IGNORED

Banter with bruce

Oh Louie louie

So, Grobbelaar was first accused of match fixing in November 1994. 
At that time he was at Southampton and didn’t play a fixture against Bristol City in that season  

He played for Plymouth in the 96/97 season. We played a 0-0 draw at Home Park on 19 October 1996. Bruce played in this match and there were a number of fans in the away end who were waving money at him. I can definitely confirm that, as I was there.  

In the return fixture at Ashton Gate, on 26th April 1997, Bruce didn’t play. Here are the goals from that game. Bruce is not the goalie. 

So, it is possible that someone was handing out fake tenners in the East End that day, but they would never have been able to wave them at Bruce, as he wasn’t playing. 

In summary, cash was waved at Bruce at Home Park, but definitely not at Ashton Gate, as he wasn’t playing. 

Edited by Harry
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Harry said:

So, it is possible that someone was handing out fake tenners in the East End that day, but they would never have been able to wave them at Bruce, as he wasn’t playing. 

In summary, cash was waved at Bruce at Home Park, but definitely not at Ashton Gate, as he wasn’t playing. 

The OP mentions the whole of the EastEnd waving tenners at him.

Unless it was away fans waving tenners at their own goalkeeper that wouldn’t have been us in 97. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Well you have just dissed and destroyed the childhood memory of the OP. You #$@$#.

Who's next in your sights @Harry, the Tooth Fairy, Father Christmas, the Easter Bunny???? 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Mad Cyril said:

Well you have just dissed and destroyed the childhood memory of the OP. You #$@$#.

Who's next in your sights @Harry, the Tooth Fairy, Father Christmas, the Easter Bunny???? 

Tooth fairy? Father Christmas? Easter Bunny? 
Who are these people you mention? I’ve never heard of them. Did they also play for Plymouth? Was it when Warnock was there? I can’t imagine someone known as a fairy or bunny would have played under Warnock! 

• Like 1