IGNORED

Lincoln City at home Carabao Cup third-round match thread

Jerseybean

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Not at all. He clearly isn't signing a contract so **** him. Same with Bentley. We've got enough on the bench to make a big improvement second half.

You play your best team to get results. Accept they are gone at the end of the year, but letting 2 players who are capable at this level rot, because they don't want to stay is not the answer. If you replace a good player with a kid who is nowhere near ready, and you are exposed, you are not doing what's best for the club in the moment, you are feeding your own ego, that is all. 

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

I agree. What does my head in is lazy fans instantly blaming a manager when players constantly make mistakes. They’re not technical mistakes either . It’s poor decision making . A manager can’t make decisions for the players , they have to learn that the hard way. Our experienced players keep making poor decisions never mind the kids. 

Thats the disappointing thing. It would seem that a few of the senior players have taken the opportunity to pass the buck tonight.

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

For those who want him sacked….who do you want in please? Caveat that said manager will probably not be able to bring in his own coaching staff, and will have no transfer funds to improve the squad. Thanks in advance 

Don't need new players - just well coached players, so new coaching staff would do just fine.

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

For those who want him sacked….who do you want in please? Caveat that said manager will probably not be able to bring in his own coaching staff, and will have no transfer funds to improve the squad. Thanks in advance 

It's such a ******* cop out asking that. We don't know the budget and nor do you.

He has to go

• Like 1

Result has gone now so go out there and give the fans who've paid for this something.  For some time enthusiasm from the bench is pretty much litter and echoes in the performances like this ,we are not brave and our players can play within themselves quite safely.  We need a bit of a jack in the box on the line to get us going again, I've seen lots of anti Pearson stuff but for me he knows the game and should head upstairs maybe . Its time for a change now imo

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Just because the obvious candidate isn't shining out, doesn't mean you keep employing the person making you go backwards and regressing the business. 

The fact is, you stop the problem when you remove the problem.

Finding the new solution should never be addressed until the problem is out the way.

The players know the coaching staff, they know Tinnion. You could put him in charge for the time it takes to bring in someone. The fact is, we are going down under Pearson, the same players might perform better without him and his awful tactics, regardless of who is at the helm. 

1 minute ago, bexhill reds said:

Why, clearly he wants out, absolutely no benefit in playing someone who no longer wants to be part of the group. Only use him if we absolutely have to, and tonight we don't.

Sounds like tonight we do need him, or do you think 2-0 down is OK when our midfield has been so poor. If he plays well it puts him in the shop window and helps the team

Just now, Slack Bladder said:

I know there is issues with HNM signing a new contract, but as a supporter paying good money to watch the team, I wanna watch our best players.

Two things

1) Massengo isn't exactly one of our best players

2) I can't criticise NP's decision to play a player who wants to have a career at City as opposed to one who doesnt.

• Like 1