IGNORED

Back Home In Bristol- The Dreadnoughts

candygram for mongo

I usually get to my seat about 30 seconds before kick off but today I was in there a lot earlier.

I was really pleased to hear “Back Home In Bristol” blaring out approx 10 minutes before kick off, was this the first time this song has been played or have I missed it due to my tardiness?

Also, could the words be put up on the screen so this song could be a new and welcome anthem, (the “I can’t read & write song is a total embarrassment)

• Like 10
  • Robin 1

So good to hear this at last yesterday; been saying for a while that it would be great to adopt this, OK the band is not UK but some of the words are just “us” (cider, Bristol, West Country men all in a few lines) Too good to miss IMO.  Need to get the fans singing it though.

Sounded a bit muffled in the Dolman but could have been just the old Tandy speakers, was it clear from elsewhere?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ZumerZetSmithy said:

I was in South stand I guess what . Yes could not here . Loved the songs on here yesterday.  I might of missed it there . Can someone put a link here . Me and tech don't work 

I have heard it before  now that I listen on you tube.  Get them on the stage outside the south stand  or open the new arena 

• Like 2

This HAS to be adopted as our song?  Palace have "Sad all over"   Liverpool obviously "Walk Alone"   and the Gas, some song about a misguided tart.  Not to mention many of other's.      As much as i love Drink Up thee Zider, we need something that stirs the blood, and this song definitely achieves that.   ........          Come on Section 82, sort it out..........Please!  PS Maybe they could club together and hire a fiddle player to join them, and get them started?  Ha!

Edited by maxjak
  • Like 3

Something familiar about some of the lyrics!?

“Well I wish I were back home in Bristol again
Arraising a cider with West Countrymen
Rolling in the arms of the the fair Katy Wren
Back Home in Bristol again

We'll knock the milk churns over
And we'll roll them in the clover
The corn's half cut and so be we (The corn's half cut and so be we)
Alright”

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Med/MadHatter said:

Bloody great band, still can't wrap my head around them being Canadian and even knowing where Bristol is!

Bristol is a municipality in the Ottawa Valley, on the Quebec side in the Outaouais region, part of the Pontiac Regional County Municipality, Quebec, Canada.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, East End Old Boy said:

Something familiar about some of the lyrics!?

“Well I wish I were back home in Bristol again
Arraising a cider with West Countrymen
Rolling in the arms of the the fair Katy Wren

We'll knock the milk churns over
And we'll roll them in the clover
The corn's half cut and so be we (The corn's half cut and so be we)
Alright”

Could easily adapt it slightly to a chant in the stand too. 

1 hour ago, 22A said:

Bristol is a municipality in the Ottawa Valley, on the Quebec side in the Outaouais region, part of the Pontiac Regional County Municipality, Quebec, Canada.

40 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

It just might refer to the town of Bristol in Canada ?

I thought that, there are also multiple places called Bristol in New England and a indycar racetrack in Florida. But having listened and watched the video, there's not much doubt it's our own fair city. 

• Like 4