IGNORED

Preston North End at home match thread

I'm sure plenty of people will disagree but I genuinely think Max is a better all round keeper and hope he takes his chance this time.

He definitely didnt show it last year when he came in but I saw a bit of him when he was on loan and Shrewsbury a while back and he looked very solid. Bents isnt a bad keeper, just not consistent enough with some of basics.

Also, not sure what Pring has/hasn't done to keep missing out. JD offering very little going forward at the moment is hardly a defensive colossus either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Firstyardleftinbed said:

I'm sure plenty of people will disagree but I genuinely think Max is a better all round keeper and hope he takes his chance this time.

He definitely didnt show it last year when he came in but I saw a bit of him when he was on loan and Shrewsbury a while back and he looked very solid. Bents isnt a bad keeper, just not consistent enough with some of basics.

Also, not sure what Pring has/hasn't done to keep missing out. JD offering very little going forward at the moment is hardly a defensive colossus either.

Bents is an excellent shot stopper, but his reluctance to come for crosses/corners is his Achilles heel.  Guess Max deserves another chance and it's kick up the arse for Bents that was maybe needed.

4 minutes ago, Firstyardleftinbed said:

I think Bentley is a better shot stopper and one of the few keepers who actually more often than not wins 1:1 situations - at his best he could win you a game. However he doesn't offer as much in terms of positioning and distribution. I think we will see today that Max is more of a sweeper keeper and will receive the ball almost like an outfield player at times. He allow the whole backline to move up and help break lines and give quicker distribution. I likened it before to Man city when Pep arrived and went from Hart to Bravo - hart was better in many ways, but did not let the team play the way the manager wanted. 

My starting eleven 4-4-2:

Bents

Tanner, Klose, Atkinson, Pring

Semenyo, Williams, Scott, Weimann

Wells, Conway

Hard for Vyner, Dasilva and Sykes but im sure that Semenyo and Weimann can play on the wings!
Dasilva and Sykes dont know how to score and they do far to little assist as well!

I really miss Eliasson…

The two best players this season so far is Bents and Wells!

Ok not last saturday…

Coyr!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
50 minutes ago, winsaw said:

Preston are always our bogey team in recent years, think it's going to be a hard match tonight, fingers are definitely crossed we can turn this around, got a feeling of they score first it done as they are so good a defence, hopefully city will prove me wrong and get a hat full 

Umm... We've only lost 1 of our last 7 games against them....?!

16 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

At least with Max the defenders know what to expect, the problem with Bents is he seems to take a punt on whether to come or not.

But you are dropping the better shot stopper. Real gamble hope it pays off. Never been convinced by MOL.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, daored said:

Really thought he’d shake up the wing backs to be honest 

Got to have used up all their credit, Tanner and Pring chomping, let’s hope they get in credit again. 

30 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

No HNM in the squad. Have things come to a head perhaps?

I reckon so (no ITK). I like Han but he was awful Saturday. 

25 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Agreed, perhaps this is olearys last chance before we go with bajic,,, im interested to see how he looks,,, and can he come for a cross?!

Yep, here’s your chance Max, go and take it. On paper he’s worse than Bentley, but not played on paper (nor Excel!!!) 

Evening all!   Really need a win tonight, to get out of that 18th position.  PNE, unfortunately, seem to have hit form now and will be hard to beat and with Millwall to play on Saturday, who also seem to do well against us, I think it's a must win, if only for morale. So come on boy's get us three points tonight, COYR's.

2 minutes ago, Mattredrobin said:

Wasn't it this time last season Pearson dropped Bentley or was that earlier?. I expected changes tonight but that wasn't one of them. 

Johnson dropped him before lockdown, Holden dropped him this is the 2nd time around for Pearson seeing the light 

Brentford dropped him then made a Play off final 2 years running 

Edited by Logical-City
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

Congratulations Pearson for seeing sense David Bentley now dropped 4 times in the last 3 seasons for form GET OUT of there you mug

By 3 different managers shambles 

Nice clean sheet tonight I bet

So you not only post our captains name incorrectly , with it pointed out a number of times 

But whilst insulting him , you do it again a few days later

Prize Plum.  Or.  Gas

57 minutes ago, winsaw said:

Preston are always our bogey team in recent years, think it's going to be a hard match tonight, hopefully city will prove me wrong and get a hat full 

55 minutes ago, winsaw said:

Preston are always our bogey team in recent years, think it's going to be a hard match tonight, hopefully city will prove me wrong and get a hat full 

One more and it will be a hat trick ?.

Incidentally, if you look at the stats, they are perhaps not quite the bogey team you might think....

7 minutes ago, BCFC Rich said:

I think Bentley is a better shot stopper and one of the few keepers who actually more often than not wins 1:1 situations - at his best he could win you a game. However he doesn't offer as much in terms of positioning and distribution. I think we will see today that Max is more of a sweeper keeper and will receive the ball almost like an outfield player at times. He allow the whole backline to move up and help break lines and give quicker distribution. I likened it before to Man city when Pep arrived and went from Hart to Bravo - hart was better in many ways, but did not let the team play the way the manager wanted. 

Completely agree. Hopefully Max playing the ball out quicker and more accurately helps avoid some of the errors we've seen recently trying to play out from the back

7 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

Congratulations Pearson for seeing sense David Bentley now dropped 4 times in the last 3 seasons for form GET OUT of there you mug

By 3 different managers shambles 

Nice clean sheet tonight I bet

Did you say over the weekend that Max is worse than Bentley? (Or certainly no better)

So what are you thinking tonight?

15 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Well many wanted him dropped , let’s hope they don’t regret it

As scapegoat of the day On Saturday , it means a new one will have to be found by the armchair critics tonight of course

Who dropped him? The fans or Pearson? Let’s be honest about it Bentley was shite at the weekend and can have no complaints whatsoever. Play that bad and you deserve bombing out of it.

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Who dropped him? The fans or Pearson? Let’s be honest about it Bentley was shite at the weekend and can have no complaints whatsoever. Play that bad and you deserve bombing out of it.

I think nige is going through a sensible route by bringing in the regular no 2 keeper and giving oleary his chance before moving onto bajic ,he couldn't bypass oleary as his regular no 2 now its up to max.