IGNORED

Rugby autumn internationals

Kid in the Riot

Still bemused by the lenient punishment  for Owen Farrell after his shoulder to head challenge in a recent match. A medium danger offence normally earning a 6 match ban is commuted to a 4 match ban and reduced to 3 matches if he attends and completes his "anger management" course! Very conveniently this will allow him to play in the six nations! Would this happen to any other player?

Still not convinced that Farrell is the best player to be captain, on the right day he can be brilliant but he is also suspect tactically and if kicking badly will not give the kicking responsibility to another player. 

1 hour ago, MichaelRobartes said:

The length of the contract surprised me a bit but if they were going to leave Rennie go it was perfect timing to get Eddie in.

How the hell he has blagged a 5 year deal is beyond me. You would have also thought the RFU would have some clause about not joining a rival until after the WC 2023. He will also be in charge of AUS for the next Lions tour in 2025.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

How the hell he has blagged a 5 year deal is beyond me. You would have also thought the RFU would have some clause about not joining a rival until after the WC 2023. He will also be in charge of AUS for the next Lions tour in 2025.

I thought I read they had at the time, but evidently not. Either that or there's been some arrangement where he's agreed to forgo some of his severance package for taking it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I thought I read they had at the time, but evidently not. Either that or there's been some arrangement where he's agreed to forgo some of his severance package for taking it.

Probably. Amazing how a 62 year old coach who has failed with England has such high stock value. 'Stralia must be desperate.

Onwards and upwards.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2023/jan/16/rfu-did-not-block-eddie-jones-joining-australia-for-legal-moral-reasons-england?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

I think this is good from the RFU. Fair play to them. To be fair, if they didn't want Eddie coaching England anymore, they shouldn't be bothered about him coaching someone else.

• Like 2