IGNORED

Step up from League Two

GrahamC

11 hours ago, Logical-City said:

He was scoring in League 1 for a few seasons before we signed him and was a well known prospect I remember being surprised we got him when we did

A couple of seasons yeah and it was quite a coup to get him, but I thought he was playing at basement level and I got it wrong, which I said.

11 hours ago, The Humble Realist said:

Were Swansea in league two (going into league one) when we signed trundle?

To be honest I dont think trundle was able to cut it in the championship at the time. He didnt score a huge amount of goals....he did score some big ones though! And they were often special.

Few years before Trundle joined us they annihilated us 7-0 at the Liberty Stadium on their way to promotion from L1. Ive got a feeling he came to us in the close season of 2008 from a Swansea City side that had just been promoted to the Premier League.

Edit: Ignore….I’m talking shit on multiple counts and we lost 7-1

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Few years before Trundle joined us they annihilated us 7-0 at the Liberty Stadium on their way to promotion from L1. Ive got a feeling he came to us in the close season of 2008 from a Swansea City side that had just been promoted to the Premier League.

Edit: Ignore….I’m talking shit on multiple counts and we lost 7-1

At least you're honest enough to own up!

Swansea have had quite the journey in the 2000s to be fair.

On 06/10/2022 at 13:53, GrahamC said:

Brilliant shout, struggled with injuries but a top defender who made the leap from non league to Championship.

Good one.

Non league is understated but there are players who chose to play it while doing something else. Michael Boulding is a good example kept his footie going for Halam while attempting to become a pro tennis player, changed back did well at Grimsby got a contract at Villa. Shailie played (captained?) for England C as a student, unusual in that not trying to play pro football because he was studying, he was an elite schoolboy athlete (interested to know how he did on the bleep test) who could have chosen his sport, seen comments about him putting his body on the line, exceptional schoolboy rugby player used to play for yr 8 when he was in yr 5. Very good tennis player etc.. tales of him hitting with the pros while at Roehampton (but I don’t trust the source could be BS) From a very grounded family (probably why went to Uni first saw pro sport as a risk?) really modest/unaffected as a kid/teenager considering so so good at every sport. I don’t think there was any doubt he would be a professional athlete when/if he chose to go full time. Great shame about his injuries.