IGNORED

Match Report: City return to form with stunning West Brom win

Olé

2 minutes ago, tommy_b said:

What was it like in the ground? On the red button the crowd noise from the start sounded more like a home match than away. WBA fans very quiet.  

That's what it sounded like in the ground. Although to be fair, we're stood in the middle of the City fans! But WBA were quiet - and the ground was very empty long before the end.

32 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Shame we're not in a South American league as the players seem to enjoy performing at high altitude.

Get them to walk the last 300m into the ground every game. They can park the coach up on Winterstoke Road and have a leisurely stroll…..

You know what too, even if it was...I'm pretty sporting but some of the decisions and the ludicrous 1 penalty in approaching 2 calendar years in the League, the Bennett yelllow card, the absurd Hull penalty and arguably the Sykes v Freeman debacle.

Screw it, for if it was we deserve a bit of luck from officials. We were great 1st half and had to ride some luck in the 2nd both in respect of a possible penalty (I think ball to hand) and 2 woodwork strikes, but 1 penalty for in 99 League games was it??

Nor just for either and a lack of, some of the penalty awards against us in that time have been scandalous.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

10 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Dean Ashton is it on EFL highlights?

Thinks the Atkinson appeal was a pen. I'm unsure, think it was more ball to hand etc.

Seeing it back again too, was a lovely assist by Semenyo.

Stonewall penalty. But given our luck with decisions so far this decisions it's about time one went in our favour.

• Hmmm 1

6 minutes ago, terpin said:

No photo description available.

Ticks the boxes regarding the guidance from the IFAB for me.

image.png.6aa42b7477f1793a3dae7a9fcb6848c5.png

But he didn’t make his body bigger…would’ve hit him in the face instead.

As cricketer Brian Close once said having been hit (pre-helmet days) on the head fielding at silly mid-off…where the ball ricocheted back to the bowler for a catch.

interviewer - what would’ve happened if the ball had struck you on the temple?

Close - he’d have been caught at cover instead ???

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Watching the highlights I thought maybe Semenyo's ball into Wells was looking like it might curl in. I reckon Wells has robbed Semenyo of a worldie there!

It was definitely on target, but my impression was that the keeper would likely have saved it but for Nahki's intervention.

Still a cracking strike though.

• Like 1