IGNORED

Chris Wilder

GrahamC

16 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Just goes to show that, like Hughton, some clubs and manager fits don’t work. Doesn’t mean he’s a bad manager 

Spot on, though some of the strikers he’s brought in recently are baffling signings.

You’re right about the Hughton analogy, though I do wonder if in his case the day has passed & he won’t manage again.

Next post is huge for Wilder, his record at Sheff U (& prior to that at Oxford & Northampton) was excellent but he won’t want a second consecutive failure on his CV.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Sacked by Boro.

Seen by many as probably the best manager at Championship level out there, but hasn’t worked out.

Rob Edwards, just sacked by Watford & Gary O’Neil already being linked with the vacancy.

Good manager, really surprised at how this season has gone for Boro thus far.

Don't like either of those potential replacements from a Boro point of view, they're both managers with recent success but no real hard proof they've got what it takes at this level. I hope they go for Edwards, would be an interesting risk. 

8 minutes ago, TomF said:

I just looked it up and its actually correct.

Mark Robins (Coventry City) - March 2017

Gary Rowett (Millwall) - October 2019

Nathan Jones (Luton Town) - May 2020

Nigel Pearson (Bristol City) - February 2021

For info Leam Richardson was caretaker at Wigan for quite a period before getting the gig properly in April 21…but the list above is correct.

No big deal to see managers dismissed these days, very few football managers don’t have a sacking on their CV. A far as I’m aware Pep and Wenger are the only two that have not been sacked. Actually it could be three - was Alex Ferguson ever sacked? 

Getting sacked is par for the course if you’re a professional football manager.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

There was some talk on Twitter weekend just gone that he was disgruntled about the budget or some Middlesbrough fans complaining about it anyway. He was never a chequebook manager, but who knows if there were internal tensions.

Some were loans but he’s brought in a hell of a lot of players, Zak Steffen, Matt Clarke, Rodrigo Muniz, Forss, Mowatt & Hoppe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Mental isn’t it.

Everyone would have loved Wilder here before Pearson was appointed. Now it hasn’t worked out at one club there are people saying he’s shit now!  The British fans views on managers is bizarre. 

It's the all or nothing nature that grates on me - if they get promoted then they must have been a proper good manager whereas if they don't then they will eventually get sacked and then they are a poor manager. There are so many other factors that make a club successful.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No big deal to see managers dismissed these days, very few football managers don’t have a sacking on their CV. A far as I’m aware Pep and Wenger are the only two that have not been sacked. Actually it could be three - was Alex Ferguson ever sacked? 

Klopp has never been sacked as far as I know. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looking at social media it seems that he was heavily linked with the Burnley job back in April and was quite keen on going, and it's never been quite right between him and Boro ever since.

edit: further research suggests that Burnley made an approach, he wanted to speak to them but Boro refused.

Edited by Northern Red

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Mental isn’t it.

Everyone would have loved Wilder here before Pearson was appointed. Now it hasn’t worked out at one club there are people saying he’s shit now!  The British fans views on managers is bizarre. 

If Pearson left today, I'd be happy with Wilder as a replacement.

Sometimes the club isn't the right fit for a certain person, whether that's as a player or member of staff. If what @Northern Red said above is true, then that could also be a factor in what's gone wrong there. 

Nige has gone from 5th longest serving manager in the league, to the 4th very quickly.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Fergie was sacked by St. Mirren

He then took the club to an industrial tribunal...........and lost!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TomF said:

I just looked it up and its actually correct.

Mark Robins (Coventry City) - March 2017

Gary Rowett (Millwall) - October 2019

Nathan Jones (Luton Town) - May 2020

Nigel Pearson (Bristol City) - February 2021

Fingers crossed that he'll be the third longest serving on Wednesday morning!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chucky said:

Klopp has never been sacked as far as I know. 

There are loads of others.

Simeone, Zidane, Nagelsmann, Deschamps, Dario Gradi to name but 5.

This was pointed out when he said it before & he then ignored it.
Really don’t know why he posts this stuff.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

There are loads of others.

Simeone, Zidane, Nagelsmann, Deschamps, Dario Gradi to name but 5.

This was pointed out when he said it before & he then ignored it.
Really don’t know why he posts this stuff.

Yep. Was on a thread a month ago. Scratch Scott Parker from the below.

I believe he was also told that Wenger had been sacked by Monaco…

No doubt he’ll be along with a convoluted 321 Ted Rogers justification for his original false supposition in a moment.

0DBC6439-6FA3-4212-9EF5-A0491D4850C9.thumb.png.ca1a2559821aacabe59201ace258aa61.png

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yep. Was on a thread a month ago. Scratch Scott Parker from the below.

I believe he was also told that Wenger had been sacked by Monaco…

No doubt he’ll be along with a convoluted 321 Ted Rogers justification for his original false supposition in a moment.

0DBC6439-6FA3-4212-9EF5-A0491D4850C9.thumb.png.ca1a2559821aacabe59201ace258aa61.png

Gareth Ainsworth, Paul Warne, Matt Taylor too (appointed Rotherham boss today), hardly anyone..

6 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Mental isn’t it.

Paul Ince must be having a wry smile after all the insults he took and the relegation certainties that Reading were in most of the polls/betting.