IGNORED

Nige - Pre-Preston

Davefevs

Let's face it most press conferences with most managers are bland and full of cliches. Not really worth bothering with much of the time.

In contrast in this latest one Nigel gives intelligent, articulate, interesting and insightful answers. An impressive man on top form.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

41 minutes ago, chinapig said:

In contrast in this latest one Nigel gives intelligent, articulate, interesting and insightful answers. An impressive man on top form.

Perhaps, but whatever happened to:

‘Obviously, we’re disappointed with Saturday’s result, but we pick ourselves up, dust ourselves down and go again’ ?.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Thoughts on tomorrow night Dave? I think Klose will start but if not, you think he will persist with King at CB?

He can’t play King at CB again. He also can’t play Massengo in midfield again after that Saturday…

Klose comes in at CB, either move King into CM with Scott or we go Joe Williams and Scott. I reckon he’ll go for the latter.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

He can’t play King at CB again. He also can’t play Massengo in midfield again after that Saturday…

Klose comes in at CB, either move King into CM with Scott or we go Joe Williams and Scott. I reckon he’ll go for the latter.

Just noticed Wilson has had an op to. Anyone got any ideas what that’s about?

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

Thoughts on tomorrow night Dave? I think Klose will start but if not, you think he will persist with King at CB?

As @Lew-Tstates below I think it see some changes.

I think Nige will go:

Bents

Vyner Klose Atkinson

Sykes Williams Scott Dasilva

WSM

Martin and Klose gives us better capability at set-pieces too (at both ends of the pitch).  Got a feeling Massengo won’t make the 18 either.

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

Let's face it most press conferences with most managers are bland and full of cliches. Not really worth bothering with much of the time.

I thought Nige might be a bit prickly today after Saturday, but he was in very open and informative mood.  Good questions too.

11 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

??????

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Davefevs I think you might be right RE: Massengo. 

He was presented with a perfect opportunity to claim a place in the starting 11, and both games passed him by. 

He looks too slow in possession, and often misses opportunities to play the ball forward quickly. 

Kadji looked to try and get in the game on Saturday, and in my opinion deserves a place on the bench ahead of HNM currently. 

Massengo could be a very good player. But I get so frustrated waiting for him to regularly put in performances like he showed against Preston (away) last season. 

39 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think Nige will go:

Bents

Vyner Klose Atkinson

WSM

Martin and Klose gives us better capability at set-pieces too (at both ends of the pitch).  Got a feeling Massengo won’t make the 18 either.

I thought Nige might be a bit prickly today after Saturday, but he was in very open and informative mood.  Good questions too.

??????

Ed Hadwin’s very much under rated as an interviewer. Of the local BBC reporters, he has be far and away the best rapport with Pearson.

8 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Ed Hadwin’s very much under rated as an interviewer. Of the local BBC reporters, he has be far and away the best rapport with Pearson.

Was he the guy who asked the initial questions? They were very good, as was the first lot pre Birmingham.

20 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

@Davefevs I think you might be right RE: Massengo. 

He was presented with a perfect opportunity to claim a place in the starting 11, and both games passed him by. 

He looks too slow in possession, and often misses opportunities to play the ball forward quickly. 

Kadji looked to try and get in the game on Saturday, and in my opinion deserves a place on the bench ahead of HNM currently. 

Massengo could be a very good player. But I get so frustrated waiting for him to regularly put in performances like he showed against Preston (away) last season. 

I don’t think Kadji deserves a place over Han, Han was decent enough v Cov last week, but I’ve just got a hunch he might reward Kadji.

12 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Was it Ed, or Richard Payne?

edit: it was Ed Hadwin.  Richard good also imho.

Edited by Davefevs

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t think Kadji deserves a place over Han, Han was decent enough v Cov last week, but I’ve just got a hunch he might reward Kadji.

Was it Ed, or Richard Payne?

edit: it was Ed Hadwin.  Richard good also imho.

Sorry to be pedantic but the Richard you are referring to is Richard Hoskin. But yes, Ed Hadwin this time… 

2 hours ago, chinapig said:

I know I keep repeating it but Nige is a proper manager. We’re lucky to have him.

Compare his pressers to any of our previous managers within the last 20 odd years and he’s head and shoulders above them all.

He definitely is an impressive guy and manager. A natural born leader of men,

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I think Nige will go:

Bents

Vyner Klose Atkinson

WSM

??????

I can understand the rationale behind Martin starting but I hope he doesn’t. I just find the guy so slow and pedestrian, and we get even sloppier and just end up pumping long balls forward. That will play right into Preston’s hand if we do that 

I personally would love a Bajic start. My team: 

Bajic

Vyner Klose Atkinson

Scott Williams Massengo Dasilva

Weimann

Semenyo Conway

Personally believe that Sykes needs a rest after poor performances and Scott filled the role against Cardiff well, and looked poor in midfield against Brum.

Edited by OliOTIB
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Would love to see Weimann pushed out and Scott pushed into the 10 role behind two of Semenyo/Wells/Conway.

might not be worst idea considering andis poor form but hes so essential to playing our system 

12 hours ago, Robbored said:

I know I keep repeating it but Nige is a proper manager. We’re lucky to have him.

Compare his pressers to any of our previous managers within the last 20 odd years and he’s head and shoulders above them all.

He definitely is an impressive guy and manager. A natural born leader of men,

He has an appalling win ratio, but he's good in pressers.

Well that's OK then.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I think Nige will go:

Bents

Vyner Klose Atkinson

WSM

??????

Sorry Dave but that midfield plus Massengo is one of the reasons why we are shedding so many goals. 

Alec Scott is the exception in that he does do his share of defending but he should be the fourth attacker, from midfield.

The other three are almost useless as defenders, especially the two wing backs. Apart from Naismith's clangers, the back three do a reasonably good job but they are all left with a huge defensive problem by the midfield in front of them.

We need to play with two full backs who can attack rather than two attackers who are not very good at defending.

Plus a keeper who can deal with crosses in the six yard area!

• Like 2