IGNORED

Visiting Camp Nou

yardy

I havent been in nearly a decade but....

Barcelona used to have a system where season ticket holders could return games that they couldn't attend. It meant that closer to the game more tickets would be available on their official site.

There also used to be multiple ticket selling booths on Las ramblas. 

If you want lower tier with a decent view you are probably looking in excess of 100 euros. 

If you get the chance try espanyol as well. Its a bit more if a pain to get to but the games tend to be more evenly matched and the atmosphere (despite being a fraction of the attendance) is so much better. Its also considerably cheaper. Think I paid 20 euros for it, but again this was a decade ago....

I saw barcelona beat real sociedad 4-1 (messi missed an open goal that night!) And saw espanyol beat Athletic Bilbao 3-2 in the space of 24hrs.

Didn't see any trouble at either of them. Even with plenty of sociedad shirts in amongst the home fans.

7 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

I havent been in nearly a decade but....

Barcelona used to have a system where season ticket holders could return games that they couldn't attend. It meant that closer to the game more tickets would be available on their official site.

There also used to be multiple ticket selling booths on Las ramblas. 

If you want lower tier with a decent view you are probably looking in excess of 100 euros. 

If you get the chance try espanyol as well. Its a bit more if a pain to get to but the games tend to be more evenly matched and the atmosphere (despite being a fraction of the attendance) is so much better. Its also considerably cheaper. Think I paid 20 euros for it, but again this was a decade ago....

I saw barcelona beat real sociedad 4-1 (messi missed an open goal that night!) And saw espanyol beat Athletic Bilbao 3-2 in the space of 24hrs.

Didn't see any trouble at either of them. Even with plenty of sociedad shirts in amongst the home fans.

We actually have a fair bit in common with Espanyol & their supporters. 

Both going about their business, striving to be successful, in decent, modern stadiums - but somewhat shadowed by their city neighbours, who have a far greater global appeal & are many other supporters "2nd team"*

* descriptions within this post may not be factually accurate. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

Just be aware of the pick pockets

They’re everywhere. I had my wallet lifted just as I entered the tube train. The bastards timed it perfectly as the doors shut. 

I could see the shits grinning at me as the train moved off. They were dressed like Nina’s and mid European looking.

• Confused 1

I did the stadium tour back a few years ago (when Thierry Henry played for them). Never attended a game though. 
A very impressive structure. 
They dug the pitch out to be below ground level. This was to keep the outside structure to a minimum height because Franco taxed structures that were above a certain height. Quite a simple but ingenious dodge. 

• Like 1

Went when they played Real Madrid 

to be totally honest bit disappointed they shove the away fans up in the clouds . 
if memory serves me it’s a game that’s shown on tv so a lot of the locals try and sell there tickets which if there lucky will pay for there whole season ticket 

they scan you in but just make sure you know there seat number other wise stuffed as my two mates found out the first time they went 

On 18/09/2022 at 12:07, yardy said:

Hi all, I have the opportunity to visit the Camp Nou when Barcelona host Villarreal in October, i am wondering if any City fans have been before could help me with a few questions....

- how do you go about getting tickets, do i buy them before the game or wait until i get to the ground? 

- if i need to buy tickets online where is the best place to buy them?

- is it safe for my son?(10 years old),  the time of the game is yet to be arranged so would it still be safe if its a evening kick off?

Never been to a game abroad before so any help to make the experience more enjoyable/easier would be great, thanks in advance.

Take a tour of the trophy Room weve got one in there blue whit youth tournament .

On 18/09/2022 at 22:27, Robbored said:

They’re everywhere. I had my wallet lifted just as I entered the tube train. The bastards timed it perfectly as the doors shut. 

I could see the shits grinning at me as the train moved off. They were dressed like Nina’s and mid European looking.

On my first visit to Barcelona I lost my match ticket like that! Normally I was quite careful with my wallet, but on a very quiet Sunday morning I put it in my back pocket. Fatal. Arrived at Parc Guell without my wallet, cash, cards and ticket. I don’t remember any close contact with anyone on the metro, as it was almost deserted. I had no way of getting a new ticket so ended up watching the match on TV in a bar.