IGNORED

Back Home In Bristol- The Dreadnoughts

candygram for mongo

3 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

It just might refer to the town of Bristol in Canada ?

Yep the well known Canadian town, where "Drink up Zee Zider" echoes through the Tundra?..........and Moose drink Cider all day and night?  ?   Clever of them to build a replica of Stokes Croft?

Edited by maxjak
  • Haha 7

4 hours ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

Some people just post the opposite of everyone else for attention. 

In a way this thread sums up OTIB. The Dreadnoughts are a well known band to some on the forum  but, equally, completely unknown to, possibly, the majority City fans. Now suddenly it’s the song to play before every match! It’s a Canadian band with a reference to Cider thrown in.  No more, no less 

13 hours ago, Med/MadHatter said:

Bloody great band, still can't wrap my head around them being Canadian and even knowing where Bristol is!

Bristol is a principality in Canada - near to Quebec I think. 

It’s a high tempo song with interesting lyrics tho - sort of song that could be playing in the dressing room when players are warming up.

Edited by Robbored

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s a high tempo song with interesting lyrics tho - sort of song that could be playing in the dressing room when players are warming up.

Not relevant though as it’s about our Bristol.

What would be the point of playing music in the dressing room while the players are on the pitch warming up?

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It's about our Bristol...quote...

It was really, really, really hard. For example, we started developing this great song about Bristol and how much we love drinking real English west country cider, and quickly realized that it couldn’t possibly go on the album.  But, undaunted, we decided to integrate those themes with the war.  The result is “Back Home in Bristol,” a song about a soldier about to be executed for cowardice, thinking of his home in the west country and wishing he was there just once more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Not relevant though as it’s about our Bristol.

What would be the point of playing music in the dressing room while the players are on the pitch warming up?

What? You don’t think that players warm up to music in the dressing room?  Of course they do. A high tempo tune like “Back home in Bristol” would be ideal to enthuse the players - back in the days of Buster Footman the players warmed up to classics like “ Roll out the Barrel”…………..:cool2:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

What? You don’t think that players warm up to music in the dressing room?  Of course they do. A high tempo tune like “Back home in Bristol” would be ideal to enthuse the players - back in the days of Buster Footman the players warmed up to classics like “ Roll out the Barrel”…………..:cool2:

You are correct RR...most teams have music playing in the changing rooms to get them fired up...even at amateur level.

Stoke tweeted a while back about the Welsh music coming out of Swansea's dressing room and taking the piss

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

Yep, I know,and it's roughly halfway between Vancouver where the Dreadnoughts come from and Our Bristol, watch the video, it's Our Bristol they sing about, along with the reverence of Cider, they also appeared at Ciderfest last Summer, they love our West Country 

• Like 1

I was having a chat with them on Messenger earlier, they would love to have a video of their song being played at Ashton Gate to put on their website, they are seriously humbled and proud that it was played before the Swansea game, hopefully it will happen on Tuesday and somebody manages to record it for them, Cheers me Babs

• Like 3

11 hours ago, maxjak said:

This HAS to be adopted as our song?  Palace have "Sad all over"   Liverpool obviously "Walk Alone"   and the Gas, some song they nicked from Plymouth Argyle about a misguided tart.  Not to mention many of other's.      As much as i love Drink Up thee Zider, we need something that stirs the blood, and this song definitely achieves that.   ........          Come on Section 82, sort it out..........Please!  PS Maybe they could club together and hire a fiddle player to join them, and get them started?  Ha!

Edited to reflect their M O.