IGNORED

Lincoln City at home Carabao Cup third-round match thread

Jerseybean

Just now, robinforlife2 said:

Money aside, I probably give more of a damn about the club than the owner, who is more interested in an egg shape ball and is happy to watch us disappear into League One!

Funny how bringing in a problem solver has worked for many clubs, but it wouldn't be good enough for City, who continue with someone who has won less than 30% of the games he has been in charge of, and less than 25% of the home games he has been in charge of.  Yet a fan who is fed up, is the problem and not the bloke who couldn't manage for toffee!

We've had our fair share of decent managers over those forty years, without great success. Maybe Bristol City FC is an issue within itself?

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I’m 40 next year.

That means I’ve spent four decades supporting:

A club in the 11th biggest city in the country with no bigger clubs within 100 miles.

A club with a 27,000 all seater stadium and a top class training facility.

A club capable of taking 45,000 supporters to watch a game two hours away against Walsall.

A club with a billionaire owner.

….and not ONCE in those FOUR DECADES have I EVER seen us in the top division.

I’ve never seen us win a play off final.

I’ve never seen us in a major cup final.

I’ve seen us in the second tier playoffs ONCE.

Conclusion: I genuinely think this makes City fans of my generation amongst the most long suffering in the country. Just perpetual underachievement and disappointment for my entire life. And I’m really starting to wonder if it’ll ever be worth it.

It's even worse, I think we are the 6th largest city.

2 minutes ago, RobArnold10 said:

Been very patient over the last few years but this is a bit hard to swallow, coupled with a situation below us getting tighter…this is much more Pearson’s team now and the same issues are occurring. I want it to work out for him but honestly? I’m beginning to waver in terms of my opinion, this isn’t really good enough. 

Have to say I agree, was pleased when NP came in and honestly thought we had turned a corner earlier this season but 2 wins out of 12 in the league and now this shambles tonight, and I would not be disappointed if he got the boot.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I’m 40 next year.

A club in the 11th biggest city in the country with no bigger clubs within 100 miles.

A club capable of taking 45,000 supporters to watch a game two hours away against Walsall.

Conclusion: I genuinely think this makes City fans of my generation amongst the most long suffering in the country. Just perpetual underachievement and disappointment for my entire life. And I’m really starting to wonder if it’ll ever be worth it.

Pretty much sums it up for me. I feel like hitting the bottle tonight, i have had enough - bollox to it being a school night aswell ?? 

Just now, Lew-T said:

The worrying thing is, that’s a pretty good side out there on paper. Weimann, Semenyo, Dasilva, Atkinson, Klose, Sykes etc…

Have the players lost faith, confidence, patience with Nige? 

Not sure I agree with that, Semenyo hopelessly out of form or has got lost in his own hype, Sykes a winger by trade who can't cross, Klose who doesn't seem to be anywhere near the player of last season, Martin for whom age has caught up combined with our seeming to want to lump it up to him whenever he is on.

Perhaps NP is guilty of too many experiments tonight combined with a hope that a couple of players will play themselves into some sort of form.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I’m 40 next year.

And you'll still be here with the rest of us when you're 80 - sorry!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I’m 40 next year.

Condensed version - Why can’t we have nice things?

A question I’ve been asking for even longer than you.

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1

Just now, OliOTIB said:

Its alright though everyone, Just remember that a new 100m Basketball stadium is being built outside of the ground ??

I genuinely am shocked that people haven’t questioned the logic of building a basketball stadium (its ******* insanity!).

People lap up all kinds of shite from Lansdown, but the clown doing crap like this makes it nigh on impossible for us to ever be sold.

• Confused 1

Just now, OliOTIB said:

Its alright though everyone, Just remember that a new 100m Basketball stadium is being built outside of the ground ??

Good. We can all run in there when it's raining and/or the football is rubbish.

Bristol Sport is SL's legacy. Top flight football for BCFC a long gone priority.

1 minute ago, NewquayRed said:

But surely NP knows this and it was to be expected, personally think this represents where his priorities are and the cup isn't one of them when your getting dragged into a relegation battle.

More than likely he did. I agree re priorities, as no one really cares about this cup until the very late stages. But it also goes to show that we aren’t good enough to take any team, regardless of what league they play in, lightly. 

• Like 2

What I cannot understand is Pearson's thinking. He knew that Lincoln had been knocked out by a non league team in Round 1 of the FA cup. Surely he must have expected them to come out fighting with something to prove. Yet he picks this hybrid team including Martin the carthorse up front with Semenyo who can't hit a barn door sprinkle in some raw players from the academy and there we go walloped at home by Lincoln. And he has done to Low exactly what he said he would not do. Throw him in to a poor team and probably wrecked his confidence. Pearson's talk is good but increasingly it fails to be turned in to actions.

• Like 2

Just now, And Its Smith said:

Pearson keeping Martin on needs to be discussed. Both have lost the plot 

Chris Martin just isn’t interested. As soon as he dropped down the order and realised he wasn’t the main man anymore, he’s downed tools.

• Like 1