IGNORED

Lincoln City at home Carabao Cup third-round match thread

Jerseybean

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I don’t. 

Imagine how much sweeter it is when the success comes. And it will come. I’m sure it will. 

I think I’m losing the faith that it ever will Fordy.

There is always a club doing things better than us that gets there before we do. Every time. And they often seem to be a little shitty one from a little shitty town…Blackpool… Barnsley…. Reading…. Burnley…. Wigan…. Huddersfield…

I’m sick to death of it.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I’m 40 next year.

That means I’ve spent four decades supporting:

A club in the 11th biggest city in the country with no bigger clubs within 100 miles.

A club with a 27,000 all seater stadium and a top class training facility.

A club capable of taking 45,000 supporters to watch a game two hours away against Walsall.

A club with a billionaire owner.

….and not ONCE in those FOUR DECADES have I EVER seen us in the top division.

I’ve never seen us win a play off final.

I’ve never seen us in a major cup final.

I’ve seen us in the second tier playoffs ONCE.

Conclusion: I genuinely think this makes City fans of my generation amongst the most long suffering in the country. Just perpetual underachievement and disappointment for my entire life. And I’m really starting to wonder if it’ll ever be worth it.

Yep I am 42 mate and my birthday will always be linked with us losing to hull in our 1 chance of me seeing us in the top flight. That is how much faith I have in us ever being successful at this level. I could live until 100 and I would not be confident of seeing City in the top flight. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I think I’m losing the faith that it ever will Fordy.

There is always a club doing things better than us that gets there before we do. Every time. And they often seem to be a little shitty one from a little shitty town…Blackpool… Barnsley…. Reading…. Burnley…. Wigan…. Huddersfield…

I’m sick to death of it.

Aww diddums

• Hmmm 1

Just now, redkev said:

Weird league 

Huddersfield beating qpr away

rotherham beating sheff utd away 

Fair play to Rotherham, usually the whipping boys at this level but they look a decent outfit this season. Once again goes to show you don’t need to throw ££ to get a decent team at this level…!

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

OK, so again, how are we going to change... 

We cant at the moment we have no money and have to play players that arn't good enough. We have to sell the crown jewels Conway Semenyo Scott in Jan that is the only way to raise money for some new signings