IGNORED

Bus To AG - Question

RobArnold10

Evening all, I’m bringing my old man on Saturday for the first time in donkeys years, kicker is he’s got a heart condition and isn’t able to walk great distances. My plan was to catch the 23 from the centre to Ashton Road because I’ve used it way back when, but looking at first bus I’m not 100% it runs through there any more? Can anybody confirm? Don’t live in Bristol so the ambiguous timetable I’ve seen really doesn’t help!

• Robin 1

13 minutes ago, RobArnold10 said:

Evening all, I’m bringing my old man on Saturday for the first time in donkeys years, kicker is he’s got a heart condition and isn’t able to walk great distances. My plan was to catch the 23 from the centre to Ashton Road because I’ve used it way back when, but looking at first bus I’m not 100% it runs through there any more? Can anybody confirm? Don’t live in Bristol so the ambiguous timetable I’ve seen really doesn’t help!

If you’ve not been on a Bristol Bus for a while, you now pay by credit/ debit card.  Just tap the card reader getting on and remember also to tap out when getting off.  I think a single is £2.10.

1 hour ago, frenchred said:

Do the park and ride mate it's so easy and cheap, drops you by kfc as well!

My only concern was when I’ve been on my own lately it looks like pickup is from the Robins? I know it sounds like small margins but if he’s on a bad day that’s pushing how far he can walk. Trying to do a non drive day where we can all relax - if it’s not feasible then I’ll be driving but it’s an all bases covered sorta thing!

4 minutes ago, RobArnold10 said:

My only concern was when I’ve been on my own lately it looks like pickup is from the Robins? I know it sounds like small margins but if he’s on a bad day that’s pushing how far he can walk. Trying to do a non drive day where we can all relax - if it’s not feasible then I’ll be driving but it’s an all bases covered sorta thing!

Yeah the portway one is the Robins in the wayback. Think the other one is outside the ground

you can get a normal bus 24 for the journey to AG, and get the return journey on AG3 which goes back to the centre, bus station and Temple Meads. I’ve tried getting the 24 back to the centre and it is a bit of a nightmare. 
Ticketing has changed since last season, you used to be able to get a day rider to cover all services but I don’t think this is the case anymore.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/travel/

Edited by exAtyeoMax

16 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

you can get a normal bus 24 for the journey to AG, and get the return journey on AG3 which goes back to the centre, bus station and Temple Meads. I’ve tried getting the 24 back to the centre and it is a bit of a nightmare. 
Ticketing has changed since last season, you used to be able to get a day rider to cover all services but I don’t think this is the case anymore.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/travel/

Yes I noticed that. I used to be able to go from Portway into town on the P&R, a couple hours later bus to Ashton then after the game the football P&R back to Portway, all on one ticket. Not any more.

• Like 1

Many have made the fundamental error in assuming the buses back to the centre after Saturday matches actually turn up. On the few occasions I took public transport last year I ended up having to walk, watching the indicator board count down to 'due' then removing all evidence the bus had ever existed, as it didn't. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BTRFTG said:

Many have made the fundamental error in assuming the buses back to the centre after Saturday matches actually turn up. On the few occasions I took public transport last year I ended up having to walk, watching the indicator board count down to 'due' then removing all evidence the bus had ever existed, as it didn't. 

Better to get the AG3 to the centre, I gave up waiting for the 24 in North St!

• Like 1

Club have also warned that with the carriageway  down to one lane that the buses they lay on can't be guaranteed to get to the ground in time for kick-off....  Add to that QPR fans who are also now having to drive with the trains off.  It's like a perfect storm.  Home match, roadworks and rail strike.  I've already changed my plans and will now be dropped to the match rather drive.  Parking will be an even bigger nightmare.

4 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Club have also warned that with the carriageway  down to one lane that the buses they lay on can't be guaranteed to get to the ground in time for kick-off....  Add to that QPR fans who are also now having to drive with the trains off.  It's like a perfect storm.  Home match, roadworks and rail strike.  I've already changed my plans and will now be dropped to the match rather drive.  Parking will be an even bigger nightmare.

Crikey! I better leave now

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

At least the M5 should be clear now the buggers have all gone home!

True, although not all. In Torquay earlier this week it was packed with holiday coaches. This seems to be the new peak season for the olduns and Devon/Cornwall have become all year round destinations. 

Just now, ralphindevon said:

True, although not all. In Torquay earlier this week it was packed with holiday coaches. This seems to be the new peak season for the olduns and Devon/Cornwall have become all year round destinations. 

It does seem a bit that way these days. I blame airb&b. No need to plan anything, weather looking nice, grab a couple of days off work get online and off you go.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, man in the middle said:

Coming from Reading today and travelling back after. Does anyone know how much the AG1 bus costs and how reliable it is?

I think it’s a fiver return this season.

yes it’s very reliable, I use it all the time and can’t really fault it.

However today they’re saying to allow more time because of the roadworks on the Cumberland Basin, so it won’t be as quick and smooth as normal 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I think it’s a fiver return this season.

yes it’s very reliable, I use it all the time and can’t really fault it.

However today they’re saying to allow more time because of the roadworks on the Cumberland Basin, so it won’t be as quick and smooth as normal 

It says on the website it’s free to park, how does that work do you have to tell anyone your registration? Thanks for your help

8 minutes ago, man in the middle said:

It says on the website it’s free to park, how does that work do you have to tell anyone your registration? Thanks for your help

No, just park up then pay on the bus with contactless or whatever. You’ll see the queue for the buses but don’t get on the one to the centre. Follow the City shirts.

Oh and there is a height restriction so don’t come in a high van

• Flames 1

55 minutes ago, man in the middle said:

Oh, and after the game it goes from all the way up by the Robins pub, the other AG park  & Ride buses go from nearer to the ground, so make sure you get on AG1

• Like 1