potter a future Chelsea manager when top half at this level only?

Yes I know NP isn't up and coming but I don't see it as likely.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

6 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Nobody going to comment on the suggestion in the OP that we may soon be sitting second in the table? 

Seems a bit optimistic. More surprising though, is the fact that it hasn't been shot down immediately. Think there may be a bit of over-confidence on display. I guess it makes a nice change though. 

Joe Jordan to Hearts.

Potter Swansea to Brighton .....Brighton to Chelsea.

It does happen but imo won' t in this scenario 

52 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Ain't spent much money there this year have they? Manager will be a cheap option I reckon the bloke who got sacked at soton ain't going to try to spell his name 

I assume you are referring to Herr Hasenhüttl, or Mr Rabbit Hutch, in English, but I don’t believe he has been sacked (yet).

Pearson was sacked after his son was implicated in a racist sex orgy while on a pre season tour in Thailand. Pearson cited 'differences of opinion' at the time. Given the fact he had kept the club up this was clearly a serious rift.

As far as I am aware the then owners of Leicester, despite trying to sell the club, are the current owners. 

I appreciate 7 years is a long time but the rift appears sizable making a return to the club very unlikely imo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Pearson was sacked after his son was implicated in a racist sex orgy while on a pre season tour in Thailand. Pearson cited 'differences of opinion' at the time. Given the fact he had kept the club up this was clearly a serious rift.

As far as I am aware the then owners of Leicester, despite trying to sell the club, are the current owners. 

I appreciate 7 years is a long time but the rift appears sizable making a return to the club very unlikely imo.

Bit harsh, mate. Who of us can say we haven't been to one of them sexist race orgies from time to time? 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

Still quite close with the owners though I believe, his name will at the very least be discussed by their board