IGNORED

Steve Morison sacked

Simon79

43 minutes ago, petehinton said:

He shouldn’t have got it in the first place, but crazy from Cardiff to let him bring in 15 odd players + bring in a few of his own staff over the summer just to sack him 3 weeks later. 

Had a bit of a god complex about him, so has to be some kind of bust up behind the scenes. 

Be very interested to see who would actually want to take that job tbh

A vile club deserve a vile manager,would suggest Barton but I’m quite happy watching his plan to overtake the City at Rovers at the moment 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, richyy66 said:

I think they may have someone already lined up - Seems a strange sacking after letting him bring in so many players this year. They want Nathan Jones of Luton - Die hard Cardiff City Fan...

Is that Die Hard with a Vengeance? :)

2 hours ago, richyy66 said:

I think they may have someone already lined up - Seems a strange sacking after letting him bring in so many players this year. They want Nathan Jones of Luton - Die hard Cardiff City Fan...

That would be a great choice.

I hate them & I hate him, makes life simpler.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 2

2 hours ago, grifty said:

I can't remember the exact phrasing he used, but after his loss to us, he had an extremely odd interview where he kept repeating the same phrase over and over.

I was just recalling that interview, he seemed very on edge and worked up over a fairly routine defeat where they hadn't been terrible by any means, which I thought at the time was somewhat odd and maybe showing a bit of inexperience and naivety.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Holloway is indeed a proper manager - all the players that have played for him greatly respected him and desperately wanted to do well for him - Nige has the same qualities.

Bollocks. Did well with Blackpool yes. Palace were top of the championship when he took over from dougie freeman & only just scraped the play offs . Then quit admitting he wasn’t good enough. He’s failed everywhere else . We all know you’re a gas sympathiser but give it a rest . 

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

He did okay at QPR too across 2 spells but nothing special there.

He made history at Leicester too...

For while Ranieri building on Pearson's good work took them to the title Hollowhead took them to a new level.

The third tier- for the first time in their history he relegated them down to the third tier! :D

Have looked, he was onto quite a good thing at Plymouth until he quit mid season to go to Leicester in 2007.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Ha, and who can forget when...

He effectively relegated two clubs in one season!

2000-01. He leaves them up the river in the mire. No home win by the end of Jan, and while he didn't finish the job he sure started it, Rovers were relegated!

Then he goes to QPR in Feb or March 2001, inherits a relegation battle.and takes them down!

That is a 'proper' manager, relegating two sides in a season and then seven years later leaving what was a decent side at Plymouth to make history by relegating Leicester to the third tier for the 1st time in their history!

?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, richyy66 said:

If they get jones my hatred for them will go up another level, can’t stand the horrible little ?.

26 minutes ago, HoldenBall said:

That’s a good shout. Would actually test his credentials as a manager rather then only being successful in teams with the highest budgets in the league 

I don’t rate Parker . Had loads of money to spend at Fulham & bought half a squad in January to get Bournemouth over the line . Doesn’t seem to be a great man manager , from just my own observations . Gary O’neil getting more out of the same squad 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Quite a few managers under pressure at the moment. I can see Hull, WBA, Preston, 'Boro and maybe Coventry being available before the WC.

Cardiff are only three points behind us. Seems a bit hasty to fire him unless he lost the dressing room. I mean, where do they realistically think they should be - top 6? Which is only 4 points higher.