IGNORED

Lincoln City at home Carabao Cup third-round match thread

Jerseybean

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Just left the ground. An absolute mess of a performance. Team selection, tactics, style of play, attitude - all simply unacceptable. 

And with us heading for the bottom three by close of play Saturday, it is not an anomaly.

A lot of our fans are sleepwalking at the moment. I'm afraid Nigel and the players are underperforming badly and with a month break and January (where we are likely to lose personnel and players) on it's way, it's likely things are going to get worse before they get better. 

Would you get rid & if so who do you get in . There’s a few on here who shout sack him , Pearson out etc , but haven’t got the mental capacity to give a well thought out explanation on who they’d get in & why. 

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

Would you get rid & if so who do you get in . There’s a few on here who shout sack him , Pearson out etc , but haven’t got the mental capacity to give a well thought out explanation on who they’d get in & why. 

And you can guarantee that if he does go, the ones who've been screaming loudest for it to happen will be repeating it with the next one, whoever it may be, within a couple of months.

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Lakeside Red said:

Can’t back nige anymore if we lose sat he’s got to go . He’s had long enough to sort it out I don’t have faith in him keeping us up  

Any suggestions Lakeside? Is there a particular name or type of manager you'd like to see? What would She/he/everything in between, need to bring to effect change?

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

You'll just have to wait and see.

The clue is that for all your unwavering support for Nige and all those who equally feel you are increasingly delusional- none us buggers have a say either way.

BCFC is not a democracy, it's an autocracy.

Whether we like it or not we are the talk of the soccer internet....the side that lost to Chippenham,  now stuffs a Championship side!!   We are an embarrassment.  I am not going to go over the top about Pearson, but this is just yet another symptom of his tactical naivety?  An opportunity to boost the confidence of our team and draw a Premiership side has now been squandered?      The league is the priority, but c'mon, 1-3 to Lincoln is beyond sad?  My problem is, if, .......IF we survive in the Championship, I just DO not trust Pearson to rebuild the side for season 23-24, he should be thanked and compensated and told to move on?   We need a quality coach who knows how to motivate, how to set up a team, and how to get the best out of our players?  I am completely fed up with Pearson, and although i sympathise with all the financial constraints etc........he is not moving our side forward, and I will be fascinated to see who he picks on Saturday?

Edited by maxjak
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Well it’s hard to believe that carrying on the way we are is the answer.

Pearson is simply not delivering and don’t give me all this ‘no money to spend’ stuff.  He knew he had to generate money to be able to spend, and he didn’t do so.  A lot of managers are in that position.  Just what has he achieved since being here?  I would have loved to see him succeed, but enough is enough.  We are on a downward trajectory that has to be reversed, or we are in League One playing the Gas.

You're making a number of assumptions. Those being that teams wanted to buy our players and that our owners were willing to sell them. 

A new manager would still have to work under the exact same constraints as Pearson is having to. 

3 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

Some good news: we won’t be in the bottom three for the World Cup break. Wigan play Blackpool on Saturday. 

I think we could be. Wigan and Blackpool draw, West Brom win, we lose by six goals or more - bottom three.

Edited by Wanderingred
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

You'll just have to wait and see.

The clue is that for all your unwavering support for Nige and all those who equally feel you are increasingly delusional- none us buggers have a say either way.

BCFC is not a democracy, it's an autocracy.

Who ever comes in whenever that is. I’m sure you’ll be ready to character assassinate him as soon as it goes tits up 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Pearson isn’t making the best use of the resources available to him and increasingly the players are looking demoralised and are not performing.  There is no real sign of the situation turning around and for progress to be made.  We can stick with Pearson, sure, but we risk relegation if we do, and relegation would be disastrous for us.

As to who we get in, I’m sure there would be no shortage of applicants and there may well be talented candidates in lower divisions worth looking at.  Preston don’t seem to be doing so badly with Ryan Lowe, who wasn’t considered good enough for us a not long ago.

Sadly, I find it hard to make a case for Pearson to stay now.

• Like 1