IGNORED

FBC POD: Reading [A] the verdict - you've heard it all before

headhunter

54 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Probably because you are as negative as them

Theres no debate with the main 3

Its Ian Gays broadcast , whilst being constantly rude and obnoxious ,whilst Dave tries to keep some control and if Mark speaks he regularly gets told not to interrupt or gets talked over 

Yeah probably. 

1 hour ago, red colin said:

It's good to listen to other people also fans who are just as entitled to their views as anyone on here.i for one agree with lots and disagree with lots .that's what it's about 

I listen to everyone of their podcasts and enjoy all of them. 

Those who slag Ian off tend to just tow the party line without thinking for themselves, people are allowed different opinions and no one forces you to listen

Keep up the good work dave and all, you are appreciated by some we just done all shout from the rooftops like the dissenters on here

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OddBallJim said:

Don’t get the bashing of FBC at all really on this forum.

I think Mark and Neil are normally a good listen. Davefevs brings a different perspective, and having Chris Honour come on the previous pod was a welcome voice and opinion.

Ian is not to everyone’s tastes, and the episodes where it’s just him and Dave P (which are fairly rare) aren’t as engaging I find.  But in general it’s my go to of the 3 fans podcasts that are out there. Dave P does a good job of hosting.

It’s the most of the 3 pods which is like a fans phone in and I quite like that ??????

If it’s out there as a public broadcast you are going to get opinions. I listen because it’s City related. I disagree with some of the views as much as I may agree. Mark Ashton used to do my swede in but I also couldn’t get enough of his self indulgent BS and oddly enjoyed listening to his interviews. They were cringey, Brent esq. Ian has this too - I do find him quite fascinating ? 

Do enjoy the balance when Neil is on and when Chris Honor appears. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Those who slag Ian off tend to just tow the party line without thinking for themselves, people are allowed different opinions and no one forces you to listen

Keep up the good work dave and all, you are appreciated by some we just done all shout from the rooftops like the dissenters on here

I'm certainly not one who tows the party line yet I find Ian incredibly hard to listen to. 

I used to switch off RB when he came on and only sometimes listen to this. 

I feel Ian would be better off if he just had his own Pod where he can waffle away to himself. 

• Haha 1

Great podcast, good range of opinions and perspectives. Enjoy listening to pretty much every episode, and it’s good to hear some different views on performances whether I agree with them or not. No one wants to live in an echo chamber…  except for some posters on here.  

Many thanks Dave, Mark, Ian,  Eli, Dave F and other contributors, please keep up the good work. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, frenchred said:

You would be a perfect addition with your negativity 

Little challenge / question  ....... when ........how long ago ..........was your last positive post about anything Bristol City ?

?

Edited by Sheltons Army

11 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

You would be a perfect addition with your negativity 

Little challenge / question  ....... when ........how long ago ..........was your last positive post about anything Bristol City ?

?

Earlier in the season when we were playing well, nothing to be positive about at the moment. 

You happy with the shite being served up at the moment? 

1 hour ago, frenchred said:

Earlier in the season when we were playing well, nothing to be positive about at the moment. 

You happy with the shite being served up at the moment? 

I’m not so sure that is true ,

and even if it was , everyone is p’d off when we perform poorly , but for some , they only post negativity , no balance or praise of anything good or positive 

IIRC you were actually comparing Pearson to Barton not long back , because he was p’d off with officials 

If that’s not a pre loaded agenda , I’m not sure what is

Few points on this weeks episode.

Stop banging the table when you’re making points, you may not even hear it when you do it live, but it comes through so loud on the podcast

Ians clicking a pen or doing whatever it is comes through really loud on the pod as well. 

As for content, everyone has differing opinions etc so people can’t be criticised for having one.
However Marks ‘Millwall don’t have a pot to piss in’ is wrong. They spent over £2m on the striker, signed Afobe & honeyman both on wages above our level now and paid a decent amount on loans for Styles, Shackleton & Creswell.  QPR have also spent money down the Loan/ free transfer route that we just don’t have.
Ians point about not trusting Pearson with money/ squad rebuild, is one I don’t really disagree with, however it was ruined by the rude interaction when Mark joined in the conversation. 
The Pearson’s rule of having to have a 10 play towards the end was also wrong, it’s been a flat 3 for WBA & Reading.

Agree with Ian’s point that it’s time for the ‘WSM’ again. Something has to change and I wouldn’t be against that.

The podcast is usually done immediately after a game and all 3 regulars are passionate about the club so some of the more outlandish stuff like, give me an hour and I’ll create better set pieces & marks never wear the shirts comment last week can be put down to that! It’s a podcast that sits more on the negative scale compared to the other 2 but that’s ok, it’s nice to have a little variety! 

I know it sounds like I’m moaning, just pointing out a few pod etiquette issues and a few facts. Keep up the good work, takes a lot of time and commitment to do one after every game so it should be commended whether you like Ian or not!!!

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

Should also add @super slick, Millwall signed a Dutch winger while not one of the top clubs, still the Eredivisie. Midtable side at that, Flemming. Transfermarkt said he cost £2.25m!

Dunno if he was bargain basement but perhaps more expensive than free signings from League 1!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

and even if it was , everyone is p’d off when we perform poorly , but for some , they only post negativity , no balance or praise of anything good or positive 

IIRC you were actually comparing Pearson to Barton not long back , because he was p’d off with officials 

I’m sure, it isn’t true.

