IGNORED

Reading away match thread

2 minutes ago, One Team said:

Possibly yes, I’d always prefer Bentley in those positions. That said we shouldn’t have been in that position, Klose was awful when trying to defend the attack. 

Klose was high up the pitch as we were chasing an equaliser unfortunately the risk is that we get done on the counter but it was the right decision by the Swiss despite the goal. 

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I’m sure the Pearson haters will be on soon,I’m not one but you have to call it for what it was today 

Its all about balance. 

We've made huge strides in numerous areas over Pearsons tenure and considering the financial limitations hes overall done OK I'd say.

However, today again showed how many basic things we are still getting wrong, which is frustrating to see from such an experienced manager

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I think you know what my point was. 

He played an unchanged team that had got it very right in midweek. Can’t really do a lot else than that can you?

You pick a team to beat the opposition,surely you must see that and you don’t keep a winning side that beat a relegation threatened side and then just hope they do the business against a team in the playoffs 

15 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Immediate thoughts……

Poor overall today.

When you have no efforts on goal the best you can get is a draw.

Max made a big save on 87 minutes to delay them doubling their lead.

City are so hit and miss and today was certainly the latter. Looked a totally different team to the one that played WBA.

Feel for the traveling fans who had nothing much to cheer.

Was pissed off I couldn't go and gave my ticket away. Now, well, I was better off working. ?

• Like 2
Just now, Wanderingred said:

I’m so worried about us. There don’t seem to be any stand out poor teams in this division like there have been in the past two seasons that have kept us away from relegation worries. Everybody seems to be picking up points…. Including us for now, but if we fall into a routine of playing like this, we are gonna be down there!

In the same way there aren’t that many standout teams either, one good stat from Robins TV is that QPR points total being top at the moment is the lowest for a number of years (although I can’t recall exactly how many he said). No one is shit enough for instant relegation and no-one is walking it.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

I’m so worried about us. There don’t seem to be any stand out poor teams in this division like there have been in the past two seasons that have kept us away from relegation worries. Everybody seems to be picking up points…. Including us for now, but if we fall into a routine of playing like this, we are gonna be down there!

Are there any teams with pending points deductions

2 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

In the same way there aren’t that many standout teams either, one good stat from Robins TV is that QPR points total being top at the moment is the lowest for a number of years (although I can’t recall exactly how many he said). No one is shit enough for instant relegation and no-one is walking it.

It`s an average league full of average teams and we are probably the most average of all of them.

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

You pick a team to beat the opposition,surely you must see that and you don’t keep a winning side that beat a relegation threatened side and then just hope they do the business against a team in the playoffs 

Imagine your angle if he’d changed the team and lost. 

I think it’s fair to say if you’re beating him with a ‘unchanged after an excellent win’ stick then you’d find a stick to beat him with regardless.

• Like 2
  • Flames 3

First half plenty of nice possession but gave the ball away too often, particularly Zak. Needed to get into more dangerous situations. Set pieces need to be better too.  2nd half was dire. 0 shots on target. 58% possession, over 300 passes and nothing at the end. We are too predictable and will struggle to finish any higher than mid table. I could do with a drink after watching that.

4 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

If City were on Strictly, their tempo would be: slow.....,slow...., slow, slow, slow.

Pretty much this. We are ponderous. We take an age to get into dangerous areas which means they are less dangerous because our opponents are all back by the time we deign to take a shot.

The marauding one-touch football of earlier in the season has vanished. 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It`s an average league full of average teams and we are probably the most average of all of them.

We are all average. What I’m worried about is that there ends up being 21 teams who are slightly more average than us…. Or should that be less average? My head hurts…..

Edited by Wanderingred
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

Are there any teams with pending points deductions

9 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Us! 

Might not be a bad season to fail if we are confident of finishing midtable or lower midtable and we are confident of neither being top 6 or so worried about the drop- and it would likely be a small or modest deduction anyway and next season we would be better placed financially moving forwards.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Mihai said:

It won't change. NP is not flexible. He is full of himself. I think every opponent manager knows what to expect from our team. I am waiting for NP to bring something new to the table.

We have players that can play wide as Midfielders not Complete Wing Backs. He can try to play other system...is not that great. 3 at the back with Klose... I don't know. When I see there at the back I would like agile and faster centre backs. How can a Klose cover such amount of space with his granny speed.

I didn't really notice in the first half but certainly for much of the second half Pearson was sat down. Curtis and ? were doing all the touchline stuff. 

Pearson was either bored, run out of ideas or couldn't give a toss. Maybe all three. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Pretty much this. We are ponderous. We take an age to get into dangerous areas which means they are less dangerous because our opponents are all back by the time we deign to take a shot.

The marauding one-touch football of earlier in the season has vanished. 

I couldn't understand why we took off Semenyo and Wells. The problem was the service to them was non-existent. A player like Semenyo will always give you a chance if you play to his feet. Sadly, when those two went off it was back to the charge of the shite brigade. Balaclava anyone?

Edited by Curr Avon
  • Like 3