IGNORED

Birmingham City away match thread

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Why?  Is the whole poor team performance (and several individuals too) down to Nige picking King at CB?  We've just been inept all over the pitch, that's not down to one selection is it?

Who is warming up?

He’s slowing everything down, and ultimately we’ve been done by two poor set pieces goals. He doesn’t look at all comfy. If he’s still CB when Deeney comes on he won’t believe his luck. I feel sorry for him tbh

Klose was sent to warm up and stripped off after 12 mins which says it all. 

Tanner and Semenyo coming on

The facts are, this is very much Pearson's team out there. It's his tactics and he can't hide behind the past anymore. He's had 4 windows now and are we going forwards or backwards. 

We are playing long ball, hoof and hope. Forwards don't even get a look in and the defence is beyond shocking.

The players don't even look bothered either. 

• Like 1
Just now, RedM said:

Semenyo warming up with his shirt on, no bib. Sure sign he is on straight after HT. Oh and same for Tanner

Sykes and Dasilva have both been v.poor today.  Someone else said earlier Sykes has pulled out of 2 50:50s today....I agree.  The first one he might've been clean through.

1 minute ago, robinforlife2 said:

The facts are, this is very much Pearson's team out there. It's his tactics and he can't hide behind the past anymore. He's had 4 windows now and are we going forwards or backwards. 

We are playing long ball, hoof and hope. Forwards don't even get a look in and the defence is beyond shocking.

I still think NP is doing well given the mess SL got this club in.

Was he to walk then we would be truly scuppered

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1
1 minute ago, Sleepy1968 said:

The saddest thing is that Birmingham aren't a great side. A competitive performance brings back a point. Probably too late for that now, even if I could see us playing better in the second half. Which I can't.

It's not alarm bells time IMO - but the performances against Coventry and now today, against teams mid/lower table is concerning for me.

The league table now making not great reading (yes still early days) but heading to 4 places and 4 points off the relegation zone...

Let's hope for a much better second half. 

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

Good to see you posting your anti Pearson diatribe

It must have been a very frustrating few weeks not being able to post it

Your b*****s about ‘waiting a few more games before being convinced’ now shown up to be ...... complete b*******s

Who do you want to replace him

It's just my opinion mate - nothing to get wound up about - we all want City to do well.

We are sh*te at the moment though.

I don't particularly want him gone but it would be nice if we played a bit better more often under his management.

Oh and I don't like being the team who's let in the most goals in the division - especially with an ex defender as a manager.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Sykes and Dasilva have both been v.poor today.  Someone else said earlier Sykes has pulled out of 2 50:50s today....I agree.  The first one he might've been clean through.

Yeah, and Dasilva not the strongest in the tackle you've ever seen.

In fact it looks like men against boys all over the pitch in that department.

Just now, Ivorguy said:

I still think NP is doing well given the mess SL got this club in.

Was he to walk then we would be truly scuppered

Doing well? How?

The players who have done well this season, Scott, Semenyo, Bentley, Conway, Wells, & Wiemann were all here before NP, only Atkinson and Naismith, have looked decent of the NP brigade. 

We look awful. Defensively we are shocking, yes we have injuries, but we just look poor. 

The players look like they have no fight in them. The golden boys, suddenly don't even look bronze and they KNOW that they will be sold to the highest bidders in January or the summer, so why would they care, if their future isn't with City. 

We are no better now, than we were when Pearson took over, but apparently because we were in a financial mess, it's not his fault, that we are getting progressively worse and are so inconsistent. 
WE are no better now than we were with Johnson or Holden.

Financially we are still screwed, but I would not trust Pearson to replace, Scott, or Semenyo with the money that comes in when they are sold. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
10 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

Not defending todays performance, to date

But you can have 14 windows , but if they involve desperately trying to offload players with little resource to bring quality in , you aren’t likely to see a noticeable or dramatic improvement

You appear to have already forgotten or overlooked or ignored the priorities in those windows 

* And your latest post and rant .... Just Wow

Make sure someone doesn’t step on those toys 

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 4
Just now, Sheltons Army said:

But you can have 14 windows , but if they involve desperately trying to offload players with little resource to bring quality in , you aren’t likely to see a noticeable or dramatic improvement

You appear to have already forgotten or overlooked or ignored the priorities in those windows 

We could have sorted our financial issues by selling Scott / Semenyo. You think will get 10-15m for Semenyo if we go down, we wont get 5m. 

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

* And you latest post .... Just Wow

Make sure someone doesn’t step on those toys 

Just a WUM… best to ignore I think

3 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

A quality manager and coaching team would have even average players well coached and drilled - and this lots aren't 

• Like 3