IGNORED

Players’ Songs & Section 82

Cardy

5 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

"We need to give our players their own song...."

"Yes, how about the Liverpool one, or the one we had for Flint...."

So that won't be their own song then.

Why is there this hang up about songs having to be original? Do you think the players really care if the song has been used somewhere else before? They just want to feel loved & confident in their surroundings. Any decent chant is better than no chant in my view - original or not.

5 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

If you were at Leeds a few years ago, 2018? you may change your mind.

We we’re 2 up at half time and still looking comfortable into the second half. Leeds were so poor the Leeds fans started joining in with our Leeds are falling apart song. Soon the whole stadium was singing and moving on to other songs, it was deafening.

All of a sudden the Leeds players, with facial expressions a mixture of embarrassment and pure rage turned into a different team and we were lucky to escape with a draw.

If the Leeds fans had walked out or stayed quiet I’m in no doubt we would have won that game comfortably.

Can second your point 

That proved it for me that atmosphere really can change the outcome of a game and we were extremely lucky that Leeds only hit the bar right at the end of the game . If Ashton gate was ever a quater as loud as Leeds were that day it would have a massive impact on the players .

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Selred said:

10% is a massive number in football terms. It's essentially more than a 1 man advantage. Don't get me wrong, good atmosphere does help, although a good atmosphere is also due to good performances on the pitch so it's a bit chicken and egg. But my main point is, it's nowhere near a 10% advantage.

Also we had a good atmosphere the week before vs Sunderland, went in 3 nil up. Us throwing away leads was not uncommon, and can't just say it was the atmosphere for the reason.

Actually ‘an extra man’ is a really interesting way of putting it. I really think it’s reasonable to suggest that if the atmosphere is crackling & the players are feeding off of it then it can be the equivalent of having an extra man on the pitch.
We’ve seen it many times before at Ashton Gate & other stadiums across the country that the home crowd can become ‘the 12th man’ leading to the saying of ‘home advantage’. Think back to the Man Utd game as an example - do you not think that in effect we were the 12th man that night?
Plus there are the psychological impacts that a partisan home crowd can have on refereeing decisions - but that’s a different topic altogether!

Edited by Cardy
  • Haha 1

New Andi Weimann song? The current ones getting a bit tedious and repetitive. Feel like because of what hes put in over the last 15 months he deserves a better one?

Ohh Nigel Said

Were Gunna play him in Centre Mid

Ohh words cant describe 

When I see him in the Red and White

His hair is fine

Scoring belters all the time

Thats why we sing this song

For Andi Weimann 

du du du du du

Obviously annotations can be made but feel it can be a good base for a chant.

On 13/10/2022 at 21:23, Cardy said:

Weimann’s is an interesting one - it’s a bit drab. We sing it a bit when he scores but not really at any other time. His confidence must be a bit down right now - I’m sure he would get such a boost from hearing his song being sung.

^^

Relevant to the other ongoing atmosphere thread - some songs what my mate and his dad thought up.

Kal Naismith- 

Rhythm is a dancer

Naismith is the answer

You can play him anywhere

Stole him from the luton

He is our solution 

Try and stop him if you dare

Woaaahhh

Kal Naismith 

Woaahhhh

You should see him in the air

Woaaahhh

Kal Naismith 

Woahhhhhh

Mark Sykes - 

I am in love

I cant deny

An irishman who plays for city called mark sykes

Hes running up 

And down the right

Hes fkn rapid and he plays in red and white

De de de de (to song)

Ross Mccrorie -

Whats the story Ross McCrorie

Wellllssssss

Need a little time to wake up wake up

Wellllsssss

Whats the story Ross McCrorie

Sam Bell - vid from 20 seconds 

From Down the road

He loves to fight

Hes born to play

In red and white

So listen close

It must be said

Just like his dad

Sam bells a red

Open to opinion of course, but could be a solid base for a few songs @James

On 14/10/2022 at 12:35, Selred said:

Also we had a good atmosphere the week before vs Sunderland, went in 3 nil up. Us throwing away leads was not uncommon, and can't just say it was the atmosphere for the reason.

Thinking back I'm not sure if was especially great even though 3 up by HT. May try and find some highlights but I'm sceptical it was that good.

One I do remember as being good and positively impacting the players was v QPR. At 11 v 11 we were goalless and dominant in a range of ways.

Baker sent off and the crowd got into it somewhat, helped to lift us and the players raised their game too. Was a bit backs to the wall and the atmosphere very much helped as we were up against it.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous