IGNORED

FBC POD reaches 100K downloads ....

headhunter

35 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Posed the question on Twitter [ @ForeverBristol1 ] and the general view is he has played in midfield. I may have listed him right side but looking at the team line up I suggested to much ridicule on here he or Williams could play in front of the back 4 in a 4-1-3-2. Just my opinion, that's all

It’s not a general view, it’s FACT…he has played in central midfield for us.  Whether you want to call it CM or DM I’m not bothered. ?

(just has never played RM)

If you are suggesting Vyner plays between the defence and midfield as a “DM” in a 4312 (rather than say Williams), that very different to the 442 you initially proposed Dave iirc. ???

On 10/10/2022 at 22:23, Shuffle said:

It’s clear that this podcast divides opinion but if it’s not your bag then just ignore it…..everyone is entitled to opinions and everyone has a choice.

Nice post Mark, and talk to you later at the game.

Stuck in a trial at BCC at the moment, but it looks like I missed an "Interesting" discussion on the finer merits of NP, and the squad.

I'm at the game tonight, but won't be on the pod again until after the Sat glamour tie at home to Millwall.

Hopefully some of that positivity from previous weeks will return. For me it just demonstrates the risk of having a small squad, and a plan b; when Championship teams have analysed what you do well (and what you don't).

It's a really tight league this year, and we will have ups and downs. 2 wins, and we're back in the top half of the table.

As I say to both my kids, supporting City is never easy; and generally, there are more downs than ups in the last few years in particular.

Game on for tonight anyhow ?

• Like 3

@headhunterits a great achievement, congrats. It takes a lot of hard work and commitment to put the show on after every game.

As you and others have said you need the right combination on the show to make it work. This obviously includes the pantomime villain, Ian Gay.

The show is at his best when you have good balance and this includes Neil and Dave alongside the pantomime villain as they base their views on fact & Ian knows his place.

When you lose the Dave/Neil balance the show loses some of its credibility as Ian turns into a prize ********. He really has no idea about football and his comments by and large are knee jerk and based on emotion. I tend not to listen to these. I do appreciate its difficult to get people on the show given diary commitments.

Keep up the good work

• Like 3

On 10/10/2022 at 08:57, ExiledAjax said:

Is there an argument that perhaps recording immediately after a game isn't always conducive to producing a balanced or measured response. Emotions are high at that point, takes are hot, there has been no time for considered analysis.

Which is why I now don't listen to it at all after a defeat, I know exactly what is going to be uttered - no difference at all to this forum after a bad performance or a defeat. Complete knee jerk nonsense.

Much better and balanced discussions down the pub.

6 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Which is why I now don't listen to it at all after a defeat, I know exactly what is going to be uttered - no difference at all to this forum after a bad performance or a defeat. Complete knee jerk nonsense.

Much better and balanced discussions down the pub.

Thank you for your comment, but I'll respectfully have to disagree.

PS If you can predict the future, please can you tell me this Saturday's winning lottery numbers.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Thank you for your comment, but I'll respectfully have to disagree.

PS If you can predict the future, please can you tell me this Saturday's winning lottery numbers.

I can predict the future.....

Ian will moan and groan about something whatever the result tomorrow.

Negativity is his middle name....

• Like 2