IGNORED

VAR in the Championship

PFree

Can’t say I like the idea of it but is it time to introduce it?

Financially, there is so much at stake and I can’t help but feel the standard of officials in this league is worse than at any stage before?

We got what we deserved today, but that said with correct decisions it would have been a different game..

Not just that decision. The linesman in front of the Lansdown was useless. That’s why he got such a big cheer when he finally flagged for an offside in the 40th minute. He had missed at least 2 obvious ones before that, potentially including their second goal.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Midred said:

Is the goalkeeper in the photo on here facing towards his goal or away from it? 

Eh..?

Not sure what you mean..? 

Either way, the photos pretty clearly show the ball is raised above the line of the penalty box & clearly not fully over it. 

18 minutes ago, gazza1982 said:

I was in line with that today and 100% the ball was handled outside the box 

from s20 it looked outside too by about half a yard it would have been a yellow and free kick but would have prevented a lot of time-wasting if keeper was on a yellow, from the highlights on sky their 2nd goal looks offside to me too

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Eh..?

Not sure what you mean..? 

Either way, the photos pretty clearly show the ball is raised above the line of the penalty box & clearly not fully over it. 

The photo on Twitter clearly shows the ball in the air - and don’t forget that a small part of the ball needs to be over a small part of line to deem that it is in the penalty area and the keeper is fine when picking it up.

With the human eye it is near impossible to prove this was not the case therefore the ref would have to give the keeper the benefit of the doubt.

What was much more clear was the offside for their second goal - I was pretty much on line with the City defensive line and their player looked a yard offside - the issue was that the linesman was way behind the pace of play and was totally in the wrong position to flag.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Packman said:

The second goal was offside.

2 hours ago, Denbury Red said:

The photo on Twitter clearly shows the ball in the air - and don’t forget that a small part of the ball needs to be over a small part of line to deem that it is in the penalty area and the keeper is fine when picking it up.

With the human eye it is near impossible to prove this was not the case therefore the ref would have to give the keeper the benefit of the doubt.

What was much more clear was the offside for their second goal - I was pretty much on line with the City defensive line and their player looked a yard offside - the issue was that the linesman was way behind the pace of play and was totally in the wrong position to flag.

Yeah, I hadn't even realised that the second goal was in question of offside. 

Photos seem to show that it was, just, offside. 

Not exactly scandalous, but a poor call nonetheless. 

I'd still rather see a a decision like that go against us now & again, than have VAR involved. 

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Ball doesn’t need to be fully over the line. 

Who said it does..? 

Any part is sufficient. 

2 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I mean that bottom left circle would have the whole ground shouting it’s outside the box but it’s on the line so in.

People think if you can see the whole line then that means the whole ball is over it. Your bottom left image seen in real life from a certain angle would show the whole line. It’s obviously not the case but you can tell them all one by one as I’m too tired!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Then make the overly rich prem bunch of *** owners pay for it. 

Simples 

Maybe that asswipe of new Chelsea owner should give up his monies and stop trying to arrange unwanted games 

Why should they pay for it?

4 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Simple they keep saying they will support the pyramid. And it is why the highest earners should pay a higher level of tax. Or do we go with the poor funding the rich 

Good luck with that then. Not a chance they will pay for it.

Just now, Super said:

Good luck with that then. Not a chance they will pay for it.

I think you are probably right. Which shows the total shit show . Football has become since the so called elite premier League was formed. Al that matters is the top flight. Endemic of our lunatic need PM and Tory's finally showing their true intent and disregard for the poor. 

Sorry for political reference but it strikes me enough is enough. Football the working  man's sport. Really