He’s of course entitled to his opinion but it’s been a relentlessly negative one whilst Pearson has been in charge.

7 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

That's a pee loaded agenda. I was on the gas topic when everyone was calling Barton all the names under the sun because he had a go at officials. But Pearson did exactly the same and he was a hero. 

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Nothing positive v West Brom one game back, or PNE three games back?

West brom ill give you was a very positive evenings work, Preston was OK nothing spectacular. 

All goes to ratshit if you can't back it up with a positive performance after (not necessarily result) 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Davefevs said:

That’s the Championship though.

13 hours ago, frenchred said:

the results are the championship, the performances are Bristol City!

It's an interesting one this, kind of agree with bits of each.

On the one hand yes it is the Championship, totally get it- the competitiveness, the unpredictability etc. Plus opposition negating and counteracting our best laid plans as we did to Preston and WBA. We are also still in transition and austerity. Very much NP IN!

Otoh, even if we get outplayed or negated some games it feels like we are lax or don't get started. Thinking in particular Birmingham and Reading away, but also Millwall at home and parts of the 1st half v QPR at home. We weren't bang at it in these IMO, the rest sure you can win, lose, be outplayed etc but you have to be right at it from the off as a starting point.

22 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's an interesting one this, kind of agree with bits of each.

On the one hand yes it is the Championship, totally get it- the competitiveness, the unpredictability etc. Plus opposition negating and counteracting our best laid plans as we did to Preston and WBA. We are also still in transition and austerity. Very much NP IN!

Otoh, even if we get outplayed or negated some games it feels like we are lax or don't get started. Thinking in particular Birmingham and Reading away, but also Millwall at home and parts of the 1st half v QPR at home. We weren't bang at it in these IMO, the rest sure you can win, lose, be outplayed etc but you have to be right at it from the off as a starting point.

All fair points.  I’m just wondering what Blackburn, Luton, Preston (etc) fans thought of their team’s performances against us this season.  There is such a mix of teams in terms of styles, albeit plenty of squads of not dissimilar ability, you can see why we (and others) get swings in results.

As the league continues to take shape:

9CFC79F4-F933-4B65-8502-E575157874F5.thumb.jpeg.ecb499e4f6a9bf12ff53da8ff75f4d1a.jpeg

taking the league into three chunks, you can see that we are in about the right place.  Generally getting a good points return against the bottom 8, not many against the top 8, and holding our own in the middle 8, of which we are one.

Improvements to be made, for sure.  In slightly poorer form in our last half of games than first half, but also 6 points in last 4…albeit the losses were poor(er) performances which is frustrating.  But even Reading (a) was nowhere near as bad as Brum (a).  For me we should never see a Brum type performance, but I accept there will be days where we don’t click, look a bit sterile.

• Like 3

Just listened to the 3 Peaps in a podcast review of the Reading game. In my opinion the views expressed by the contributors were broadly similar to that expressed on FBC. Spoke at length about our pitiful set piece delivery, shocking defending of set pieces, our dreadful lack of positive consistency of performance or progress under Pearson and comparisons with other clubs similar to ourselves. After listening to 3 Peaps I believe that perhaps FBC should no longer be considered the outlier for perceived negativity (I believe it to be realism not negativity) when discussing and reviewing City games.  

52 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

Just listened to the 3 Peaps in a podcast review of the Reading game. In my opinion the views expressed by the contributors were broadly similar to that expressed on FBC. Spoke at length about our pitiful set piece delivery, shocking defending of set pieces, our dreadful lack of positive consistency of performance or progress under Pearson and comparisons with other clubs similar to ourselves. After listening to 3 Peaps I believe that perhaps FBC should no longer be considered the outlier for perceived negativity (I believe it to be realism not negativity) when discussing and reviewing City games.  

Did they say they could produce better set piece defending after an hours coaching?  For me it’s not really the negativity, it’s the arrogance and rudeness mainly and also that opinions that are given based on incorrect information, which is less frequent than the two aforementioned gripes to be fair 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Did they say they could produce better set piece defending after an hours coaching?  For me it’s not really the negativity, it’s the arrogance and rudeness mainly and also that opinions that are given based on incorrect information, which is less frequent than the two aforementioned gripes to be fair 

in all honesty looking at our dreadful set pieces i reckon you could do better as well!

Really grateful to all those on this thread who have come to our defence to counter those [you know who you are!] who pile in with all the criticism which is in the main aimed at Ian who is without doubt a marmite character. If you don't like the sound of his voice don't listen and that applies to a posse of those for whom I have to chuckle at the fact that Ian is living rent free in your heads!!

A particular thank you to aa_bcfc for this

15 hours ago, aa_bcfc said:

17 hours ago, aa_bcfc said:

Was that the first time you had listened to 3 Peaps ? Just wondering as this weeks guest was overly critical and clearly in the NP out camp. He did waffle on a bit saying at least 5 words when one would have sufficed. I thought Patch was his usual 'balanced' self whilst Matt fully explained why he wouldn't be bothered whether Pearson stayed or went. He was a bit angrier than usual and the player ratings (although valid) showed that. There is no perceived negativity on FBC it's there in plain sight.

Last weeks episode of FBC was titled for mark. On the forum he posts a thread titled Pearson Must stay, yet doesn't say a word in his defence on the pod.

Edited by Sir Geoff
extra text