IGNORED

FBC POD: Reading [A] the verdict - you've heard it all before

headhunter

https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/reading-a-the-verdict-you-ve-heard-it-all-before/  [also on Google, Spotify & Apple]

Ian, Mark & Dave P review the action from Reading. Naturally disappointed after the good win at WBA and feeling very downbeat without being knee jerk in our reaction.

We're worried about the falling value of our stars and had no inside knowledge when recording at 6 PM that Gould was going to be on his way!!!

10 hours ago, headhunter said:

https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/reading-a-the-verdict-you-ve-heard-it-all-before/  [also on Google, Spotify & Apple]

Ian, Mark & Dave P review the action from Reading. Naturally disappointed after the good win at WBA and feeling very downbeat without being knee jerk in our reaction.

We're worried about the falling value of our stars and had no inside knowledge when recording at 6 PM that Gould was going to be on his way!!!

Please , please , please why comments are made about no trust in Pearson, no trust in his coaching staff etc is there not a suggestion put forward. If an opinion is the manager needs to go then whoever has that view must have an idea of who to bring in. 

10 minutes ago, daored said:

Please , please , please why comments are made about no trust in Pearson, no trust in his coaching staff etc is there not a suggestion put forward. If an opinion is the manager needs to go then whoever has that view must have an idea of who to bring in. 

Because that opens it up to scrutiny.

Whether you are pro or anti Pearson, someone suggesting Dyche or Wilder just reveals you are completely delusional.

Suggesting the likely candidates like the ex FRG chap sacked by Watford or Jason Euell shows that you understand the difficult circumstances we currently operate in.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Because that opens it up to scrutiny.

Whether you are pro or anti Pearson, someone suggesting Dyche or Wilder just reveals you are completely delusional.

Suggesting the likely candidates like the ex FRG chap sacked by Watford or Jason Euell shows that you understand the difficult circumstances we currently operate in.

Correct , if you make a statement bloke I would sack Pearson you need a solution , whilst we may not have a final say in the decision we all have an opinion. IF Pearson goes for me we’re looking at a candidate like Ainsworth, based on what he did with Wycombe on a small budget which we’re working with. Can you imagine the reaction if he or someone similar came in as our manager. 

2 hours ago, daored said:

Correct , if you make a statement bloke I would sack Pearson you need a solution , whilst we may not have a final say in the decision we all have an opinion. IF Pearson goes for me we’re looking at a candidate like Ainsworth, based on what he did with Wycombe on a small budget which we’re working with. Can you imagine the reaction if he or someone similar came in as our manager. 

Whether we like Pearson or not, he's here to stay unless we're adrift in the relegation zone - which is highly unlikely. I liken this period to Dicks' time in charge. Bugger all money to spend, but the eventual creation of a sound recruitment policy and a flourishing youth set up reaped promotion to Division One.

We'll just have to be patient.

Edited by Curr Avon
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, BasSavage88 said:

Had to turn off again the ******* banging the desk and clicking pen 

I still can’t fathom after all these episodes the team haven’t adopted the most basic of voice/conferencing etiquette of going on mute when not talking. It makes for a very hard listen and detracts from what is normally really good discussion.

4 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Whether we like Pearson or not, he's here to stay unless we're adrift in the relegation zone - which is highly unlikely. I liken this period to Dicks' time in charge. Bugger all money to spend, but the eventual creation of a sound recruitment policy and a flourishing youth set up reaped promotion to Division One.

Agreed. 

Dicks was before my time, but we have to say the course with this, barring disaster of course. I'm still very much NP in.

• Like 1

I keep listening wondering whether either of the two assistants actually react to Ian Gay speaking to them like a couple of irrelevant laccys

As usual we get at least one ‘ Don’t interrupt Mark ‘.....before he talks across and interrupts both for the whole and every pod

The level of Rudeness and arrogance is priceless

’I could produce better set pieces in an hour’  ?

Other than car crash appeal , it’s only worth listening to for content , when Neil , Les or Fevs are involved 

Good hour of rants though ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, daored said:

Why? 

