IGNORED

Well that’s it from me

Alan Dicks

6 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Today is the day I’ve finally come to the conclusion, i have zero faith in Nigel Pearson.

Ok he has had no money to spend, but we haven’t improved one single bit in any area if the park, and we’re not about to anytime soon.

Ask me who we bring in next, the answer is ???

As long as they bring with them two effective full backs / wing backs , a couple of centre halves and a dominant central midfielder as a minimum , without any expenditure , sounds an idea- we’d definitely improve 

* Some big decisions incoming through this season , these players have consistently been inconsistent , and not improved , some of them for three managers/ HCs

Ive made my mind up about a few players at least 

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Today is the day I’ve finally come to the conclusion, i have zero faith in Nigel Pearson.

Ok he has had no money to spend, but we haven’t improved one single bit in any area if the park, and we’re not about to anytime soon.

Very astute. Thanks. 

6 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

We stopped playing football after equalising and conceded a joke of a second soon after.

Klose's injury unsettled the defence and mentally we were so weak against physical opposition. That's the problem.

Pearson isn't going anywhere, but how does he get a better reaction from his players against niggly, direct opponents?

Edited by Curr Avon

14 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

OK I'll bite.

Who comes in next?

No, I’m still sticking but I’ve reached the stage where I’m really pee’d off.

It’s ****ing Millwall. Same level as us for ages, no parachute payments, smaller crowds, smaller stadium, no High Performance Centre, no shouting about their Academy…. and we get beat, at home, and yet again we’re getting beat by a faster, fitter, stronger team.

Have a word with yourselves lads and sort it out, on and off the field ffs. 

Edited by RedRock
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Robin 1

Really very poor today, struggled to pick out anyone who played well.

Their football is artless hoofing but we struggled to cope with it.

Didn’t help that the officials failed to spot a fair few dodgy challenges (you don’t end up having 2 centre backs with cut heads through coincidence) plus that ridiculous stuff on Semenyo but we do need to do better.

I’m not in the Pearson out camp, think he is far more likely to walk than get sacked at present.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 5

33 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Really?

Before the queen dies we’re playing well & getting decent results.

Preston game gets called off

Play well against Norwich & Burnley but lose.

Since then we’ve had a few dodgy results & lost Naismith bringing the ball out.

Today was crap, no question but it’s a bit soon to be burning your session ticket Alan.

Sleep on it & you’ll be fine tomorrow. As a city fan you must be fairly experienced when it comes to runs of playing badly.

Edited by Jeez
Typo
  • Like 13

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Didn’t help that the officials failed to spot a fair few dodgy challenges (you don’t end up having 2 centre backs with cut heads through coincidence) plus that ridiculous stuff on Semenyo but we do need to do better.

I’m not in the Pearson out camp, think he is far more likely to walk than get sacked at present.

I have a bad feeling that it may be imminent.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

A lot of people thought it was a good idea to get rid of Boris Johnson, be careful what you wish for

• Like 8
  • Haha 3
  • Hmmm 2
  • Robin 1

35 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

A lot of people thought it was a good idea to get rid of Boris Johnson, be careful what you wish for

It was. 

The ‘demented lollipop’ is just going to finish them off.

The reality is radical Catholic and free-marketeer Reece-Mogg is the ‘King and Policy Maker’ in the Tory Party. We’ve got to go through the process of destroying all those around him, to get rid of that t***. Only then do we start again. What a waste of people’s lives though while we wait. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

I actually think Pearson may call it quits / take an alternative role at the end of the season. The game is changing, his hands are consistently tied and he’s certainly not getting any younger. We are still some way away from him being able to operate with relative freedom. Another season of struggle beckons and I wonder whether he’ll call it quits.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks said:

I think this has been discussed a few times on the forum before, but the claim that we haven't improved at all under Pearson is simply untrue. 

Granted, that may say more about how bad we were under Holden than how good we are under Pearson, but there is clear improvement.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks said:

Come off it Alan. You got 6 years before you achieved anything.?

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

I think this has been discussed a few times on the forum before, but the claim that we haven't improved at all under Pearson is simply untrue. 

Granted, that may say more about how bad we were under Holden than how good we are under Pearson, but there is clear improvement.

The difference being that Pearson has been given a lot longer than Holden got

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

I actually think Pearson may call it quits / take an alternative role at the end of the season. The game is changing, his hands are consistently tied and he’s certainly not getting any younger. We are still some way away from him being able to operate with relative freedom. Another season of struggle beckons and I wonder whether he’ll call it quits.

This is definitely as possibility, if he doesn’t need the money. He’s had health problems and, with City’s financial position, it’s going to be a long time before City can hope to challenge for promotion. Does he love the challenge or does he think it’s time to retire and take it easy?

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

I live in hope! ?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Yeah I agree, a couple of defeats next week would see real pressure on him. Lansdown may hold off until the World Cup to give himself more time to decide but the thought will be in his head now

We’ve been on far worse runs, believed we had more money to spend and still not fired the trigger. Can’t see it. 

We were three points off the play-offs before a ball was kicked today and have played some good stuff this season. Definite signs of progress. But the squad is small with no depth, due to reasons not of NP’s making.

What I disagree with Nige on is picking an unchanged side today in the knowledge Millwall didn’t play in midweek and were therefore fresher. Fine margins, but an avoidable mistake.

Edited by tin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

I think that’s best, if he’d take a Director of Football type role where he can help with the running of the club while someone else picks the team and sorts the tactics we’d probably be better off. 

3 hours ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

1 hour ago, KegCity said:

I think that’s best, if he’d take a Director of Football type role where he can help with the running of the club while someone else picks the team and sorts the tactics we’d probably be better off. 

Would it be tough for us to justify though?

It's one thing Pearson moving to a DoF role at the end of his managerial contract, but it feels a bit different if he moves part way through his contract.

Supposedly the "early" move would be some sort of admission of failure in the manager's role. Would it look like Pearson "failing upwards"? Would Pearson be appropriate for the DoF role if he's been unable to turn us around as a manager?