IGNORED

Tomlin retires

Aipearcey

1 minute ago, Aipearcey said:

After only signing for Doncaster in the summer, Lee Tomlin has announced his retirement. No matter what you think of the guy, no one can deny his talent and one of maybe 3 or 4 players I’ve seen in my time at city who I can say I really got you off your seat. 

Hmmm…..I’m a little surprised to see that Tomlin has retired - injuries maybe?   :dunno:

Unfortunately he wasn’t able to deliver his undoubted talent regularly and became something of a journeyman.

No doubt tho that he certainly had some special skills - just not consistently enough.

1 hour ago, Aipearcey said:

After only signing for Doncaster in the summer, Lee Tomlin has announced his retirement. No matter what you think of the guy, no one can deny his talent and one of maybe 3 or 4 players I’ve seen in my time at city who I can say I really got you off your seat. 

He certainly had the figure of 3 or 4 players!

11 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Let`s hope he can get rid of this uncontrollable urge he seems to have to self-destruct on a regular basis. Without football, it doesn`t bode well if he can`t.

Indeed.  Loved him loan.  Shame it went to shite once he signed.  Hope he can conquer his MH demons.   He may have been a pr1ck toward the end of his time with us, but I still wish him well.  

• Like 3

Can't say I'm surprised, think it was inevitable really, especially the whole new club every year or so thing.

Mental illnesses are awful, but he certainly hasn't helped himself over the past few years. It's a shame because he is an extremely talented footballer when he's on his game. Unfortunately that's not very often.

I'll have fond memories of his loan spell, where he was great. I was extremely excited when it was clear we were trying to get him permanently, however the way it went on and on, especially over social media, you kinda got the feeling that something wasn't right. The rest as they say, is history.

I hope for his, and his families sakes, that this now means he can fully concentrate on something else, and just be happy. Perhaps the first step is getting himself away from social media.

One of my favourite players ever. Pure entertainment at his best here and the Huddersfield and Fulham goals will live long in the memory as two of my favourite City moments.

Shame a fair few on here make the same old jokes about his mental state and weight, tiresome.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, One Team said:

Amazing he says he wouldn’t change a thing. He could’ve been a top player with the right attitude and application.

Possibly but if he says he is happy then fair shout to him.

No doubt has earn’t very well over his career, I am also pretty sure he has also delved into some business ventures as well, maybe in clothing retail but not sure how that played out.

Probably the most enjoyable player to watch that I can remember, and a good performer at championship level.

The last minute free kick in front of thousands of City fans at Craven Cottage to win the match WAS mental. Especially with Dicky O'Donnell dancing around his area at the other end. Lost my keys that day celebrating the goal. I had to go back up there mid week to pick them up from lost property so remember it well! 

A very talented player unfortunately with a lot of baggage [& I don't mean weight].

A typical example of "a mercurial talent"

I hope he can have a good life outside of football.

• Like 3

Tomlin could have been such a better player if he had focussed himself more on football. It mustn't be good for your body travelling back home to Leicestershire every day after training which is what he did at every club he was at.