Not our job to appoint a successor, that will always fall to the lansdown who will no doubt **** up again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Curr Avon said:

I agree with your comments above and the Dicks period was before my time. On the podcast somebody said Pearson should have been sacked last season and should be sacked now. Another on the panel challenged the person who made the comment but was not given a reply 

One thing I would agree with , is the comfy culture at the club. Been in place too long but that comes from the top 

Edited by daored

14 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Why? 

Not our job to appoint a successor, that will always fall to the lansdown who will no doubt **** up again. 

I think if you have a view of replacing someone then it isn’t unreasonable to say ‘x’ as a replacement. If you believe there should be a change , then you must have a solution ? But agree the Lansdowns picking a new manager is a dread!!

5 hours ago, daored said:

Don’t agree. There is a group of people at Ashton Gate whose job it is to plan for the future, that should include having a plan if the manager leaves or is sacked. As a fan I can say what I want but it’s irrelevant. We have a very narrow view of who might be available or achievable. 
I’m not advocating it but for years Watford have changed their manager sometimes several times a season. It hasn’t done them much harm. I wonder how many of their fans would have predicted their managers. Prior to their Premiere League promotions they were a club of similar size as us. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Interesting comparison?   But i believe the world of football, and the world in general were completely different places, 48 years ago?  So suggesting we draw a correlation between the two different eras is faintly absurd IMHO,  maybe we should just re - recruit   Mr Dicks, i mean he is   only 88 years old?

2 hours ago, daored said:

I agree with your comments above and the Dicks period was before my time. On the podcast somebody said Pearson should have been sacked last season and should be sacked now. Another on the panel challenged the person who made the comment but was not given a reply 

One thing I would agree with , is the comfy culture at the club. Been in place too long but that comes from the top 

You are quite right, and despite   all their bluster and over the top knee jerking.........they ARE perfectly correct about that, as we are a comfortable club, with comfortable footballer's, earning very comfortable wages, who comfortably lack passion and motivation..........and   who on occasions appear to NOT give a comfortable Pheck?  Which personally, makes me very uncomfortable? ?

Edited by maxjak
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

…and if so, did you make that point on the pod?  If so, what was the response?

54 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

We have a very narrow view of who might be available or achievable. 

But that is why on a forum or a pod, if you word it like…”I would like us to go and get someone like [insert name] because….x, y, and z]” then you give credibility to why you might want Pearson gone.  If your inserted name is Dyche, Moyes, etc, your credibility is lost too.

Someone progressive like, Paul Warne (now Derby), Liam Rosenior, Matt Taylor (now Rotherham), etc, shows you have a grasp of the situation / reality.

Someone like Nigel Pearson, an experienced manager, out of work to continue a rebuild, shows you have a grasp of the situation / reality.  Dyche is not who I’m thinking of here, he’s still PL capable.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

Blimey based on the responses I’m surprised anyone bothers to listen to the podcast. For what it’s worth I enjoy listening to it and must be the only one. 

It's good to listen to other people also fans who are just as entitled to their views as anyone on here.i for one agree with lots and disagree with lots .that's what it's about 

• Like 1

Don’t get the bashing of FBC at all really on this forum.

I think Mark and Neil are normally a good listen. Davefevs brings a different perspective, and having Chris Honour come on the previous pod was a welcome voice and opinion.

Ian is not to everyone’s tastes, and the episodes where it’s just him and Dave P (which are fairly rare) aren’t as engaging I find.  But in general it’s my go to of the 3 fans podcasts that are out there. Dave P does a good job of hosting.

It’s the most of the 3 pods which is like a fans phone in and I quite like that ??????

• Like 4

1 hour ago, aa_bcfc said:

Blimey based on the responses I’m surprised anyone bothers to listen to the podcast. For what it’s worth I enjoy listening to it and must be the only one. 

Probably because you are as negative as them

Theres no debate with the main 3

Its Ian Gays broadcast , whilst being constantly rude and obnoxious ,whilst Dave tries to keep some control and if Mark speaks he regularly gets told not to interrupt or gets talked over 

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 1