IGNORED

Naismith

Negan

Sorry if it’s been said and I’ve missed it but I thought Nige said it was a 10 day injury? Jesus wept we need him back in the defence. Don’t rate Klose at all, he can do a job but don’t think he should be starting consecutive games. Be great to see Kalas and Naismith back there, hopefully sometime soon. 

It’s all about opinions, but I think we need Kalas back to play with Atkinson and Vyner. With the number of goals being conceded we need some solidity at the back. Naismith has played in just about every position, except goalkeeper, so play him as a defensive midfielder 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Very frequent of City in recent times. If they say short term or 10 days or anything of the like, just assume 6 months.

Yeah they were a lot more open and clear about things when Nige first took over as it was a problem highlighted by the fans we felt left in the dark over certain stuff. End of the day we have the right to know how long our players are out for. If he’s out until after the World Cup just come out and say it. Lifts pressure off the likes of Klose then as we know he’s all we’ve got. 

Just now, pongo88 said:

It’s all about opinions, but I think we need Kalas back to play with Atkinson and Vyner. With the number of goals being conceded we need some solidity at the back. Naismith has played in just about every position, except goalkeeper, so play him as a defensive midfielder 

Naismith made mistakes granted but he was Luton’s best defender in a play off finishing team. We can see his quality, he’s a good defender imo and we are A LOT better with him in the team, when he was playing we actually looked some what decent. Now we look like poverty ?. Think he’d be even better with Kalas alongside him. 

Nige said in the week it was thought to be a 10 dayer but it has taken longer.  What does he do, play Naismith to suit the whims of a few fans?

Nobody seems to be moaning Kalas came back ahead of 99% on here, who’d decided in their heads when Nige said “Oct / Nov” that meant after the World Cup.

Keep some balance!

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

I can see the logic in Naismith in dm position. It is asking him to do another position change late in his career though. I also think if it were to happen it would make sense to just go with a 4 at back formation like 433 or 4231. Think that may complicate things as we have been in this 523 formation for well over a year now. Other teams have done it but risky 

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

I can see the logic in Naismith in dm position. It is asking him to do another position change late in his career though. I also think if it were to happen it would make sense to just go with a 4 at back formation like 433 or 4231. Think that may complicate things as we have been in this 523 formation for well over a year now. Other teams have done it but risky 

Asking a squad of players to change playing formation radically half way through a season is certainly risky.  Better teams than us have looked dreadful because of that.  Did you see Liverpool trying to play 4-4-2 today??

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Asking a squad of players to change playing formation radically half way through a season is certainly risky.  Better teams than us have looked dreadful because of that.  Did you see Liverpool trying to play 4-4-2 today??

Yes that was awful. Think we switched early last season to what it is now though? I don’t think I would do it now. Maybe during WC break we could though? Only Semenyo away and imagine even with some holiday will be a good two weeks to work on something different if it was wanted. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Hopefully Vyner will be back on the bench when Naismith and Kalas return. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Negan said:

Naismith made mistakes granted but he was Luton’s best defender in a play off finishing team. We can see his quality, he’s a good defender imo and we are A LOT better with him in the team, when he was playing we actually looked some what decent. Now we look like poverty ?. Think he’d be even better with Kalas alongside him. 

@Neganthat might well be true but:

Didn’t he have someone in behind him to make up for his defensive frailties &

Ever wonder why no one else came in for him?

Defensively - and bear in mind we sit first row behind the goal - he’s poor. He might well look reasonably solid bringing the ball forward but defensively he’s poor. 

And when he’s brought the ball out and it breaks down - as it so often did - those defensive frailties became even more apparent.

Play K or K behind Kal and it might work but Kal doing what he did earlier in the season ain’t the answer.

• Like 1

To be honest, until today Klose had made us look a lot more secure at the back.

He was mugged for 2nd gol but he will always be woefully exposed on pace if we are pushing everyone up. 

I’ll be glad to get Naismith back as although he will cost us games, he also sets the tone for our performances and seems to make Scott and several others better players. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Negan said:

Sorry if it’s been said and I’ve missed it but I thought Nige said it was a 10 day injury? Jesus wept we need him back in the defence. Don’t rate Klose at all, he can do a job but don’t think he should be starting consecutive games. Be great to see Kalas and Naismith back there, hopefully sometime soon. 

Need his passing that’s for sure

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Hopefully Vyner will be back on the bench when Naismith and Kalas return. 

Great logic there. Drop a player who has arguably been our best defender and replace him with a bloke directly responsible for giving away 6 goals this season. 

Half term by any chance? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Nige said in the week it was thought to be a 10 dayer but it has taken longer.  What does he do, play Naismith to suit the whims of a few fans?

Nobody seems to be moaning Kalas came back ahead of 99% on here, who’d decided in their heads when Nige said “Oct / Nov” that meant after the World Cup.

Keep some balance!

Keep some balance?  No one can say you're not an optimist.

16 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Keep some balance!

Absolutely, our availability record has markedly improved since Rennie joined, but that doesn’t stop nonsense like the post above & moaning about every single absence, even though every team has them & ours I’ll wager is now nearer the bottom than the top for this division.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Be very surprised if Klose isn’t dropped for him for Saturday (if fit)

Why, Pete?

he got exposed for pace on the break a couple of times as we chased a result?  Otherwise he was decent enough, wasn’t he?  Possibly gonna be the first time all 5 CBs are fit for selection this coming match.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Why, Pete?

he got exposed for pace on the break a couple of times as we chased a result?  Otherwise he was decent enough, wasn’t he?  Possibly gonna be the first time all 5 CBs are fit for selection this coming match.

I thought he was very poor personally. Naismith is key to how we play, adds to our set pieces massively and Pearson will want a reason to put him back in. Can’t see it being Atkinson or Vyner who’s dropped so only leaves him imo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

I thought he was very poor personally. Naismith is key to how we play, adds to our set pieces massively and Pearson will want a reason to put him back in. Can’t see it being Atkinson or Vyner who’s dropped so only leaves him imo

I agree btw, just wondered.

What you really want is two aerially dominant CBs either side of Kal.  We may see that next Saturday.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Why, Pete?

I thought he was quite poor, misplaced passes, struggled with the strength of their strikers as well as pace. I thought it was one of his worst games. All about opinions though. He seemed to win his share of headers but looked off to me.

I'd expect Naismith to play U21s this week or get some match somewhere before going in, but I think we need him back. I would be tempted to play Kalas for Vyner, I don't think Kalas can play central, the way we need a CB to play. Vyner has been good and brings the ball out well but his distribution was very poor, didn't help Sykes playing below his levels too.

On 23/10/2022 at 03:19, Davefevs said:

Keep some balance!

Exactly, NP cannot change the extent of injuries, it is what it is :thumbsup:.