IGNORED

Birmingham City away match thread

We were absolutely abysmal and it is the worst display since Pearson took over. 

A few players out there who I am embarassed to call them City players after yesterday (wont name names). I can't think of anything positive other than Pring looked ok when he came on. 

What worries me the most is how little we are suddenly creating since Norwich away. The confidence of the players looks absolutely shot and a few in my opinion would benefit from hitting the gym because Birmingham bullied our players

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Preston away a couple of years ago we got our match ticket refunded as the players played so badly and felt guilty. This was instigated by Korey though. So unless we have another player as compassionate as Korey, and others to agree, it won't happen

Also, I’ve a feeling there were a lot fewer than 2,200 fans to refund at Preston! 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, 2015 said:

A few players out there who I am embarassed to call them City players after yesterday (wont name names). I can't think of anything positive other than Pring looked ok when he came on. 

What worries me the most is how little we are suddenly creating since Norwich away. The confidence of the players looks absolutely shot and a few in my opinion would benefit from hitting the gym because Birmingham bullied our players

We must be so easy to play against for teams like Brum and Millwall. We are so weak we get easily bullied and therefore easily beat. It's gone on for too long now.

Edited by Super
2 minutes ago, Super said:

We must be so easy to play against for teams like Brum and Millwall. We are so weak we get easily bullied and therefore easily beat. It's gone on for too long now.

Yep. It's obvious what they will do against us, put us under pressure, load the box from set pieces and then we start playing within ourselves. This has been the case for 3 years now, it's not good enough. 

Hannibal Mejbri? Is everything we think Massengo is by the way

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Yep.........deja vu from last seasons game.  Despite Pearson's pre game waffle, we were bullied to defeat, and looked sad and  weak.

Having now seen his post match thoughts, he seemed dumbfounded, shocked and lost for words, pretty much like most fans?   But what he did say was very honest, he must be so frustrated at some/most of our players.  What was turning into a possible season of promise, needs to be quickly resuscitated, before it turns into a corpse?

While i appreciate his hands have been tied financially, something should have been done about the standard of  defending from the midfield to the back five  in the last 18 months, so he is certainly not blameless?

1 hour ago, 2015 said:

I agree, but they are not physically weak, they also lack mental strength and emotional intelligence,

Unfortunately, many of our players have been identified as weak or "wimps" by the opposition and have buckled when targeted.

We need players that can desTROY DEENEY and brutes such as him.

We've not had a tiggerish, fiery, minder within our ranks for years.

If we had at least one or two of these, we could bully others, the way they have bullied us.

That would be a refreshing change.

Imagine having  a Gareth Chilcott or Ellis Genge type-character in our team !

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

I agree, but they are not physically weak, they also lack mental strength and emotional intelligence,

Unfortunately, many of our players have been identified as weak or "wimps" by the opposition and have buckled when targeted.

We need players that can desTROY DEENEY and brutes such as him.

We've not had a tiggerish, fiery, minder within our ranks for years.

If we had at least one or two of these, we could bully others, the way they have bullied us.

That would be a refreshing change.

Imagine having  a Gareth Chilcott or Ellis Genge type-character in our team !

Scott and Williams have received 11 bookings between them already!

Thoughts? Do you want us to get further penalised, more players walking tight ropes in-game, more suspensions etc. Having to continually tinker in CM can be particularly damaging.

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Scott and Williams have received 11 bookings between them already!

Thoughts? Do you want us to get further penalised, more players walking tight ropes in-game, more suspensions etc. Having to continually tinker in CM can be particularly damaging.

Many of the good enforcers are clever. The way the game is officiated nowadays means they have to be doubly clever,

The smart ones take charge of games and impose themselves without resorting to foul play or getting caught.

Sometimes a quiet word in someone's ear can be enough to strike enough fear into them and put them off their game,

Many bookings received by Scott, and Williams have probably been for cheap, petty or stupid infringements rather than for properly imposing themselves and taking the game by the scruff of the neck.

15 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Many of the good enforcers are clever. The way the game is officiated nowadays means they have to be doubly clever,

The smart ones take charge of games and impose themselves without resorting to foul play or getting caught.

Sometimes a quiet word in someone's ear can be enough to strike enough fear into them and put them off their game,

Many bookings received by Scott, and Williams have probably been for cheap, petty or stupid infringements rather than for properly imposing themselves and taking the game by the scruff of the neck.

Can agree on this yes.

I'm blinded by numbers before context a bit at times...at least one of them was for arguing, I do think we need to be a bit smarter for sure. Although the fouls to bookings ratio looks suspiciously weighted towards the latter with some of our players but it isn't always a numbers game.

Sly trips in CM, off the ball etc. Then again Sykes came off worse v Luton despite 1 and arguably 2 offences against him in the prior phases of play!

No argument with the straight red but the other aspects...Not even talking the penalty but had the potential foul between the pen and the red card been penalised, Sykes doesn't make that tackle.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1
22 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Sykes is a midfielder, often was central at Oxford- this is a pretty new position for him but he's been decent I think.

But he’s not a centre half, right back or midfielder we needed.

He plays just off or wide of the front - we have Scott, Wiemann, Seymenyo all better than him so why sign him - pointless signing.

• Confused 1
22 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Sykes is a midfielder, often was central at Oxford- this is a pretty new position for him but he's been decent I think.

The 'Son of CoD' may claim Irish ancestry & Oxford heritage like his forebear. Sadly for us he also shares the quality of possessing absolutely zero end product, isn't quick, combative and falls over in a light breeze.

7 hours ago, Super said:

Way too long now.

Cov even bullied us in the air last week against our defenders. And when you’ve got the likes of Dasilva and Massengo in there, we’re weak as piss.

I think HNM needs to move on now. I’m tired of him just being a passenger in there. 1 worldie game out of a 100…

• Like 1
2 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

The 'Son of CoD' may claim Irish ancestry & Oxford heritage like his forebear. Sadly for us he also shares the quality of possessing absolutely zero end product, isn't quick, combative and falls over in a light breeze.

And....a few of us noticed yesterday he's weak in the challenge and tends to bottle it.

• Haha 1