IGNORED

FGR after Tinns?

CyderInACan

• The title was changed to FGR after Tinns?
  • Admin
8 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Why on earth would Rob Edwards go back to FGR as Director of Football?!

3 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Can’t see it after the way he left.

Exactly my point, Tinnion won't go near it. EVEN if this is actually an accurate story 

1 minute ago, Steve Watts said:

I'm sure we'd be interested in signing Ronaldo and Messi to spearhead our drive to the Prem.  About the same likelihood of the interest going both ways though!  Gregor MacGregorface must be getting paid by the click.....

Out of interest, why wouldn't Tinns potentially be interested in having a chat? 

I wouldn't want to lose him and whilst FGR are a much smaller club this would definitely be a more senior role than he has here and if he wanted to deviate away from Academies and back to Senior Team decisions can see this being a very enticing opportunity. 

There's the obvious caveat that Vince seems like quite a difficult (trying to be polite) character but depending on Tinns ambitions can potentially open up many doors for him should he go there and succeed. 

I don't think it will happen, but would be amazed if Tinns didn't take a look if there's genuine interest, 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

Jeez, for a club allegedly into sustainability, they seem to be very active at burning through management...

Not really, they've done well for a very small club and Hughes and Edwards were a big part of that - bigger clubs have noticed and poached them.

I think there is a possibility he'd be interested, yes he's Mr Bristol City and respected by everyone at the club especially Steve Lansdown but going forward Steve could find the buyer/investor he's been looking for and someone could come in and be looking to put his own DoF in to carry out his strategy.

Matt Taylor the Exeter manager (about to join Rotherham) stated the other day - I'm happy at Exeter but in football you have to keep moving forward and take the opportunities when they arise".

Depends on Tinns view and what he wants from the game. I think he'll likely stay but it wouldn't be a total shock if he left. 

• Like 1

Apologies if this has been posted before but I couldn’t see it anywhere. Tins is being linked to the vacant Director of Football role at FGR.

This is a strange one… not sure why he’d be remotely interested in doing this?

Really hope he doesn’t go. I’m up at Failand a lot with my lad these days and Brian is there the vast majority of the time. He’s great with the boys and the number of players we’ve had come through lately speaks for itself.

We’re lucky to have him - don’t go Tin Man! 

• Like 2

On 04/10/2022 at 15:04, hinsleburg said:

Out of interest, why wouldn't Tinns potentially be interested in having a chat? 

I wouldn't want to lose him and whilst FGR are a much smaller club this would definitely be a more senior role than he has here and if he wanted to deviate away from Academies and back to Senior Team decisions can see this being a very enticing opportunity. 

There's the obvious caveat that Vince seems like quite a difficult (trying to be polite) character but depending on Tinns ambitions can potentially open up many doors for him should he go there and succeed. 

I don't think it will happen, but would be amazed if Tinns didn't take a look if there's genuine interest, 

I agree, hope it doesn’t happen but it is a bigger role, assuming the owner doesn’t meddle to much (which he might) this is a role heading up all things football at the club.

Anyone know what his relation with NP is like?  If Tinns really wants a wider role can it be achieved here?  

• Like 1

I am sure Nigel has contacts in the game that would do a good job here, and if the move was amicable it could be great to have a someone so close by with a good knowledge of our players for loan purposes.

Also, without wishing to be over critical of Tinns, some of the recent loans that have been arranged haven't worked out so well. We have Will Buse sitting on the bench at Yeovil when he could have had another seasons experience at Taunton. Idehen and Taylor not getting much football at Carlisle or Cheltenham. The lads at Yate don't seem to be getting any benefit from that spell, then you have Josh Owers playing at what appears to be a very low level considering he was supposed to be the next one into the first team squad. 

Maybe we need a freshening up of that area, someone with different contacts and ideas?

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I am sure Nigel has contacts in the game that would do a good job here, and if the move was amicable it could be great to have a someone so close by with a good knowledge of our players for loan purposes.

Also, without wishing to be over critical of Tinns, some of the recent loans that have been arranged haven't worked out so well. We have Will Buse sitting on the bench at Yeovil when he could have had another seasons experience at Taunton. Idehen and Taylor not getting much football at Carlisle or Cheltenham. The lads at Yate don't seem to be getting any benefit from that spell, then you have Josh Owers playing at what appears to be a very low level considering he was supposed to be the next one into the first team squad. 

Maybe we need a freshening up of that area, someone with different contacts and ideas?

Playing devils advocate just maybe some of the players out on loan are at that level & their abilities have been over hyped? The Buse one I agree was a strange one as they had an established number 1. 

19 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Playing devils advocate just maybe some of the players out on loan are at that level & their abilities have been over hyped? The Buse one I agree was a strange one as they had an established number 1. 

Yeovil don’t even play with a sub keeper, think Buse will be recalled come January n sent somewhere else

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

He would get a job in the prem on three times as much money doing the role he's done here. I've feared someone coming in for him for a while, his work wouldn't have gone unnoticed 

If he would then why hasn’t he?  I think it’s hard to know who’s done what behind the scenes.  Who is mainly responsible for Semenyo, Scott, Reid, Kelly, Bryan, Conway and the like who have either been sold for millions or will be one day?  Some of those players came through from 9-10 years old, others were picked up from smaller local academies and one came from Guernsey. I’ve literally no idea how key Tinnion has been in any of their progression and success. Is it mainly tinnion or the first team manager? Or the youth coaches? It’s probably a mixture of a few people I’d imagine. And if you take one person out of a well oiled system and plonk him somewhere else, does that success happen again?  It’s very hard to have a definite opinion on something when we don’t really know the full picture. 

• Like 2