IGNORED

Birmingham City away match thread

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Sorry to add potential bad news but I still fear we might be exceeding limits and facing one albeit a small one. That said if we are lower midtable then it could be a good season to get through it, if such a time ever exists so long as we are not in a tight position up or down the League.

Unless we have been definitively pubicly cleared and I've missed it?

If you have the good news in this area, please share in so far as you can!

I think the £680k incoming from Peterborough will help and if we are close I would 100% be looking to offload Massengo in January.

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I think the £680k incoming from Peterborough will help and if we are close I would 100% be looking to offload Massengo in January.

£500k is cash flow, Dave explained it elsewhere but think it's closer to £180k the actual gain/profit in this respect.

Wonder what we can get for him on January? Pre-contract with foreign clubs remember (complicated by his age).

WTF was that is my over arching thought. 

Did anyone come out of that with any credit other than Bentley and maybe Atkinson!?

We were half arsed, slow, without desire and scared. In front of a big away following. 

One individual player did not make a forward pass the entire match. 

Semenyo did well for twenty but then fell off like the rest of them, but at least he showed something. 

Weimann has been terrible for weeks, ConwAy and Wells never got a pass, eff me, how could we concede three set piece goals. Apparently our white men can’t jump! 

I try to take positives from all our games, but that to use the American expression sucked ass!

Left before the end as was just plain embarrassing. Only players with any credit were Scott, Martin & Semenyo but the rest should be ashamed. Were never up for the fight & just rolled over. 

Depressing hearing your own fans sing we’re ******* shit but we were. If Klose was fit enough for bench then start him. Andy king was never going to work twice & not his faults. 

Weird thing for me is that there are some on here who bury there heads as far as Pearson goes & he deservedly got plaudits for getting it right before break but he has not addressed defence in 2 years yet most signings have been defenders. Rightly deserves criticism for that & today & honestly after watching that today fear where our next win is coming from.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

WTF was that is my over arching thought. 

Did anyone come out of that with any credit other than Bentley and maybe Atkinson!?

We were half arsed, slow, without desire and scared. In front of a big away following. 

One individual player did not make a forward pass the entire match. 

Semenyo did well for twenty but then fell off like the rest of them, but at least he showed something. 

Weimann has been terrible for weeks, ConwAy and Wells never got a pass, eff me, how could we concede three set piece goals. Apparently our white men can’t jump! 

I try to take positives from all our games, but that to use the American expression sucked ass!

Bentley ??????

What game were you watching.  Culpable for at least 2 of the goals. 

Some people are blinded by the showy saves and ignore the basic errors and failure to command even his 6 yard box in games.  The contrast between him and Ruddy today was telling.  He caught everything as if it was dead easy when it wasn't

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, ciderwithtommy said:

Joke. No idea what constitutes worse than today. But I’m sure you do.  But either way, totally unacceptable 

Preston 5-0 

Swansea 7-1

Gas 4-0 

Birmingham last season was worse

Coventry last season.

Any number of Osman games that we've all forgotten as we don't want to suffer the PTSD.

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Preston 5-0 

Swansea 7-1

Gas 4-0 

Birmingham last season was worse

Coventry last season.

Any number of Osman games that we've all forgotten as we don't want to suffer the PTSD.

Today was a joke. Osman was awful but he didn’t have an iota of what this current team does in terms of resources. 

Shambolic, unacceptable and indefensible, today was worthy of all 3. 

2 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Bentley ??????

What game were you watching.  Culpable for at least 2 of the goals. 

Some people are blinded by the showy saves and ignore the basic errors and failure to command even his 6 yard box in games.  The contrast between him and Ruddy today was telling.  He caught everything as if it was dead easy when it wasn't

Ruddy was made to look good because our crossing was worse than what it was than against QPR. 

As for Bentleys culpability There first goal all the Birmingham players were at the back of the box and the runner out jumped everyone as they were stuck under the ball. The second one the player got on it well almost unchallenged and our entire team were stood in a group huddle not even moving, watch them for the bloke to turn in off the post and the third the player got a free jump to turn it toward the back post unchallenged. 

It was a shambles. They took advantage of our defense with better balls in. All of ours were hit n hope which is why Martin was brought on. DeSilva was taken off for it and so was Sykes. But that was the game I was watching!

I don't want to sound too fickle but as strong top 6 contenders, never seen it that fully.

We haven't got the deepest squad, we usually create and score but aren't watertight. We are still rebuilding while walking a financial tightrope.

My honest views when flying were in and around, and I pointed to xG often as well:

1) Midtable or similar.

2) A potential Cup run. Door is still ajar for that.

3) Continue to develop youth, remember Birmingham had a number of PL loanees today! Stoke have 5 or 6 plus Gayle on a free or similar, some other Championship signings.

4) Avoid FFP penalties but also avoid losing key players too cheaply if possible.

5) Seek to renew those we want to keep- and we have quite a few out of contract and either let expire or seek to offload in January if no hope to renew on favourable terms to get something back.

No problem with the plan or NP and staff.