IGNORED

Birmingham City away match thread

Hard to over emphasise just how poor that was. Second to everything, no threat, sloppy in possession. Not a single shot, let alone one on target.

It seems the confidence in this group is as fragile as it has ever been in recent seasons. As soon as we lose a couple of games, the whole thing collapses and nobody wants the ball. Really depressing stuff. 

• Like 3

Well the trend of poor performances is continuing. 

Interestingly without Naismith (who has come under way too much flak IMO) that is probably our worst half of football all season.

Awful defending for 2 set piece goals.

Not only can we barely string 3 or 4 passes together, i'm not sure we've had 1 shot all half.

King at CB highlighting our complete lack of depth - Massengo energetic but not productive in CM. Sykes stuck in a rut. 

Weimann, Wells and Conway have become shadows of what they were a few games ago.

Not quite sure what has happened for such a drop in performance levels beyond losing Naismith and James - clearly our two most important level headed "game management controllers".

Edited by Alessandro
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
14 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Why are we always shite in this particular fixture ?

It's like Brum have taken on the Leeds mantle; i.e. we save our worst performances for games against them.

I work with a Blues season ticket holder; and he thanked me for the six points before the ******* season even started !

2 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

If it's anything like his interviews it will be talking b*llocks and boring the arse out of the players.....he may have been good once but he is is utterly clueless now and we are suffering because if it.

Good to see you posting your anti Pearson diatribe

It must have been a very frustrating few weeks not being able to post it

Your b*****s about ‘waiting a few more games before being convinced’ now shown up to be ...... complete b*******s

Who do you want to replace him

• Like 5
  • Flames 1
1 minute ago, Alessandro said:

Interestingly without Naismith (who has come under way too much flak IMO) that is probably our worst half of football all season.

Not only can we barely string 3 or 4 passes together, i'm not sure we've had 1 shot all half.

King at CB highlighting our complete lack of depth - Massengo energetic but not productive in CM. Sykes stuck in a rut. 

Weimann, Wells and Conway have become shadows of what they were a few games ago.

Not quite sure what has happened for such a drop in performance levels beyond losing Naismith and James - clearly our two most important level headed "game management controllers".

James is unspectacular but he would be a massive improvement on what we've got in there on today's showing. At least he turns up most weeks doing what he does whether that is to your liking or not.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Fan of Nige but this one is firmly on him. King at CB for **** sake. If you don’t have the players to play the system, don’t play the system. 

Why?  Is the whole poor team performance (and several individuals too) down to Nige picking King at CB?  We've just been inept all over the pitch, that's not down to one selection is it?

Who is warming up?

• Like 1

Worst game of the season so far, against an average side: no pace, awful passing, no attacking threats, and the defending for the second goal was really weak.

In the two previous games I thought the main problem was a lack of quality in attacking play and a form drop by the strikers...but today almost all the team seems lost. Some players are not available, but I expected more 

Getting something from this match will be hard, but I'd try some changes at HT to shake up things: Sykes in the Weimann role, Tanner as RB, King back in midfield with the inclusion of a defender, maybe Martin too to be more physical.

2 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

The saddest thing is that Birmingham aren't a great side. A competitive performance brings back a point. Probably too late for that now, even if I could see us playing better in the second half. Which I can't.

• Robin 1