IGNORED

Jekyll and Hyde, but...

PFree

3 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Absolutely.  The squad doesn’t explain the inconsistency.  We beat West Brom comfortably on Tuesday, doing a real job on them.  So how do you explain today?  They should hardly need motivating, but if they do then whose job is that?

All I ask is that our players give maximum effort in every match they play, and I don’t see that being the case.  The fact is that Pearson seems sadly unable to get the best out of them week in week out, which is I’m afraid a damning indictment of him as a manager.

Am I the only one who didn’t find Tuesday “comfortable”? 

They hit the woodwork twice, laid siege to our 18 years box for a good spell in the second half and hit double figures in corners. If (aunties/uncles yeah yeah) they had a frontline they’d of had a field day. Surely I was not alone in bricking it during the last 20 minutes? We did a job but it wasn’t comfortable. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, PFree said:

We all know we are in deep shit financially and gradually working our way through a very difficult period before we can invest once again in the team.

We have a lot of freebies and more players heading out of contract too, transition absolutely applies to us.

Its an emotional game though, and after a great away win at West Brom, we return to ground today with a real bump.

My point though is that despite a real lack consistency, we are ahead of a lot of much bigger clubs, many with significant history including time in the Premiership? Contentious but Sunderland, Watford, Stoke, Middlesbrough, West Brom, Ipswich, Derby, Sheffield Wednesday etc., you can argue many should be well ahead of us.

After last season, a top half finish for me would be real progress, okay 12th at the moment but despite everything that has gone on, when we clear more who don’t want to be here, we can build again?

Hard after today but stay with it, we will get there...

Great post. Be careful though because you may get accused of happy clapping :laugh:.

I said in the match day thread I believe that Pearson is essential to the ongoing development of our younger players and  the longer term aspirations of our club. Those that make the team are learning and growing stronger game by game. 

Up the City.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1